20-06-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
20-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2012
CAPRWIFE said:
Though I haven't received my approval via email, agent confirmed me on the phone that I was approved yesterday. Hopefully, I see the update on ecas.

Happy to get onto Stage2 and will wait for PPR.
Hi Caprwife,

You might get your approval my email. it takes 2-3 days for the letter to reach you. keep an eye on ur mailbox..

nakash

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
brar.arsh said:
Yes I will inquire..

So if I dont send it by mail, someone comes from US and gives my passport to my parents.
They send it to CIC Delhi, then is it illegal again??
Is there any US law which restricts this?? Does anyone checks the passport in US if its with me or not?? If found without passport in US, will it affect me in any case??? ???
May be the experts on this forum will have a better idea on what to do. But to me, the option you are contemplating doesn't sound good either. Because when ND sends the stamped passport back to your parents, how are you going to get it back to the US? And even if you did (if say a friend traveling to the US brought it for you), the passport will not have entry and exit stamps for leaving India and entering the US after the Canadian Visa was stamped. So if you tried to enter Canada using Canadian visa on your passport from the United States, they might question how you managed to get the US *without* an entry stamp dated after the date when Canadian Visa was issued. But this is all my speculation. I can't really say 100% about what will actually happen. I just want to make you aware that it's just best to not break any rules as far as the matters of passport, visa, immigration etc are concerned, even if causes a little bit of inconvenience and money/time.

Perhaps, other people on this forum will have some better suggestions. I am no expert :).

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
nakash said:
May be the experts on this forum will have a better idea on what to do. But to me, the option you are contemplating doesn't sound good either. Because when ND sends the stamped passport back to your parents, how are you going to get it back to the US? And even if you did (if say a friend traveling to the US brought it for you), the passport will not have entry and exit stamps for leaving India and entering the US after the Canadian Visa was stamped. So if you tried to enter Canada using Canadian visa on your passport from the United States, they might question how you managed to get the US *without* an entry stamp dated after the date when Canadian Visa was issued. But this is all my speculation. I can't really say 100% about what will actually happen. I just want to make you aware that it's just best to not break any rules as far as the matters of passport, visa, immigration etc are concerned, even if causes a little bit of inconvenience and money/time.

Perhaps, other people on this forum will have some better suggestions. I am no expert :).
This is good point by Nakash. You can send and submit the passport via a friend and get it back from New Delhi via a friend again in Canada.

It is illegal to send the passport by mail outside of India.

It is not illegal to send passport via a representative who you trust. CIC will send the passport back to an Address in India only. So provide the address for the passport to be sent back to your parents or someone who can get you the passport back..

This is usually done in cases where the person who is sponsored is outside of India.

Be careful though, if CIC asks for an interview then the person who is sponsored has to travel to India and for that you would need your passport.

Usually, to avoid such situations/risk , ppl ask CIC to ask for the passport in the last stage (almost finalization) of the case later on.. aka a second PPR is requested when the passport is really needed for stamping.. thats when the person who is sponsored would make a trip down to India, submit the passport , rcv it back and then come to Canada...

I dont know much of your case, but just giving all the info i know.. I also know a case where they submitted the passport via frnd, got to back to parents in india from CIC office in ND and then got a frnd to bring back the passport to them in canada.. ( got luck for not having to go for an interview) -> its a tough choice..

RE-stamping of the passports... if you did not travel and there is no stamping however you submit your passport via mail and somebody like indian high commission complains then you can deal with that later...As nakash did..

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
nakash said:
the passport will not have entry and exit stamps for leaving India and entering the US after the Canadian Visa was stamped. So if you tried to enter Canada using Canadian visa on your passport from the United States, they might question how you managed to get the US *without* an entry stamp dated after the date when Canadian Visa was issued. But this is all my speculation.
You tell the Canadian folks at the border that you did not travel out of US. you sent the passport and got it back via a representative. CBSA will not care for the passport to have no entry exit stamp dates before and after issuance of the Canadian visa.. The problem you may face with the Indian high commission.
You have a entry stamp for US already as you be in US, and you will have an exit stamp from US border when you are leaving US to enter Canada... which is really when you traveled in / out of US.

