Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
11-06-2016
HarkiranKaur said:
You are living in india as well while waiting? If not it should say 13 months. It's 13 months for sponsoring a spouse outside Canada while the sponsor is inside Canada and the original application was sent inside Canada. Not that it matters as the estimate is not accurate anyway. Some seem to get it in 3-4 months while others it's 13-14 months and no rhyme or reason
Can you please stop your 13 months / 18 months justification again. We have read enough about that now. Please, no more discussion about that. Lol. :p

msingh05

Sep 13, 2016
farazkapadia said:
Can you please stop your 13 months / 18 months justification again. We have read enough about that now. Please, no more discussion about that. Lol. :p
I agree. Too much of useless discussion as if this is going to make any difference.

ADITYA VASHISHTHA

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
Doc's Request.
06-10-2016; Additional Doc's submitted: 10-10-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 18-03-2016; SA: 23-03-2016
File Transfer...
AOR 2: 04-04-2016
Med's Request
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
19-12-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
04-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
farazkapadia said:
Well, there is lot of subjectivity involved in the processing time and after lot of heated discussion, arguments, personal homework and discussion with lawyers and friends what my overall takeaway is that processing time depends on multiple factors and varies rationally:

1. How well you created your application and attached the necessary documents including proofs of marriage, pre/post pics, communication, call logs etc. Please keep in mind every application is different and unique and it has to be different processing time for every individual. Website quoted is an average time accumulating thousands of applications with varied time in general.

2. What is the age of the principal applicant? If PA is more than 30 or 35 years then the processing time would be considerably lengthy while on the other side if PA is quite young in an early 20's then it will be a speedy process. In my opinion all those application which cleared in 3-4 months would have been young lads/lass in early 20's. I got to know this from one of my lawyer friend in Toronto and he stated that young immigrants are more welcome in Canada because they are comparatively less dependent on the government. Sounds logical aren’t it?

3. With which officer your file is going to go with and the reputation of that officer in terms of clearing the bunch of files? Usually there is bunch of files allocated to each officer and it depends on what all proofs are attached and how easily it's communicating the story of relationship. If officer finds any objection he/she will hold that file and then move to the next file from that bunch. Understand it with a assembly line - it's not wise to hold on one file....keep the following up on hold while it could be done to jump on to the next file/task and inquire for additional documents for the held up application.

4. First marriage or second marriage also plays a crucial role in quick file clearance. How old is the relationship, any delay in marriage and reasons behind it?

5. I doubt about the application being circulated across to other VO because for example how any officer sit up in Africa would be aware about the marriage ceremonies in India considering a diversity of customs in India from north to south. I guess the respective country visa officer are trained locally about all the marriage proceedings etc.

Well you all are welcome to provide inputs and the above is solely my observations with no intentions to hurt individual's positivism. It’s practical what i would say...........Good luck to everyone....cheers :)

ADITYA VASHISHTHA

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
19-12-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
04-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
ghostrider said:
Hey, I don't think they send any acknowledgement. I just know by the courier tracking that it was received by them. Hope you get the ppr next and sooner. Good luck to us :)
Thanks and good luck to you as well. Happy Diwali and enjoy the festivities :)

ADITYA VASHISHTHA

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
19-12-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
04-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
rashu268 said:
2 weeks since bg check in process. :mad: :mad: :mad:
It's very strange that they are taking that much time now a days...i guess many people have their BG in process for long enough...long travel history?

Have you tried MP inquiry or emailing them to know about the status?

ADITYA VASHISHTHA

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
19-12-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
04-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
Ishneetd said:
Hi. We got a request from CIC to submit few documents (BG declaration, Travel documents) to NDVO. What will be the best way to send them - By DTDC, Blue Dart, or Registered post?

Any advise would be helpful. Thanks
FedEx is trustworthy and also can you share your current timeline because your profile left side timeline says you LANDED in "NOVEMBER 2016" (time travel ;)) And your signature is showing you received PR stamped already in September? So then for what NDVO asking additional docs ?

