+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi (NDVO) 2017 - Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada

sam1991

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
ravneet !!! Please check this may be help you someone posted few days ago.
I applied for the Visitor Visa for Canada from India.
  1. I am happy to inform you that IT HAS BEEN GRANTED to me! :D :D :D

My husband (sponsor) and I (principal applicant) have applied for my PR under Family Class.
    On the forum I had read several times that it's nearly impossible to be granted a visitor visa while PR application is in process and that there is a 98% rejection rate, but I'm here to say that it's POSSIBLE!
    But I applied and I got it!

I have been granted a ONE-YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY visa to Canada.

What worked for us is that I showed PLENTY of TIES TO HOME and also convinced them that I will not overstay.

Here is a list of documents I submitted- It took a lot of time and energy to gather, but it's been worth it!

IMP: I applied for a travel duration of ONE MONTH. (They usually issue a 6 month visa, but best not to say you'll stay for 6 months!) It has to be long enough that it's believable, but short enough that it doesn't make them feel like you're trying to stay permanently !

Before applying for Canada Tourist Visa, I also applied (and was granted) a 10 year multiple entry visa to the U.S.
    I think this carries some amount of weightage so it's probably a good idea to get a US tourist visa before applying for Canada.

My documents:
    1. Income Tax Returns for last 4 years ( as many years as you have filed!)
    2. As I am a freelancer, so no employer leave letter I submitted-My invoices, Contracts & Purchase orders for my work. (to prove I have ties to home)
    3. Aadhar card copy
    4. Drivers license copy
    5. Pan card copy
    6. Marriage certificate
    7. PCC for all the countries I have spent more than 6 months in.
    8. Visa Medical
    9. Bank statements of the last 6 months
    10.Car ownership papers (with ongoing loan)
    11.Return flight tickets (THIS IS VERY IMP APPARENTLY- NEVER BOOK A ONE WAY TICKET, THEY'LL SURELY REJECT THE VISA)
    12.My travel & employment history (same as submitted for the PR visa application)
    13.My resume
    14.A kick ass cover letter giving reasons why I will not overstay the Visitor Visa and why I haveto return to India after my trip.
    15.A letter from my dad on a stamp paper saying I will return as per my flight dates.

My husband's documents:
    16. His employment letter of confirmation from the company where he works
    17. Income Tax Returns filed in Canada
    18. Pay stubs from the last 3 months
    19. Bank Statements of last 6 months
    20. PR Card copy
    21. SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL LETTER (Super important)
    22. Our travel together (flight tickets, hotel bookings etc)
    23. Our photos together from the wedding & before & after the wedding- to establish that our marriage is real!(this is very important too, apparently, one girl told me to send that in because they rejected her visa saying there isn't enough proof of her marriage- even though she submitted her marriage certificate copy!!)
    25. Our chat messages from over 1 year (same as submitted for the PR application)
    26. Travel insurance that my husband bought for me (in Canada) for the duration of my trip.
    27. A notarized declaration from my husband stating he will pay for my expenses & that I will not be a burden on the Canada.
    28. A notarized invitation letter (addressed to VO) from my husband inviting me to visit him in Canada.
    29. A hand written personal invitation from him to me asking me come and visit him (this is a personal letter, with lovey-dovey words about how much he misses me and wants to see me)

The reason why people get rejections is because they're not proving their ties to their home country.
    If you can show that you have a lot of things/ people/ property/ assets that are in your home country that you won't just leave behind- they will grant you a visa.

Another thing, in my cover letter, I stated UP FRONT that I have a PR application in the system (gave my UCI etc) and said that I would never do anything to jeopardise my PR application by over staying on a Tourist Visa. I just want to visit my husband since we're newly married and I miss him.

zara12

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Hello,
I have not linked my gc key account because of representative.

Does it make any difference in file processing time?

Thanks
I don't think so it hampers the whole process in any way if you have not linked your account with gcKey. As long as the representative is good, you will get all the updates in time. We applied through a representative only and in no way have we faced any difficulty so far. We didn't link our gcKey account either.

Reactions: amy_zira

JSingh45

Apr 1, 2018
FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS REGARDING MY SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION

APPLICATION STATUS: IN PROCESS
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 11, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on November 9, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on October 4, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as thecorrespondence will outline allinformation that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results

Review of additional documents We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

CAN ANYONE CAN HELP ME AND PLEASE GUIDE ME, IS IT MY FILE ON RIGHT TRACK AND WHAT IS NEXT?? AND HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE FOR DM?

PLEASE & THANK YOU

gayatribose

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS REGARDING MY SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION

APPLICATION STATUS: IN PROCESS
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 11, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on November 9, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on October 4, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as thecorrespondence will outline allinformation that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results

Review of additional documents We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

CAN ANYONE CAN HELP ME AND PLEASE GUIDE ME, IS IT MY FILE ON RIGHT TRACK AND WHAT IS NEXT?? AND HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE FOR DM?

PLEASE & THANK YOU

Yes it is on track. However you’ll have to submit more documents as mentioned.
The process time depends on when the application submission date.

