File Transfer...
26/10/2012
Passport Req..
14/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon inshaAllah
HNIC said:
Got DM on 11th. Received the PP with visa on 17th of Jan
Congrts..u waited for long long time...wish u hav great life ahead in Canada..:)

rupesh.gunapati

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
in Toronto downtown
Saag...Can you please add my timeline into sheet

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: NDVO
App. Filed.......: 31-07-2012
AOR Received.: 10-10-2012
File Transfer...: 31-10-2012
Med's Done....: 03-07-2012
Passport Req..: 02-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...: Waiting...
LANDED..........: To Toronto downtown

Thanks,

Rupesh

Angel.forever

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
First Medicals done Jan 2012 .. Re medicals done Feb 2013
Interview........
Aug 2012
Passport Req..
May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12 March .... PP rcvd 21st March
LANDED..........
Soon
@ HNIC

Congrates !!!!!!!!

One quick question pls ,, did u had to redo the medicals or u got an extension for it .. N till when is ur visa valid , I mean how many months ????

Thanx in advance :)

Angel.forever

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Aug 2012
Passport Req..
May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
@ HNIC ,

I read ur last few posts n got the answer to my question .

Thanx

addcited123

Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 22 2012
File Transfer...
may 11 2012
Med's Done....
jan 14 2012, remedical done on mar 11 2013
Interview........
feb 27 2013, inprocess from 27 feb 2013
Passport Req..
june 4 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on april 21 2013,received pp on april 27 2013
LANDED..........
Ontario on May 3 2013
scorpionking said:
@ addicted123,

I can understand your case that your spouse family were not involved in your marriage and also didn't accompany your spouse for joining the marriage in India as they were unhappy with the relationship just for the caste system.

In western countries caste system in marriage doesn't exist and nowadays in India also this system is totally going down, if man and a women loves each other and agrees for marriage or common law relationship then no one can interfere neither caste nor religion, Well one thing has to be said that may be visa officer may ask you in an interview that how many member accompanied along with your spouse visiting India from Canada and if you say just himself came alone then officer may ask why not parents, if not then what about brothers, sisters or at least friends? so you should try to explain about this caste system and the reason why no one haven't accompanied him to India and also try to take all your previous and after marriage communicated telephone bills, gift exchange receipts, Honeymoon photos, More marriage pictures,wedding card, marriage hall payment receipts, engagement photos, and what are the evidence of proofs of purchase during his(your spouse) stay in India every thing take along with you for an interview and may be he may ask you one more question that if you get visa and go to Canada then were do you both going to stay either with you both separately or with your spouse family together so the rest of the question are as usual as when, were and how did you meet, Bla Bla, Bla so don't worry take it easy and face the interview and sure you will get visa soon. :)
Well we have already attached previos telephone bills,chats ,emails,wedding and honeymoon pics,marriage hall payment reciept,jewelery bills and other bills ,wedding cards etc with my file.
Now for the interview I am planning to bring after marriage telephone bils,emails,money gram receipts,gift bills etc. I don't think that I need to bring the proofs that I have already attached right?
Yes u are right I sh be prepared abt the questions on caste system etc.
It was just his mother who had issue regarding caste. His dad and siblings had no issue with caste. But they all wanted us to wait but didn't tell how long. We have sort of lost trust in them. We didn't see any reason for waiting becoz they were not mentioning a specific month for marriage.
His siblings and dad were not strong enough to accompany him to india. So there was no point asking them. When he returned to canada his parents said that u can live separte with ur wife when she comes here. But now as the time passed they are the one who wish us to stay with them becoz after all they are indian parents and also my husband is their only son . Now we are married and they can't help it so they had to approve our relationship.
By the way thanks for the inspirational words for the interview.

javedtai

Oct 1, 2011
Hello Got Decision Made from directly Application Received and address changed On thursday waiting for Passport back with shiny Visa Stamp.. :D :D :D :D

Plz Reply me i'm confuse..
My police clearance certificate (PCC) is expired it's valid for 6 months only Can anybody tell me PCC is necessary at the time of landing..
and Is old PCC valid or i have to create new one from police station ?

iwonder

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Passport Req..
24-09-2012 (In process -13 Dec 2012)/ Decision Made 19 Jan 2013
No, you dont require PCC at the time of landing... You just need the documents which you will recieve.
For more details: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

javedtai said:
Hello Got Decision Made from directly Application Received and address changed On thursday waiting for Passport back with shiny Visa Stamp.. :D :D :D :D