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
ADITYA VASHISHTHA said:
Only 35 pics :eek:...i guess they are well too short for them because all they look for loopholes to hang in application in between and buy some time to jump over irrationally. Hope they don't ask for it but you should have shared more at the first place. I submitted close to 100 pics initially and again submitted more than 175 this time as long as they are satisfied. I know they trashed all of them very soon but it's what it's ???
In hind sight, you may be right, since i didn't have a big ceremony, i added only the pics i had. I wouldn't wanna send them anymore unless they ask me for it else it might raise unnecessary attention the file which usually doesn't work in the best interest for me.

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Sonynita said:
Hi today my wife mp inquiry they ask eligibility passed . Interview waived. Just now background check last I m November 2015 applicant thx all good luck to all friends
Good luck to you too and every one in this forum, God Bless and God speed

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
suji21 said:
Below is the reply that my husband received for the personal message that we had sent them several times to reduce the application processing time for Family Sponsership.

Dear XXXXXX:

I am replying to your correspondence of January XX, 2016 to the Prime Minister and to your emails of June XX, July XX, and September XX, 2016, addressed to the Honourable John McCallum, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning delays in spousal sponsorship.

Please be assured that Citizenship and Immigration Canada reviews all applications objectively and consistently to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all applicants. We assess each application on its own merit against the program requirements.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way.

Family Class applicants are assessed under relaxed criteria. In addition to meeting the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character, the visa officer must be satisfied that the applicant is not inadmissible to Canada and, in the case of spouses and common-law or conjugal partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Family reunification is a core government priority. To this end, we have extended the pilot program which gives open work permits to eligible spouses or partners in Canada, whose in-Canada sponsorship applications have already been submitted. This allows applicants to work, provide for their families and contribute to the Canadian economy while waiting for their applications to be processed - 13,500 have taken advantage of this program and the numbers continue to rise (as of Dec. 31, 2015).

The increase in family class levels for 2016 will significantly reduce application inventories in this category. More families will be reunited with an increase in admissions for programs in the Family Class to between 75,000 – 82,000 admissions planned. This is higher than 2015 levels of 63,000 – 68,000 planned admissions.

The 2016 Annual Immigration Levels Plan will reduce the backlog and improve processing times in multiple programs, especially in the Family Class, by processing more applications and admitting 300,000 new permanent residents.

Regrettably, the Minister’s schedule does not allow him to meet with you at this time.

Thank you for writing and expressing your concerns. I trust that this information is of assistance.
Could you please share the email address where your husband had sent these emails, i would like to take a crack at it as well. The reason being its talking about In-Land applicants more than anything and theres no specific mention of Out-Land applicants in my opinion. Plus reunification should be more towards the applicants whose spouses are abroad and not the ones living with them already in Canada.

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
muskaan24 said:
Buhhhahahhahha..... Again13 and 18 month debate...
LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D

ADITYA VASHISHTHA

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
19-12-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
04-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
Sonynita said:
Hi today my wife mp inquiry they ask eligibility passed . Interview waived. Just now background check last I m November 2015 applicant thx all good luck to all friends
See i told you soon you will get BG check....Actually I took time to recall your name on whatsapp and soon i remember u just vanished....BGDhillon right...you got a new name now....anyways happy to see something moved for you and hope you get PR soon. All the best :)

suji21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2016
LANDED..........
05-12-2016
No, they are simply saying (in other words) you don't have a choice but to wait.

romil0909 said:
Are they saying we can apply for Work Permit of our spouses?

suji21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2016
LANDED..........
05-12-2016
For Immigration minister:
john.mccallum@parl.gc.ca
bmq@cic.gc.ca

For Prime minister:
Justin.Trudeau@parl.gc.ca
PM@pm.gc.ca

And you could copy your minister as well and you can find their contacts from http://www.parl.gc.ca/parliamentarians/en/members

dumdumhogayamein said:
Could you please share the email address where your husband had sent these emails, i would like to take a crack at it as well. The reason being its talking about In-Land applicants more than anything and theres no specific mention of Out-Land applicants in my opinion. Plus reunification should be more towards the applicants whose spouses are abroad and not the ones living with them already in Canada.

suji21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2016
LANDED..........
05-12-2016
This is what we wrote....

Dear Honorable IRCC Minister John McCallum,

​The information you are about to read is concerning issues faced by a large group of new immigrants who are staying away from their spouse for a very long time, and this circumstance had lead us to face many hardships in our lives which we all feel should never happen to anyone.

