+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Indian Passport after PPR

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
I passed through this.
Filed application with old passport of my child. And after that i applied new passport for her.
Meanwhile, PPR came. Replied to that email with change in passport number and details.
Then, i sent the new passport only with copies of old one and with an explanation letter for stamping entry visa.
All processed without any issues.

But, when i received passport back with visa, they gave the entry time for all as per end date of first passport of my child. This means, i did not received 1 year time frame. I received visa in august and need to enter before this December because that the expiry date of my childs first passport. I can travel with her new passport.

So when you send details regarding passport update to PPR request email, mention this specifically

Other than that no issues and its all common scenario.

Reactions: Bapu1978

Bapu1978

Jul 15, 2017
I passed through this.
Filed application with old passport of my child. And after that i applied new passport for her.
Meanwhile, PPR came. Replied to that email with change in passport number and details.
Then, i sent the new passport only with copies of old one and with an explanation letter for stamping entry visa.

But, when i received passport back with visa, they gave the entry time for all as per end date of first passport of my child. This means, i did not received 1 year time frame. I received visa in august and need to enter before this December because that the expiry date of my childs first passport. I can travel with her new passport.

So when you send details regarding passport update to PPR request email, mention this specifically

Thanks for this. If this happens to me then I will have hardly one month left :-(. Is there any alternative way?

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
Thanks for this. If this happens to me then I will have hardly one month left :-(. Is there any alternative way?
I am not sure. If you haven't received the PPR yet, you could raise the case form in CIC website. But if you already received the PPR, i believe the choice is replying to the PPR email and enclosing a covering letter explaining the issue when you send passport.

May be some seniors can advice well in this.

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even I'm in a similar situation bht my passport will expire in nov-2018 and I cannot renew it since passport can be renewed with 1 year of date of expiry i.e nov-2017. So what I thought of doing is writing loe with my application that I will be applying for new passport in tatkal and will get it in 1 week so ppr to be ossued on new passport. I hopethat should help me. Rest I hope they don't reject my application on this issue.

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
Even I'm in a similar situation bht my passport will expire in nov-2018 and I cannot renew it since passport can be renewed with 1 year of date of expiry i.e nov-2017. So what I thought of doing is writing loe with my application that I will be applying for new passport in tatkal and will get it in 1 week so ppr to be ossued on new passport. I hopethat should help me. Rest I hope they don't reject my application on this issue.
I dont think these will cause rejection. I believe you have enough time in passport validity.

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
I passed through this.

What date is mentioned on your medical test form? OR when did you appear for medicals?

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
What date is mentioned on your medical test form? OR when did you appear for medicals?
June 2017.
My entry eligibility is based on my childs old passport. Even in CoPR, the passport mentioned is old passport. This means, for me they havent considered the new passport date for the entry purpose as I filed application with old one.
But they stamped entry visa in new passport only as I did sent new passport for the stamping.

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
Dear,

I have one issue. I am going to renew my passport after ppr so that new passport can be stamped with visa and copr can be updated.
BUT INDIAN AUTHORITIES HAS STARTED ISSUING PASSPORTS WITH ADDITION of STATE IN “BIRTH PLACE” which was just name of the birthplace before.

For example: birth place- Jalandhar, Punjab, WHICH WAS BEFORE , Jalandhar

CIC identify us from name, dob, place of birth, & country. So will this create any issue??
I dont think so. Still Jalandhar is there, they are mentioning the state additionally which should not cause any harm ideally. However, have the latest news or any notification from passport office print out with you.