Interview........
June 16, 2016
Passport Req..
July 05, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 09, 2016
LANDED..........
July 15, 2016
Congrats to all applicants who got In Process, Decision Made and PPR.

Also good luck to those who are still waiting. Don't loose hope.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
nubee said:
Hi everyone,

I am a new member of this group and posting first time here.

I am a PR (citizenship in process). My fiance lives in India and we are planning on getting married in August 2015. We met thru family and this is an arranged marriage. We are planning for a court marriage first as there is no "muhurat (auspicious date and time)" in August. From the experience of members, Is court marriage accepted in delhi VO? Or do we need to have a traditional marriage?

I was planning for a traditional marriage at a muhurat date in November 2015. However as didn't want to delay the visa process so planning for a court marriage earlier. Is it ok to do this way? Please share your experience and point me in a right direction.

Thanks a lot for your help in anticipation. Please correct me if I am not on the right thread.
I answered in the 2015 thread
Hey,

My suggestion is to wait till you do the tradition marriage then apply since its a matter of only 4 months - Yes I know its a wait but its better and my reasoning is below.

Arranged marriages with court marriage is totally acceptable since NDVO understands that local customs and arranged marriages happen but thats also a disadvantage if you are doing a court marriage with it since a couple will have to provide relationship proof to show their genuineness. This genuineness is required to evaluate the couple and their past and in an arranged marriage there isnt any and the proof a couple would show is both the families united over traditional ceremonies which CIC values highly. We have seen cases of rejection just cause the couple didnt follow the local custom of marriage and the visa officer found it out of the ordinary - yes we can go about arguing but its futile..

Bottom line is in an arranged marriage its better to show traditional ceremonies and if not the visa officer would just raise a red flag that it was a marriage of convenience - my two cents

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
d4d said:
i asked this question before but didn't get any answer. hoping someone answers this time. we are in IP right now and I ordered notes a week after it went into IP and now i see
Criminality: Passed
Medical: In Progress
Eligibility: Passed

BUT

Security which was earlier Not started is now completely blank. is that normal or someone screwed up something there?
what exactly do they check under Security?

UPDATE:
So, i think i will answer my own question here in case anyone else come across similar scenario. Security once started will be hidden. it is somewhat mentioned in the email that you receive the notes with. it says:

Certain information qualifies for exemption pursuant to section(s) 15(1) International affairs and defence of the Access to Information Act.

This means that for some reason your security clearance details will be kept hidden.
You are right. I have read in other threads. Security status will not be shown in notes. However it will have multiple blank occurrences. Like how it shows Not started, In process and passed for other categories, it will be blank for security. I also noticed there were entire sections missing in my notes. ???

ManjitandJasteven

Feb 25, 2015
Punjab to Surrey
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
21-Jan-2015
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2014
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
tintumon said:
wooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww......... After this long wait I think the time has come for us............ Our ECAS status shows In process from today.......... I am really happy.......... Too much happy......... Members and those who supported me thank you very much....... The status says "we have started processing your file on July 1 2015.
Happy...... Happy...........
Congrats Tintumon !!!!! :p

Sashee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
AOR Received.
9-09-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
May 2014
Interview........
Waived!!!
VISA ISSUED...
I pray very soon!!
A Big Congratulations to those whose files got IP and DM,this is very good news for all of us and brings hope to everyone.....Hope NDVO speeds up the pace ....

manan1479

Feb 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Remeds request on 10 July 2015
Med's Done....
31-05-2014
Interview........
Waived..In Process
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Everyone,

Finally its 'IN PROCESS" for my file

My Timeline
Application Recd - 10.Sept.2014
Medical - 31.May.2014
AOR - 29.Oct.2014
AOR 2 - 17.Nov.2014

:) :) :) :eek: :eek: :eek:

moneey

Star Member
Sep 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 16
Doc's Request.
25 july div petition
AOR Received.
nov 5
File Transfer...
nov 5
Med's Request
remedical 25 august
Med's Done....
april 2014,27 august2015
Interview........
waived
manan1479 said:
Hi Everyone,

My Timeline
Medical - 31.May.2014
AOR - 29.Oct.2014
AOR 2 - 17.Nov.2014

[/quote. Congratulation...when did they start processing ur file

Blr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 November 2014
AOR Received.
AOR1: 17 Jan 2015, SA: 30 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
File received at NDVO: 13 Feb 2015 (Through CaseReviewTeam as no AOR2), IP: 12 Sept 2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
manan1479 said:
Hi Everyone,

My Timeline
Medical - 31.May.2014
AOR - 29.Oct.2014
AOR 2 - 17.Nov.2014

Congrats!