JSingh45

Apr 1, 2018
Yes it is on track. However you’ll have to submit more documents as mentioned.
The process time depends on when the application submission date.
This status for additional documents is from long time, bur they haven't asked for any documents or message till the date. Similer thing happen before "We sent you correspondence on October 4, 2017" but haven't received any correspondence.
I am worried. Moreover, my wife gonna kill me if it will take too long :(

Reactions: Sarajan1

gayatribose

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
This status for additional documents is from long time, bur they haven't asked for any documents or message till the date. Similer thing happen before "We sent you correspondence on October 4, 2017" but haven't received any correspondence.
I am worried. Moreover, my wife gonna kill me if it will take too long :(

I understand. I’m sailing on the same boat. You should call the immigration office and ask them about the additional documents.

JSingh45

Apr 1, 2018
I understand. I’m sailing on the same boat. You should call the immigration office and ask them about the additional documents.
Thanks for helping, just one more query. Is their is any contact information for immigration office, where I can reach them? And sorry to bug you. Have a good one.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
Thanks for helping, just one more query. Is their is any contact information for immigration office, where I can reach them? And sorry to bug you. Have a good one.
The additional documents they are talking about is schedule A and PCC. I assume you got the request to upload these docs on oct 4. Right?

tinu_1

Mar 27, 2018
ravneet !!! Please check this may be help you someone posted few days ago.
I applied for the Visitor Visa for Canada from India.
  1. I am happy to inform you that IT HAS BEEN GRANTED to me! :D :D :D

My husband (sponsor) and I (principal applicant) have applied for my PR under Family Class.
    On the forum I had read several times that it's nearly impossible to be granted a visitor visa while PR application is in process and that there is a 98% rejection rate, but I'm here to say that it's POSSIBLE!
    But I applied and I got it!

I have been granted a ONE-YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY visa to Canada.

What worked for us is that I showed PLENTY of TIES TO HOME and also convinced them that I will not overstay.

Here is a list of documents I submitted- It took a lot of time and energy to gather, but it's been worth it!

IMP: I applied for a travel duration of ONE MONTH. (They usually issue a 6 month visa, but best not to say you'll stay for 6 months!) It has to be long enough that it's believable, but short enough that it doesn't make them feel like you're trying to stay permanently !

Before applying for Canada Tourist Visa, I also applied (and was granted) a 10 year multiple entry visa to the U.S.
    I think this carries some amount of weightage so it's probably a good idea to get a US tourist visa before applying for Canada.

My documents:
    1. Income Tax Returns for last 4 years ( as many years as you have filed!)
    2. As I am a freelancer, so no employer leave letter I submitted-My invoices, Contracts & Purchase orders for my work. (to prove I have ties to home)
    3. Aadhar card copy
    4. Drivers license copy
    5. Pan card copy
    6. Marriage certificate
    7. PCC for all the countries I have spent more than 6 months in.
    8. Visa Medical
    9. Bank statements of the last 6 months
    10.Car ownership papers (with ongoing loan)
    11.Return flight tickets (THIS IS VERY IMP APPARENTLY- NEVER BOOK A ONE WAY TICKET, THEY'LL SURELY REJECT THE VISA)
    12.My travel & employment history (same as submitted for the PR visa application)
    13.My resume
    14.A kick ass cover letter giving reasons why I will not overstay the Visitor Visa and why I haveto return to India after my trip.
    15.A letter from my dad on a stamp paper saying I will return as per my flight dates.

My husband's documents:
    16. His employment letter of confirmation from the company where he works
    17. Income Tax Returns filed in Canada
    18. Pay stubs from the last 3 months
    19. Bank Statements of last 6 months
    20. PR Card copy
    21. SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL LETTER (Super important)
    22. Our travel together (flight tickets, hotel bookings etc)
    23. Our photos together from the wedding & before & after the wedding- to establish that our marriage is real!(this is very important too, apparently, one girl told me to send that in because they rejected her visa saying there isn't enough proof of her marriage- even though she submitted her marriage certificate copy!!)
    25. Our chat messages from over 1 year (same as submitted for the PR application)
    26. Travel insurance that my husband bought for me (in Canada) for the duration of my trip.
    27. A notarized declaration from my husband stating he will pay for my expenses & that I will not be a burden on the Canada.
    28. A notarized invitation letter (addressed to VO) from my husband inviting me to visit him in Canada.
    29. A hand written personal invitation from him to me asking me come and visit him (this is a personal letter, with lovey-dovey words about how much he misses me and wants to see me)

The reason why people get rejections is because they're not proving their ties to their home country.
    If you can show that you have a lot of things/ people/ property/ assets that are in your home country that you won't just leave behind- they will grant you a visa.

Another thing, in my cover letter, I stated UP FRONT that I have a PR application in the system (gave my UCI etc) and said that I would never do anything to jeopardise my PR application by over staying on a Tourist Visa. I just want to visit my husband since we're newly married and I miss him.
Thanks for this info. Gives some encouragement to make an attempt, no harm in taking a chance I guess.

babi1468

Feb 20, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Please help me with the question, do my husband need to inform about job changes while my PR application in progress.

I got decision made on sponsorship approval and same time we had job change.

Feb 2018 application.

regards,

sugan28

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
26-10-2015
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
Hello Everyone,

Please help me with the question, do my husband need to inform about job changes while my PR application in progress.

I got decision made on sponsorship approval and same time we had job change.

Feb 2018 application.

regards,
not needed