20-06-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
20-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2012
lalatata said:
Hey there, what is the add (indian mailing ) on the applicant side of things on ECAS? Is that accurate? If it is then you have nothing to worry about. MP saying that they have not done an initial review is ok. Folks sometimes dont get PPR till CHC ND sometimes is DONE everything and is ready to issue the VISA.

As long as you have the correct email id/mailing add you will be contacted before hand. Mostly it happens automatically but some times they dont ask for the passport till later in the process.

File number is already issued to you from CPC-M when they sent you the approval of sponsorship.
Hi lalatata....

my address on ecas is correct...and my email address is correct as well..... the reply from mp said that the file was received by new delhi....

sumitd

Apr 16, 2012
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-06-2012
Passport Req..
05-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-30-2012/ PP received on the 7th of September
LANDED..........
September 21-2012
lalatata said:
Hey there, what is the add (indian mailing ) on the applicant side of things on ECAS? Is that accurate? If it is then you have nothing to worry about. MP saying that they have not done an initial review is ok. Folks sometimes dont get PPR till CHC ND sometimes is DONE everything and is ready to issue the VISA.

As long as you have the correct email id/mailing add you will be contacted before hand. Mostly it happens automatically but some times they dont ask for the passport till later in the process.

File number is already issued to you from CPC-M when they sent you the approval of sponsorship.

Yeah, i guess the same hppnd with INDOCAN if u remember or have a look at the spreadsheet...he got his PPR after what 44 days i guess....

Lalatata..CPC-M assign a file number starting with B which is no where on the PPR request..

As the PPR shows a diff file number starting with F.

i didnt submit my medical with the main application, when i called CIC-M, again i am going back when my file got transferred to ND(JUNE 12), i was told to submit my wifez medical VIA case enquiry using the B letter file number...

but when my wife actually got the PPR..the B file number was no where on there..

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
sumitd said:
Yeah, i guess the same hppnd with INDOCAN if u remember or have a look at the spreadsheet...he got his PPR after what 44 days i guess....

Lalatata..CPC-M assign a file number starting with B which is no where on the PPR request..

As the PPR shows a diff file number starting with F.

i didnt submit my medical with the main application, when i called CIC-M, again i am going back when my file got transferred to ND(JUNE 12), i was told to submit my wifez medical VIA case enquiry using the B letter file number...

but when my wife actually got the PPR..the B file number was no where on there..
B number is usually on AOR. The File number itself start with an F. If you did not do a medical in advance then CPC M perhaps did not give you the file number with an F . Once you submitted the Medicals to ND, ND sent back the proper file number with an F.

Most of the times, folks submit the medical with the package to CPC M and hence CPC M is able to assign the File number with an F right away instead of giving an AOR with a B then a file number with an F.

The same happens when CPC M decides to send an AOR first (number with a B) then the approval (number with an F)

pb36l

Jun 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Forum Members,

I been through the all the discussions, have seen people having trouble with the ECas Message.

I am also among those who has a very confusing ecas.

I am sponsor presently on PR, sponsored my wife in new delhi.

I have following observations with Ecase, please share your views on this.

1) My(Which I got at the time of PR) and My wife's UCI(which i received with the AOR) is the same, I dont know its a coincidence or something else.

2) when I log in using UCI and my details(sponsors) which shows two addresses; current hone address as my Canada Address and Current mailing address as my India address and I have a problem in postal code in my Canada Address. So I when I tried to update it, I started having problems with my Indian address so I made Current Home and Mailing address as my Canadian Address. Moreover my case status is empty there i.e. no information is present there.

3) When I log in using my wifes details, it shows my Canadian address with no mistake in postal code. Its not showing my Indian address there.
and its showing application received and medical results received.

I tried to call CIC so many times but their line is always busy.

So is there anybody having similar, or have experienced similar problem in past??

sweet_person

Aug 6, 2012
I am anxiously waiting for PPR (almost 22 days now ). Anyway hope to get it soon. What is the address that one needs to send the passport to in ND? Most couriers doesn't accept the PO box addresses? What is most fastest and reliable (which courier) way to send the passport after request?

Thanks

bluewater

Jul 2, 2012
calgaryjatt said:
If you need to contact MP, then you have to contact Shory. See link below
http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Files/Parliamentarian.aspx?Item=d6291432-a929-439c-a56e-c47bda2d2095&Language=E

Calgaryjatt, I think it depends on which area you live. Please correct me if I am wrong. Shory is for NE region.

Sweet_Person:
You need to see the MP for your area.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
pb36l said:
Hi Forum Members,

I been through the all the discussions, have seen people having trouble with the ECas Message.

1) My(Which I got at the time of PR) and My wife's UCI(which i received with the AOR) is the same, I dont know its a coincidence or something else.

2) when I log in using UCI and my details(sponsors) which shows two addresses; current hone address as my Canada Address and Current mailing address as my India address and I have a problem in postal code in my Canada Address. So I when I tried to update it, I started having problems with my Indian address so I made Current Home and Mailing address as my Canadian Address. Moreover my case status is empty there i.e. no information is present there.