A quote from Charles Schulz, “Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely”, I second this quote however too much of absence is not. Staying away from our loved ones, especially the spouse (the one with whom we are going to spend most of our lifetime together), can be haunting due to emotional mental stress, physical weakness, and sleepless nights as all these succumb to a quality of being unproductive.

I’m not here to represent just myself rather a whole bunch of people who are sailing with me on the same boat. Most of us become permanent residents via various streams (CEC, FSW, PNP) but at that time of application we weren’t married (i.e. a single application), and we all knew that we will be getting married one day and will bring our spouse here, but only later we realized that we had to wait for 19 months for our spouse to be here in Canada. We all can feel each other as we have similar concerns and struggles that we are currently going through.

While we certainly understand that the new government had taken exceptional measures on reducing the processing times which is now less than 6 months for many countries, however, for few countries including India the processing time still remains considerably long and could be attributed to various constraints. Spouse is a spouse, and we all believe that every spouse immigrating to Canada should receive permanent residence immediately, or at least they should receive temporary residence until the final decision on their permanent resident application. The bottom line for most of us here is that we wanted to spend time with our spouse in Canada.

Since this new government has been showing incredible improvements in various sectors and they were also greatly listening to the needs of the people, hence, I would like to check with your office to see if it is possible to arrange an open group discussion with the honorable minister and if so I can gladly gather few people to travel to the respective government office. Our primary motive of this discussion is to understand more about the family spousal sponsorship process, its processing time, and also on the temporary resident visa process for the spouse while the family spousal application is in progress. Other than the processing times, we also would like to bring up some concerns and difficulties that are faced by various applicants throughout the process. I would be able to gather more people if we decided to have this open discussion over a video conferencing call.

We also acknowledge the tremendous efforts, hard work, over time that have been put by you and your team for the past 10 months, and we would like to thank you and your team for performing such a wonderful deed by bringing numerous refugees in no time.

I’m hoping to hear back from the honorable minister at his earliest convenience.

Thank you so much for your time.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following is the response we got from them.....

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXX:

I am replying to your correspondence of January 30, 2016 to the Prime Minister and to your emails of July 26, August 18, and September 27, 2016, addressed to the Honourable John McCallum, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning delays in spousal sponsorship.

Please be assured that Citizenship and Immigration Canada reviews all applications objectively and consistently to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all applicants. We assess each application on its own merit against the program requirements.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way.

Family Class applicants are assessed under relaxed criteria. In addition to meeting the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character, the visa officer must be satisfied that the applicant is not inadmissible to Canada and, in the case of spouses and common-law or conjugal partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Family reunification is a core government priority. To this end, we have extended the pilot program which gives open work permits to eligible spouses or partners in Canada, whose in-Canada sponsorship applications have already been submitted. This allows applicants to work, provide for their families and contribute to the Canadian economy while waiting for their applications to be processed - 13,500 have taken advantage of this program and the numbers continue to rise (as of Dec. 31, 2015).

The increase in family class levels for 2016 will significantly reduce application inventories in this category. More families will be reunited with an increase in admissions for programs in the Family Class to between 75,000 – 82,000 admissions planned. This is higher than 2015 levels of 63,000 – 68,000 planned admissions.

The 2016 Annual Immigration Levels Plan will reduce the backlog and improve processing times in multiple programs, especially in the Family Class, by processing more applications and admitting 300,000 new permanent residents.

Regrettably, the Minister’s schedule does not allow him to meet with you at this time.

Thank you for writing and expressing your concerns. I trust that this information is of assistance.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXX
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sadcanadianpr

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th July 2016
AOR Received.
23rd August 2016
File Transfer...
31st August 2016
Med's Request
22nd February 2017
Med's Done....
7th March 2017
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Still Waiting
suji21 said:
No, they are simply saying (in other words) you don't have a choice but to wait.
You can apply for work permit only if you are an inland applicant. Not sure why would he boast about work permit where the out-land applicants are not even eligible.

Another thing is Ottawa is processing in less than 4 months now. It's only NDVO which sucks. I don't understand why can't they just share the common workload if NDVO is really overloaded.