CIC/CBSA/US Immigration wont care about the India passport as long you can proof you have/had proper docs/passport stamps when you entered/left US and Canada..

Its the India High Commission which sometimes and I say sometimes as there are lots of folks in Canada who submit passports to renewal of VISA/Study Permit/Work Permit etc for CIC to Canadian embassies in US and most of the time Indian high commission don't make a fuss of it.. they should know of such processes already.. but in case someone out of the blue moon decides to bug ( like they did to Nakash) you can always pay a fine/explain/ etc.. but thats after the fact...(you will only deal with Indian high commission when your passport expires )

If CIC/CBSA/US immigration folks cared for not having entry / exit stamps on a passport to which a visa was issued from a Canadian high commission in US then myself and many others would have faced issues.. but they don't care.. as they know this is done a lot of times.. as long as long you can proof you are a valid immigrant/visa/work permit holder and have not resided illegally in the respective country.

nakash

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
lalatata said:
You tell the Canadian folks at the border that you did not travel out of US. you sent the passport and got it back via a representative. CBSA will not care for the passport to have no entry exit stamp dates before and after issuance of the Canadian visa.. The problem you may face with the Indian high commission.
You have a entry stamp for US already as you be in US, and you will have an exit stamp from US border when you are leaving US to enter Canada... which is really when you traveled in / out of US.

CIC/CBSA/US Immigration wont care about the India passport as long you can proof you have/had proper docs/passport stamps when you entered/left US and Canada..

Its the India High Commission which sometimes and I say sometimes as there are lots of folks in Canada who submit passports to renewal of VISA/Study Permit/Work Permit etc for CIC to Canadian embassies in US and most of the time Indian high commission don't make a fuss of it.. they should know of such processes already.. but in case someone out of the blue moon decides to bug ( like they did to Nakash) you can always pay a fine/explain/ etc.. but thats after the fact...(you will only deal with Indian high commission when your passport expires )

If CIC/CBSA/US immigration folks cared for not having entry / exit stamps on a passport to which a visa was issued from a Canadian high commission in US then myself and many others would have faced issues.. but they don't care.. as they know this is done a lot of times.. as long as long you can proof you are a valid immigrant/visa/work permit holder and have not resided illegally in the respective country.
Very well explained, lalatata.

pinder123

May 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
03-09-2012
AOR Received.
26/06/2012
File Transfer...
26/06/2012
Med's Done....
10-02-2012
Interview........
29-10-2012
Passport Req..
13-07-2012
huh that' really strange why would it show canadian address....Mine shows my hubby's Indian address?
NO PPR YET for me :(
manorite said:
I am not sure if its just me, but when I log on with my wife's file number, it is showing Canadian address.
For most of the people who are waiting for PPR, it's showing Indian address. I am confused.

manorite

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
AOR Received.
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
20-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2012
pinder123 said:
huh that' really strange why would it show canadian address....Mine shows my hubby's Indian address?
NO PPR YET for me :(
It's says current mailing address and then its has the Canadian address.

For all who are waiting for PPR, Is there anyone for whom its showing Canadian address?

Thanks

fayou

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 19, 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 7, 2013
I got approved via letter, ecas says letter has been sent regarding the decision on July 9, 2012 and my spouse file says "Medical results have been received"

please update my profile, thanks

ashkhullar

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
File Transfer...
26-04-2012(by e-mail)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012 by mail, sent 17.05.2012,received by ND on 18th may ,(in process on 13th june 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 27-07-12
LANDED..........
in canada since 7th August 2012
hi friends
anyone got any updates or DM this week except apks, nakesh gwalyat .................