3) When I log in using my wifes details, it shows my Canadian address with no mistake in postal code. Its not showing my Indian address there.

So is there anybody having similar, or have experienced similar problem in past??
1. the UCI, you received with AOR is your UCI not your wife's. she will get her UCI from new delhi soon after file transfer to ND.
2. you need to update your address, there is an option for "change the address".
3. you need to update your wife's mailing address to Indian address, otherwise ND will send all correspondence to your Canadian address. you can change her address on ECAS also or send an email to ND explaining your situation.
good luck :)

bluewater

Jul 2, 2012
Does anybody know of any case where PPR was through snail mail and not email?

As far as I know its always through the email.

What I am worried is in my ecas the name of the State doesnt appear. Someone told me its same for all of us, but I am worried if they send the snail mail for PPR without State name ? its 22 days now after my approval and No PPR yet.

Thanks

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
manorite said:
congrats ashunandal.....that's really good news....looks like ur visa officer was very nice.....enjoy.....have a great life ahead...
thanks for your good wishes, manorite ;) hope you receive your PPR and DM soon
best of luck :)

neemann

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-June-2010
Doc's Request.
10-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Request
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
03-Nov-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Same here. I am in Canada and wife in India. When i use my UCI with my information, i see my Canada's address.

But when i use the file no. (starts with F), which i recd with AOR and when i put my wife's information, i still see Canada's address.

The advise i got here from Latalata is same to update that address to India's address or contact ND VO for that.

Even i am confused on that. Shall i update it then send the email to ND???? or just send an email to ND VO about that??? or just wait and hope that someone in Delhi office will notice this and correct this???

Really need advice from senior members on this one please.......
Also is it an error or this happens by default.
pb36l said:
Hi Forum Members,

neemann

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-June-2010
Doc's Request.
10-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Request
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
03-Nov-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Same here again. I am 19days and counting!!!! No news, i wish they send an email.......

bluewater said:
Does anybody know of any case where PPR was through snail mail and not email?

As far as I know its always through the email.

What I am worried is in my ecas the name of the State doesnt appear. Someone told me its same for all of us, but I am worried if they send the snail mail for PPR without State name ? its 22 days now after my approval and No PPR yet.

Thanks

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
neemann said:
Same here. I am in Canada and wife in India. When i use my UCI with my information, i see my Canada's address.

But when i use the file no. (starts with F), which i recd with AOR and when i put my wife's information, i still see Canada's address.

The advise i got here from Latalata is same to update that address to India's address or contact ND VO for that.

Even i am confused on that. Shall i update it then send the email to ND???? or just send an email to ND VO about that??? or just wait and hope that someone in Delhi office will notice this and correct this???

Really need advice from senior members on this one please.......
Also is it an error or this happens by default.
Use the client id of your wife to check her indian add

Changes to the applicant can be made by contacting ND VO by email if needed.

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
I will put this one more time to make it clear..

Please remember everyone at different times/part of the process appear to see various address on ECAS. So, it will not be the same for everyone.

Rule of thumb:

Sponsor - Use sponsor client id and details -> should see either Single In Canada Residential add or two different residential and mailing in canada addresses. If the add you see are incorrect then use change address application of CIC online and correct the sponsors add

Applicant - Use Applicant client id and details -> should see the mailing add of the applicant in INDIA. This add tends to not have the India STATE. ITS okay to not have that as long as rest is correct. If the add of the applicant in India is incorrect then EMAIL the CHC ND office and ask them to change the Applicants Address. You cannot use the CIC change of add link to change an add outside of CAnada.. so please email the CHC ND office..

Now, the confusion can happen, if folks start to mix and match the details of the person with the FILE Number. File number is applicable to BOTH(SPONSOR AND THE APPLICANT) at different times in the process and hence It can be problematic to check using the FILE number (starting with an F) This number may show Sponsor details near the sponsorship approval time from CPC M, but should really move on to show the Indian Add of the applicant when ND starts to work on the file.. I DO not recommend using the file number to check for the add.. It surely can be used for checking the status..

Client IDs are specific to the sponsor, so please use the client ids..

Then again, It is ECAS, it is problematic and it is known to have delays in showing the most accurate and or sometimes incorrect information. In any case, as long as the email/snail mail letter you are getting from CPC M or ND HC has the correct ADD, it should be fine.

I hope this clears all the doubts!

thomas_saint

Jun 15, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012
IELTS Request
NA
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2012
LANDED..........
Destination Toronto.. will be flying this month end..
Hi Friends,

When I checked my ECAS with the File number starting with F, the current address is my Lawyers Canadian address..

Do I have to change that to my Indian address?

I am the applicant and my wife is the sponsor...

Jul 7, 2012
does anybody know if they mail the ppr how long does it take to get the letter in mail? our idiot lawyer didn't put my wife's email address in the application. would i get an email? can i check the process online and maybe it'll say something like ppr sent?

should i email cic nd to tell them my wife's email address?
help is appreciated.