Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
BlessedPheonix said:
Hello Vikram,

Thanks for your suggestions. I did follow your advice and did the first 2 things. Both of them worked. I got reply from NDVO to sned my passport, photos and new email letter to an office in LA. Additionally, my area MP in Canada sent a request to NDVO for passport submission in US. They allowed me to send my passport to NY Visa Office. So, eventually, I had the option of sending my visa to the Canadian Consulate in LA or NY.

I'm very thankful to this forum, this thread and especially you for giving such wonderful suggestions. I encourage everyone to post your queries in all applicable threads as possible and I'm sure they will be answered by amazing helpful people.

Thanks.
Congrats! Good to know that it worked for you. Glad I could help.

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
Vikram18 said:
Hey guys!
My wife landed last Friday at Toronto airport. Pretty straight forward process, they asked a few basic questions like are you involved in any criminal activity, stamped the list of items she was carrying, signed the COPR, took her Canadian address, issued the SIN and that's it.

Did something change in the spread sheet? There used to be a landed date column earlier, can't see it now.
Congrats Vikram, happy for you. And yes there used to be a Landing Date Column, it seems like someone deleted it. :mad:

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
Just called CIC to check regarding SA or AOR2, as it has been more than 50 days and I haven't got SA or AOR2. He said that file shows it is in progress. When I mentioned to him that it's more than 50 days, he acknowledged that there has been delay from their end and he said that he is raising a "request for response" on my application and I will be getting an email update soon. Fingers crossed now and waiting eagerly for next update.
Application received - 11 May 2016, AOR1 - 31 May 2016.

canadavisa1986

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
Aor1: 31st may 2016
File Transfer...
AOR2/ File transferred to NDVO: July 18th 2016
Med's Done....
upfront in Jan 2016
Interview........
BG check in progress: 10th dec 2016/ DM on 15th Dec 2016
vaibhavxv said:
Just called CIC to check regarding SA or AOR2, as it has been more than 50 days and I haven't got SA or AOR2. He said that file shows it is in progress. When I mentioned to him that it's more than 50 days, he acknowledged that there has been delay from their end and he said that he is raising a "request for response" on my application and I will be getting an email update soon. Fingers crossed now and waiting eagerly for next update.
Application received - 11 May 2016, AOR1 - 31 May 2016.

Same timeline.
App received 10th may
Aor1- 31st may

Nothing after that
Called CIC received same response they ll send a mail requesting response asap.

We can only wait nothing else i suppose.

muskaan24

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Vikram18 said:
Hey guys!
My wife landed last Friday at Toronto airport. Pretty straight forward process, they asked a few basic questions like are you involved in any criminal activity, stamped the list of items she was carrying, signed the COPR, took her Canadian address, issued the SIN and that's it.

Did something change in the spread sheet? There used to be a landed date column earlier, can't see it now.
Many congratulations Vikram. Very happy to hear this for you. :)

dondsw

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 12,2016
AOR Received.
AOR1#JUNE 02/2016
IELTS Request
SA#JULY 06/2016
File Transfer...
AOR2#JULY 18/2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
APR 01,2016
Interview........
DECISION MADE#DEC 25, 2016
Passport Req..
JAN 03, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 08, 2017
LANDED..........
JAN 28, 2017
Vikram18 said:
Hey guys!

you can put landing date in notes

jigsgr8

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Ahmedabad, GJ, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
15-03-2016
KATHMANDUNEPAL said:
hi I am wondering what about your sponsorship approval date? you haven't mentioned when you received it? thank you.
Hi My SA date is 20 June. I haven't received SA but I called CIC and they confirmed.

Sidsmt

Star Member
Jul 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jigsgr8 said:
Hi My SA date is 20 June. I haven't received SA but I called CIC and they confirmed.
Congratulations.

