+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Employer as Representative for WP Application

Regdor

Sep 27, 2011
Here I am again asking for replies to my concerns. Thanks for dealing with me always guys.

When applying for a new work permit, can I make my new employer the representative for my application in the Form 5476 (Use of Representative)? Because I am presently employed and I want the approved work permit to be sent directly to my new employer's address.

If okay, I will tick on the box for "Other" then state "New Employer"?

In the form 1249, how would my new employer sign the document as my authorized representative? Will I just give her the scanned copy of my form 1249 with SCANNED signature on it? then he signs afterwards then send to CPC-Vegreville?

Please help. Thank you again in advance.

katniss

Sep 15, 2011
Hi Regdor,

I am not sure about the second half of your query (about signatures etc) but I am familiar with the first half!

The "Use of a Representative" form in an LMO/WP application is only intended for legal advisors who are acting on your behalf i.e. if you (or your employer) have appointed a lawyer to handle the paperwork for you. In that case, this form is basically needed so the Govt knows that they can communicate directly with the lawyer. I do not believe an employer can be mentioned as a "representative"; however this is only my experience and opinion and other users here may have different and valid inputs.

Hope this helps in some way!

Good luck :)