pinder123

May 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
03-09-2012
AOR Received.
26/06/2012
File Transfer...
26/06/2012
Med's Done....
10-02-2012
Interview........
29-10-2012
Passport Req..
13-07-2012
congrats fayou :D

fadil80

Oct 6, 2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
lalatata said:
Usually, to avoid such situations/risk , ppl ask CIC to ask for the passport in the last stage (almost finalization) of the case later on.. aka a second PPR is requested when the passport is really needed for stamping.. thats when the person who is sponsored would make a trip down to India, submit the passport , rcv it back and then come to Canada...
Hi lalatata,

I m in the same situation. When I received an email for passport request sometime in April 2012. I was not able to submit at that time, as I live and work in the UAE. So I requested by email and fax for sending passport request in the final stage of the application process. In May 2012, I received an email from CIC confirming that, they would send me another passport request (second PPR) in the final stage of the process.

The only problem they have mentioned that, the total processing time maybe bit longer. I don't know how long.

And when they send me the second passport request, I will plan a trip to India and submit my passport then.

Hope this information helps, for those people in same situation as mine.

I will keep you posted.

brar.arsh

Dec 22, 2010
London ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul-09-2012
AOR Received.
Sep-25-2012
File Transfer...
Sep-26-2012
Med's Done....
June-01-2012
Passport Req..
Oct-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process Apr-03-2013, DM Apr-12-2013
LANDED..........
May-18-2013
nakash said:

Thanks for ur reply mate, but if we send our passport through mail either we will not be having the entry exit stamps..
so the case is again the same..

lalatata said:

Thanks for the explanation bro..

lalatata said:
This is good point by Nakash. You can send and submit the passport via a friend and get it back from New Delhi via a friend again in Canada.

It is illegal to send the passport by mail outside of India.

It is not illegal to send passport via a representative who you trust. CIC will send the passport back to an Address in India only. So provide the address for the passport to be sent back to your parents or someone who can get you the passport back..

This is usually done in cases where the person who is sponsored is outside of India.

Be careful though, if CIC asks for an interview then the person who is sponsored has to travel to India and for that you would need your passport.

I dont know much of your case, but just giving all the info i know.. I also know a case where they submitted the passport via frnd, got to back to parents in india from CIC office in ND and then got a frnd to bring back the passport to them in canada.. ( got luck for not having to go for an interview) -> its a tough choice..

RE-stamping of the passports... if you did not travel and there is no stamping however you submit your passport via mail and somebody like indian high commission complains then you can deal with that later...As nakash did..
So do you/anyone knows how to request CIC to send the passport request at the end for stamping purposes only?? So that I can travel back to India for stamping and after stamping fly back to US??

fadil80

Oct 6, 2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
brar.arsh said:
So do you/anyone knows how to request CIC to send the passport request at the end for stamping purposes only?? So that I can travel back to India for stamping and after stamping fly back to US??
Hi brar.arsh,

As soon as you get Passport request, you can just send an email/fax to New Deihi Visa office explaining, why you are not able to submit your passport at this stage and request them to consider submitting at the final stage. And include a copy of Passport request which you receive from them.

Email : https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi
Fax: (+91-11) 4178-2031

Hope this helps.

brar.arsh

Dec 22, 2010
London ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul-09-2012
AOR Received.
Sep-25-2012
File Transfer...
Sep-26-2012
Med's Done....
June-01-2012
Passport Req..
Oct-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process Apr-03-2013, DM Apr-12-2013
LANDED..........
May-18-2013
fadil80 said:
Hi brar.arsh,

As soon as you get Passport request, you can just send an email/fax to New Deihi Visa explaining, why you are not able to submit your passport at this stage and request them to consider submitting at the final stage. And include a copy of Passport request which you receive from them.

Email : https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi
Fax: (+91-11) 4178-2031

Hope this helps.
Yes Definitely it helped.
Thanks alot
I request Mods/Admin to have a thanks button in the forum as well as support Tapatalk Application so that we can access through our phones easily.

And fadil80, in your timeline it shows that you have sent ur passport in April so when do you expect for DM??
And on average for how much time do they keep your passport??
Like I am soft engg and at anytime I need to fly to various countries, how can they keep your passport that long??