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016 AOR2 Received: 19-04-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
Pari123 said:
Congrats Vikram, happy for you. And yes there used to be a Landing Date Column, it seems like someone deleted it. :mad:
muskaan24 said:
Many congratulations Vikram. Very happy to hear this for you. :)
Thanks guys. Hope NDVO picks up speed again and you also hear the good news soon.

djsum

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
01-06-2018
PaulU said:
Can you please share what you attached in your file to shows ties to India ?
Hey...Yup based on the various feedbacks that I received in the forum and from my friends, I would recommend you should wait for your SA/AOR2 to come first, if you haven't already. In the mean time prepare all the other documents and arrange for funds in the bank accounts (one of the most important thing). Few pointers that might help you with your application -

1. Ensure you and your wife's account have sufficient funds
2. Prepare a strong invitation letter and wife's cover letter. There are some good samples available in the below thread -
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html
3. If your wife is working, ensure she gets leave letter and employment letter from her office.
4. We also showed a shorter duration for her visit, 3 months, and her leave letter also stated the same time period and mentioned that she will return to work after that period.
5. Prepare of proof of relationship document - include marriage certificate, photographs of wedding ceremonies, honeymoon, etc. You might have already prepared this for your PR application, just trim it a bit to include relevant photos
6. To have a faster processing, we thought we will do a paper application vs an online application as in the paper application the passport has to be sent along with the application whereas in online application they specifically request for the passport after a decision is made, which might result in longer turn around time. Although I have a few friends who got their online application approved and passport stamped within a week. So it all depends how they process. But we personally felt paper application was faster (24 days on CIC processing times page vs 12 days for our visa processing)
7. We also included the same medical examination form that we submitted for our PR
8. Include Travel Itinerary with your application. You can get that from any travel agent or you can book a refundable return ticket.
9. Ensure that you include your and your wife's (if working) pay stubs, bank statements, employment letters, your PR card copy and travel history (all passport pages with stamps if you guys travelled somewhere out of India)

I hope this helps. Wish you all the best with your application

quebec_vasi

Jun 29, 2016
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-21-2016
AOR Received.
07-08-2016
File Transfer...
08-16-2016
Med's Done....
05-24-2016
Passport Req..
02-20-2017
hi guys,

I have a question regarding my spouse sponsership application. my wife she is a degree student and she will complete her final year exams in May 2017. I applied for PR this month. Will there be any questions asked, like how you are planning to go to Canada before June 2017. If they ask what would be the best answer we can give. I appreciate any kind of suggestions or experiences. Thanks in advance!

quebec_vasi

Jun 29, 2016
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-21-2016
AOR Received.
07-08-2016
File Transfer...
08-16-2016
Med's Done....
05-24-2016
Passport Req..
02-20-2017
Do we need to provide bank statements showing funds along with the application? Or we need to gather these documents if we have an interview??

T.Rex87

Feb 12, 2016
Vikram18 said:
Hey guys!

Congrats bro !! have a wonderful life ahead.

T.Rex87

Feb 12, 2016
djsum said:
Hey...Yup based on the various feedbacks that I received in the forum and from my friends, I would recommend you should wait for your SA/AOR2 to come first, if you haven't already. In the mean time prepare all the other documents and arrange for funds in the bank accounts (one of the most important thing). Few pointers that might help you with your application -

1. Ensure you and your wife's account have sufficient funds
2. Prepare a strong invitation letter and wife's cover letter. There are some good samples available in the below thread -
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html
3. If your wife is working, ensure she gets leave letter and employment letter from her office.
4. We also showed a shorter duration for her visit, 3 months, and her leave letter also stated the same time period and mentioned that she will return to work after that period.
5. Prepare of proof of relationship document - include marriage certificate, photographs of wedding ceremonies, honeymoon, etc. You might have already prepared this for your PR application, just trim it a bit to include relevant photos
6. To have a faster processing, we thought we will do a paper application vs an online application as in the paper application the passport has to be sent along with the application whereas in online application they specifically request for the passport after a decision is made, which might result in longer turn around time. Although I have a few friends who got their online application approved and passport stamped within a week. So it all depends how they process. But we personally felt paper application was faster (24 days on CIC processing times page vs 12 days for our visa processing)
7. We also included the same medical examination form that we submitted for our PR
8. Include Travel Itinerary with your application. You can get that from any travel agent or you can book a refundable return ticket.
9. Ensure that you include your and your wife's (if working) pay stubs, bank statements, employment letters, your PR card copy and travel history (all passport pages with stamps if you guys travelled somewhere out of India)

I hope this helps. Wish you all the best with your application
congrats buddy !!

T.Rex87

Feb 12, 2016
My wife also got visitor visa. PR still in process. here's timeline to get an idea of processing for visitor visa.

online application : may 5
decision (refused): may 28

online application: june 8
PPR: 24june
Decision (approved) & passport dispatched: 29 june

documents that i attached are pretty much similar as explained in post from djsum

Best wishes to everyone!!