July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
pjmin said:
Thanks, that makes sense, if you're a PR holder you can not leave the country for long periods of a time. My cousins a citizen, so I hope it doesn't effect his application.
yes he will be fine, citizen can stay anywhere, anytime ;) my wife is living with me, outside of canada for last 18 months. we spent 6 months in UK - 2 months in India - 2 months in UK and again 6 months in India and recently we got DM. :)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
lalatata said:
Hey All! I would like you to do a small favor and let me know what you see

Go to this link - this is the link from CIC to See/Change Address for the SPONSOR in CANADA

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=coa

Put in the Sponsor details and see if the Residential Add and the Mailing add are visible ( this should be the sponsor's add in both ) Most of the time folks have the same residential and mailing add so it be the same ...

I would like to know if everyone see both fields FILLED (OLD ADD) and blank for new add

DONT change your add, just check, this how one can confirm that CIC have the correct add on file...

Please let me know if you see both or just one ( I SEE only Residential ADDRESS ( OLD) )

I will appreciate if some of you could do this..

Cheers!
i checked and only old mailing address is there, all other fields are blank (old and new home address and new mailing address)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
kanika.382 said:
Congrats dear...hope so we all rest of the members also get DM soon now @ @ @
thanks kanika, you all will get DM soon too
best of luck :)

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
ashunandal said:
i checked and only old mailing address is there, all other fields are blank (old and new home address and new mailing address)
OK so only one of them(OLD) is filed. The other one is empty... same here the only thing diff for me is I see my residential add filed(old).

Residential new and mailing new will always be empty as thats what we are supposed to fill if we would like to change...

Can more folks confirm the same please?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
lalatata said:
OK so only one of them(OLD) is filed. The other one is empty... same here the only thing diff for me is I see my residential add filed(old).

Residential new and mailing new will always be empty as thats what we are supposed to fill if we would like to change...

i think its just because our residential and mailing addresses are same. is there any option to check addresses for applicant, i think getting canadian address on applicant's ECAS will be last step ;)

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
ashunandal said:
You checked for SPONSOR correct? We can see the same for Applicant by putting Applicants cliend id and information for that I see the Indian Mailing Add (old) as filled rest all empty..

for me

login with sponsor details(client id) - I see Residential add (old) filled in Canada

login with Applicant details(client id) - I see Mailling add (old) filled in India ( YOU CANNOT CHANGE APPLICANT ADD using this system, only for viewing)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
lalatata said:

i checked for applicant and found same, only old mailing address but they said

Below is your old home address that we have on file. Enter your new Canadian home address.
(If the Old Home Address fields are blank, we do not have your address on file. Please enter your current home address under New Home Address).

do you think, we need to provide them our old home address ?? ???

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
ashunandal said:
i think its just because our residential and mailing addresses are same. is there any option to check addresses for applicant, i think getting canadian address on applicant's ECAS will be last step ;)
haha I just responded to you applicant question before i read ur question :p

Yeah, I would think the same.. its only one of them as they both are the same..I just wanted a few folks to confirm the same..

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
lalatata said:

Yeah, I would think the same.. its only one of them as they both are the same..I just wanted a few folks to confirm the same..
No you cannot change the APPLICANT ADD on this system. Its only for viewing.

The option you are talking about is for folks who are about to land and have not given any add at the time of landing for the PR card to come. Applicants are asked to go to this link specifically at the time of landing ..till then you cannot use it to provide CANADIAN ADD for the applicant. The applicant is supposed to get the city,province of the sponsor to start things with and when they land usually the officer ask for a canadian add from the applicant so they they can send the PR CARD to that add.. sometime (brand new immigrants) do not have an add at the time of landing, in those cases they ask the new immigrants (after landing) to go to this link and provide the new canadian add so that they can send the PR card.

Till the file is in NEW delhi, do not use this link to change add for Applicant. Contact the ND office directly using there email/system if you want to change the INDIAN add...

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
lalatata said:

ok im going to provide them new home address for sponsor, i hope it will work :)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
lalatata said:
No you cannot change the APPLICANT ADD on this system. Its only for viewing.

The option you are talking about is for folks who are about to land and have not given any add at the time of landing for the PR card to come. Applicants are asked to go to this link specifically at the time of landing ..till then you cannot use it to provide CANADIAN ADD for the applicant. The applicant is supposed to get the city,province of the sponsor to start things with and when they land usually the officer ask for a canadian add from the applicant so they they can send the PR CARD to that add.. sometime (brand new immigrants) do not have an add at the time of landing, in those cases they ask the new immigrants (after landing) to go to this link and provide the new canadian add so that they can send the PR card.

Till the file is in NEW delhi, do not use this link to change add for Applicant. Contact the ND office directly using there email/system if you want to change the INDIAN add...
ohh im talking about updating sponsor's residential address not for applicant, i think they will update for applicant automatically. they didnt update yet becuase they dont have sponsor's home address in their files. what do you think??

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
ashunandal said:
ohh im talking about updating sponsor's residential address not for applicant, i think they will update for applicant automatically. they didnt update yet becuase they dont have sponsor's home address in their files. what do you think??
No I would not think that at this point. lets wait to see other folks, if this is how it is for everyone then there is nothing wrong.

Mailing add is usually the same as residential add.

what do you see on ECAS when you loging using sponsor details.. under "Your current home address"

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
lalatata said:
No I would not think that at this point. lets wait to see other folks, if this is how it is for everyone then there is nothing wrong.

Mailing add is usually the same as residential add.

what do you see on ECAS when you loging using sponsor details.. under "Your current home address"
OHH I GOT IT NOW, ACTUALLY we sent our application from UK and gave our UK address as residential address for both of us. i think i need to update that address for sponsor

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
ashunandal said:
OHH I GOT IT NOW, ACTUALLY we sent our application from UK and gave our UK address as residential address for both of us. i think i need to update that address for sponsor
So you had sponsor add from UK on ECAS? yeah you should change that to a canadian add i think.

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
lalatata said:
So you had sponsor add from UK on ECAS? yeah you should change that to a canadian add i think.
I am calling CIC tomorrow to see if seeing only one of the two add for sponsor is a problem or not. rest ppl, let me know do you see both section filled (mailing and residential) for the sponsor in Canada or just one....