My police clearance certificate (PCC) is expired it's valid for 6 months only Can anybody tell me PCC is necessary at the time of landing..

iwonder

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Passport Req..
24-09-2012 (In process -13 Dec 2012)/ Decision Made 19 Jan 2013
Congrats!
javedtai said:

Angel.forever

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Aug 2012
Passport Req..
May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
@ addicted123 ,

Don't worry at all , ur in laws not attending the marriage will not be an issue . My in laws were also not there , infact no one there from his side . The VO did question me about it , not once but again n again in different ways ... He also asked my husband the same questions separately . The VO after questioning my husband again called me n asked me the same question , I stuck to my answers , then he said u know ur husband has a different answers to all this . I said I don't know what he answered n why he answered , but what I'm saying is the truth ..

At one point he returned me my passport saying that I will not go ahead ,,, after that i never gave up . I kept talking n explaining ( thinking that nothing worse can happen as it is he is not accepting my case ) but after me talking for 10-15 mins , he slowly took my passports back n said u provide me with the requested documents n I will grant u the visa .... I could not believe my ears , but that was true because my husband was there to hear all this .

Pls don't get scared if initially he says no ,, talk very confidently . During the whole process I was noticing that he was seeing my body language ...

After coming out of the embassy I just hugged my husband on the street n cried ..

You will be ok .. God bless

Calgary2013

Jan 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
07-08-2012
Passport Req..
09-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
nikb said:
@ Calgary2013 : from the sheet i gather that you still have not received passport request ? is it true?
Yes.. we have not yet received any request for passport. It took considerable time for us to receive the AOR . We filed our application in August, but received a mail only in November middle that it is approved and the files are fwded to New Delhi.

kcanada19

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Interview........
21-01-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
IN PROCESS Jan 24 2013 and DECISION MADE Jan 25 2013
LANDED..........
waiting for passport and than Canada here i come :)
with the visa that is issued can we transit through london .... just wandering bc we might fly with british airways and have to transit at london.... are we allowed to transit from any country in Europe when going to canada...

ans what do we need to declare in immigration money and gold or only money?

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HNIC said:
Got DM on 11th. Received the PP with visa on 17th of Jan
As per your post.. you have applied the same i time i have applied for my wife, our processing time is the same.. you are just 10 days ahead to me,
Appliocation Received at CIC-M on 31st October 2011..

Same as you.. unnis bis ... on date..

The day is not so far now to get a shiny visa for my wife.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Angel.forever said:
@ addicted123 ,

Don't worry at all , ur in laws not attending the marriage will not be an issue . My in laws were also not there , infact no one there from his side . The VO did question me about it , not once but again n again in different ways ... He also asked my husband the same questions separately . The VO after questioning my husband again called me n asked me the same question , I stuck to my answers , then he said u know ur husband has a different answers to all this . I said I don't know what he answered n why he answered , but what I'm saying is the truth ..

At one point he returned me my passport saying that I will not go ahead ,,, after that i never gave up . I kept talking n explaining ( thinking that nothing worse can happen as it is he is not accepting my case ) but after me talking for 10-15 mins , he slowly took my passports back n said u provide me with the requested documents n I will grant u the visa .... I could not believe my ears , but that was true because my husband was there to hear all this .

Pls don't get scared if initially he says no ,, talk very confidently . During the whole process I was noticing that he was seeing my body language ...

After coming out of the embassy I just hugged my husband on the street n cried ..

You will be ok .. God bless

@addicted, they are more on to the genuinity of your marriage.. just keep yourself ready with answer.. you and wour answer should remain the same, they will twist you a lot, asking you a same questions again and again, as kindergarden kid.. keep one answer... if you do not anything Say, No. You think so but we have a genuine marriage, and we are looking forward to a progressive marriage life in canada.

Calgary2013

Jan 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
07-08-2012
Passport Req..
09-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
kcanada19 said:
with the visa that is issued can we transit through london .... just wandering bc we might fly with british airways and have to transit at london.... are we allowed to transit from any country in Europe when going to canada...

ans what do we need to declare in immigration money and gold or only money?
Yes you can travel by British Airways, transit at Heathrow. It is allowed.. you can also choose Luftansa, transit at Frankfurt. But the problem with Luftansa is they allow only 1 check-in baggage per person where as BA allows 2 :)

As for declaring stuffs.. I am not sure about the limit of money and gold that you can carry. But it is always better to declare it in India. I even declared my electronics items (PS3, Laptop etc) at Bangalore airport when travelling to Canada. This helps you when you are returning back from Canada.