10-05-2012; Re-med: 06/2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
brar.arsh said:
FAST is the word which is not there in NDVO's dictionary. They have a word called RANDOM on every page.

See my timeline, scorpionking's, tasirmohammad's, maplegal's, chitrajay's, HS123's.. You will get to see that we are June' July applicants and they are holding our passports for about 6 months now, making us helpless.

So it all depends on luck and no certainties when it comes to NDVO.

All the best for your case, shaayad FAST ho jaaye.. 8)
You're funny!! and SPOT ON!!
One of my theories is that the VOs go on leave and their pile of applicants just SIT there waiting!! :p

zenn

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
maplegal86 said:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Though we are lamenting our situation right now, we are better off than those who go to US as spouses on a H-4.

Just to give us some perspective (and count our blessings just a little): http://apusworld.com/blog/2009/04/amreekan-housewives-and-h4-issues/

At least we will be eligible for all the benefits that other PRs enjoy.

Hoping this week brings all of us our DMs and Passports!
So true! I was on a visit visa in Canada for 6 months after we got married... I loved every minute wiz him but would get BORED OUT OF MY MIND all day while he was at work... At the end of the day, despite the wait, we are getting a good deal...
Now all we have to do is hope that the wait ain't much longer...

kimmy87

Jan 13, 2013
New Delhi - 2012 applicants

HI am new to this form :)
Application applied :Dec 10th,2012
Sponsorship approved: Jan 14th,2013
File Transfer to NDVO :Jan 25th,2013 (sponsor got post saying that they send my file to NDVO on 25th,2013)
waiting fr PPR ????

may i knw wht is AOR???

addcited123

Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 22 2012
File Transfer...
may 11 2012
Med's Done....
jan 14 2012, remedical done on mar 11 2013
Interview........
feb 27 2013, inprocess from 27 feb 2013
Passport Req..
june 4 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on april 21 2013,received pp on april 27 2013
LANDED..........
Ontario on May 3 2013
Re: IMPORTANT, PLS HELP

abhat said:
Hey! They asked us the EXACT SAME THING. We also paid our RPRF back in June 2012, but they asked again to send the receipt. It took ten days to get the re-med request e-mail and my husband had his appointment yesterday, all good, and results will be printed for pick up on wednesday morning. At the interview after she said we were approved she said to send in the new meds, RPRF payment receipt, passport, and new PC for Nepal. The e-mail only requested the medical though. We're sending in everything they asked for in the interview of course just to be sure.

How did your interview go?

Hi abhat. Well my interview went really well. It lasted for almost 20 mins.
Mine is intercaste marriage without involving my husband's parents so the main concern of the VO was why didn't anybody from my spouse side attend the wedding. Rest of the questions were basic like regarding my husband's job,start time,finish time,salary ,siblings etc.
He didn't ask me a bit abt the trips that me and spouse had after marriage like they always ask.
The VO officer was a very kind and understanding person I would say. He understood our circumstances very well. At first he was sort of rude to me bt that's normal becoz they try to frighten us. But very soon he sounded quite polite.
At the end he said that we are approved bt he cant issue visa becoz my medical and pcc have expired and also they haven't received the receipt for RPRF.
My medical is supposed to be done next week. Pcc is also on final stage. When I get complete documents I am gonna mail them to nd soon.
So now we both are in the same situation. Hope it ends well for everyone.

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
kimmy87 said:
HI am new to this form :)
Application applied :Dec 10th,2012
Sponsorship approved: Jan 14th,2013
File Transfer to NDVO :Jan 25th,2013 (sponsor got post saying that they send my file to NDVO on 25th,2013)
waiting fr PPR ????

may i knw wht is AOR???
Hello Kimmy, I am in the same boat with similar timelines. AOR stands for "Acknowledgement of Receipt" It usually refers to the receipt of your Application at the CPC-M office or the NDVO (New Delhi Visa Office)

In your case, you could get an AOR from NDVO once they start processing your case.
If this helps, do RATE my reply.

kimmy87

Jan 13, 2013
hm82 said:
Hello Kimmy, I am in the same boat with similar timelines. AOR stands for "Acknowledgement of Receipt" It usually refers to the receipt of your Application at the CPC-M office or the NDVO (New Delhi Visa Office)

In your case, you could get an AOR from NDVO once they start processing your case.
If this helps, do RATE my reply.
thanks...fr sharing information...

vrajput

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Hi All,

Quick question about IMM5540E form.. Sponsor Questionnaire. At the end of the form it says "On a separate sheet of paper, provide any additional details of your current relationship that you believe would help to prove that your relationship is genuine and continuing"

I am really confused about this one. Am sponsoring my husband in India and he has already given all the details on his application form. Do I still need to attach extra sheet from my side?

Need you guys advice on what did you all do with this one ?

Many Many thanks
Vani

abhat

Aug 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Doc's Request.
02-28-2013 (re-med)
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-12
Interview........
18-02-13
Passport Req..
18-06-2012
vrajput said:
Hi All,

Quick question about IMM5540E form.. Sponsor Questionnaire. At the end of the form it says "On a separate sheet of paper, provide any additional details of your current relationship that you believe would help to prove that your relationship is genuine and continuing"

I am really confused about this one. Am sponsoring my husband in India and he has already given all the details on his application form. Do I still need to attach extra sheet from my side?