Did you get re-medical request?

jacob8

Jan 5, 2014
amritraj said:
yes dear u have to give divorce petition otherwise they will ask you and will delay processing.
Hi Members,
I have submitted my application on Sept 10th 2014. Now got an email from New Delhi for some missing documents. I need guidance on how to send the documents to New delhi, as it is not clearly mentioned in the email. I have the soft copy for the documents they are asking.Please find the mail below and suggest, if I have to send this in mail or email. And if it is is email, can i just reply to the mail from 'DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca' or is there any other email ID i have to include.

Dear Applicant:

This is with reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada sponsored by your spouse. In order to continue the processing of your application, please submit the following documents to our office:

- complete divorce petition and divorce order/judgment for your sponsor’s previous marriage. (Please do not send another copy of the divorce certificate).

The above documents must be received in this office within 30 days of the date of this e-mail. Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application.

Regards,

Immigration Section, New Delhi
High Commission of Canada in India / Government of Canada

moneey

Star Member
Sep 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 16
Doc's Request.
25 july div petition
AOR Received.
nov 5
File Transfer...
nov 5
Med's Request
remedical 25 august
Med's Done....
april 2014,27 august2015
Interview........
waived
jacob8 said:
Hi Members,
I have submitted my application on Sept 10th 2014. Now got an email from New Delhi for some missing documents. I need guidance on how to send the documents to New delhi, as it is not clearly mentioned in the email. I have the soft copy for the documents they are asking.Please find the mail below and suggest, if I have to send this in mail or email. And if it is is email, can i just reply to the mail from 'DELHIIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca' or is there any other email ID i have to include.

Dear Applicant:

This is with reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada sponsored by your spouse. In order to continue the processing of your application, please submit the following documents to our office:

- complete divorce petition and divorce order/judgment for your sponsor's previous marriage. (Please do not send another copy of the divorce certificate).

The above documents must be received in this office within 30 days of the date of this e-mail. Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application.

Regards,

hey when did u get this email???today...

Blr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 November 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
File received at NDVO: 13 Feb 2015 (Through CaseReviewTeam as no AOR2), IP: 12 Sept 2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
jacob8 said:
Hi Members,
I have submitted my application on Sept 10th 2014. Now got an email from New Delhi for some missing documents. I need guidance on how to send the documents to New delhi, as it is not clearly mentioned in the email. I have the soft copy for the documents they are asking.Please find the mail below and suggest, if I have to send this in mail or email. And if it is is email, can i just reply to the mail from 'DELHIIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca' or is there any other email ID i have to include.

Dear Applicant:

- complete divorce petition and divorce order/judgment for your sponsor's previous marriage. (Please do not send another copy of the divorce certificate).

Regards,

My suggestion: Do following three to make sure they receive documents on time.

1. Send by New Delhi Case Specific Enquiry: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi

2. Reply to that email by attaching necessary documents with subject "URGENT".
CC to delhi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca, Delhi-immigration @ international.gc.ca, delhi @ international.gc.ca

3. Send the hard copy by Registred Post/Courier with a signed covering letter mentioning PA's Name, Client UCI, DOB, Passport Number and File Number, Print out of the Email you received. Write "Family Sponsorship (Spousal) additional Documents: File Number XXXXXXXXXX" on the envelope.

Make sure you include following details in all communications with NDVO:

Family Sponsorship (Spousal), Sponsor's Name, File Number, Principal Applicant's name-Client UCI-DOB-Passport Number-Email Address-Phone Number

manan1479

Feb 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Remeds request on 10 July 2015
Med's Done....
31-05-2014
Interview........
Waived..In Process
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
No, i didn't get any remedical request uptill now, and my file is in process from 1 july...which I just chkd today.

Blr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 November 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
manan1479 said:
No, i didn't get any remedical request uptill now, and my file is in process from 1 july...which I just chkd today.
Visa officer can extend medical validity 3 months if he believes that the applicant can land in that time period and they might have done that in your case.