Many Many thanks
Vani

For this it is good to write a personal letter (either one together or two seperate) explaining your relationship from the very beginning. How you feel for eachother, why you're together, what you have in common, what makes your relationship work, why you wanted to be married, what you do together, trips you've been on, future plans, etc. It really helps because it shows you can write from your heart about your spouse and not just fill out basic forms and questions. Also if you have any issues such as one of you being from a different culture, caste, race, age gap, drastically different education levels, those kinds of things, it is best to also add a letter addressing how you handle these differences in your relationship. My husband and I are from different cultures/race and we wrote a lengthy letter together explaining what the issues actually were and how we handle them together. Our VO at the interview mentioned it and said it showed how much effort we put into our marriage.

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
vrajput said:
Hi All,

Many Many thanks
Vani

Hello Vani,

This question is a very important one in your PR application. It gives you a chance to explain the depth of relationship with your spouse.
I would strongly recommend to fill this up and describe the details which your partner (principal applicant) has explained in his questionnaire - just that this write-up will be from your point of view. Use this to describe your feelings and day to day experiences between you and your partner.

sep24.12

Mar 3, 2013
nabagataa said:
Check out this site. This is the govt's site for online submission of passport applications, be it fresh or re-issue. Go for tatkaal mode. No documents are required other than your original passport & its photocopy for showing & submission at the office. it"ll be really fast for u.

One of my office colleagues had got it done in tatkaal who's passport was expiring & he got it in 4 days.
thankyou nabagataa...
will definitely look into this as soon as possible. appreciate your help!

just got to know something i did not know..no country will give you visa, if your passport is not valid for at least six months....i was thinking as long as its not expired "yet"....

for everyone's info if they did not know this.. i just got to know from a consultant..why it takes long for some ppl after ppr is because the cic gets background checks done and they are done by a private company..and it depends on how long that private company takes. SO even after the passport is asked for, and then after the background check is done - depending on the company ndvo has hired, if the documents are all proper, thats when they issue the visa and hence some ppl's file is faster than others.. there are like 4-5 VO's in NDVO not more.. and the highest number of marriages are in the winter..the reason why months of processing have increased lately...

anyway i know most of u may this know already..i just wanted to share this info with ppl who didn't know this like myself..

just hope we get lucky and things get done without complications!

good luck all!

pgm

Oct 10, 2011
reachme1715 said:
Hi i have applied in december 2012
Med : 27 nov 12
App rec : 10 Dec 12
Sponsor approved : 3 jan 13
AOR : 27 Feb 13

AOR states that i should send my Passport to NVOD or do i have to wait for PPR..

AOR letter......
In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:
• Payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid.
• Submission of police clearance certificates for
time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted.
• Submission of original passport along with any
old expired passports for you and your accompanying family members. The picture in the
passport for a child under 6 years of age must have been taken within the last 3 years. The picture in the passport for a child between the ages of 7 and 18 must have been taken within the last 5 years.
*Please note that a request for your passport(s) at this time is not a guarantee of visa*
Hi
This is the passport request. Can you tell me like how you receive this thing by mail or by email? Because I also applied in december.

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
sep24.12 said:
thankyou nabagataa...
will definitely look into this as soon as possible. appreciate your help!

just got to know something i did not know..no country will give you visa, if your passport is not valid for at least six months....i was thinking as long as its not expired "yet"....

for everyone's info if they did not know this.. i just got to know from a consultant..why it takes long for some ppl after ppr is because the cic gets background checks done and they are done by a private company..and it depends on how long that private company takes. SO even after the passport is asked for, and then after the background check is done - depending on the company ndvo has hired, if the documents are all proper, thats when they issue the visa and hence some ppl's file is faster than others.. there are like 4-5 VO's in NDVO not more.. and the highest number of marriages are in the winter..the reason why months of processing have increased lately...

anyway i know most of u may this know already..i just wanted to share this info with ppl who didn't know this like myself..

just hope we get lucky and things get done without complications!

good luck all!
Thanks for sharing this info. This gives some perspective of how things work at NDVO.

wandering

Jan 31, 2013
wait not over even after dm

It's been more than 2 weeks of decision made and there is no passport from the high commission till now. It is very very frustrating. How long do i have to wait to get my passport back? Dam.

:(

HS123

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
I Don't understand what the hell is going on in ndvo ......
When are they going to clear pending june ,july cases.... our cases are very straight forward
what is the problem I don't under stand ......

Ppl who are applying now or yet the apply for spouse Visa ....please be clear that ndvo is uncertain noone can be sure abt how lon g it takes for the visa....its pure luck ....no thumb rule at all n more over u shld forget after applying ..........whenever they will feel like picking our files they will do so ...

I HAVE STARTED HATING PPL WHO ASK ME .....BETA VISA AA GYA.... :-[

zenn

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
HS123 said:
I Don't understand what the hell is going on in ndvo ......
When are they going to clear pending june ,july cases.... our cases are very straight forward
what is the problem I don't under stand ......

Ppl who are applying now or yet the apply for spouse Visa ....please be clear that ndvo is uncertain noone can be sure abt how lon g it takes for the visa....its pure luck ....no thumb rule at all n more over u shld forget after applying ..........whenever they will feel like picking our files they will do so ...

I HAVE STARTED HATING PPL WHO ASK ME .....BETA VISA AA GYA.... :-[
Hang in there buddy.. The end is (hopefully) near...