+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New comer - Landing procedue

Aug 25, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am an Indian citizen and have recently got a Canadian PR and wanted to know what will be the landing procedure in Canada.

For example:

1. Funding
2. Do I need any kind of clearance?
3. Do I need to fill up any forms?
4. What documents should I carry with me?

Kindly advise.

Thank you

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

I am an Indian citizen and have recently got a Canadian PR and wanted to know what will be the landing procedure in Canada.

For example:

1. Funding
2. Do I need any kind of clearance?
3. Do I need to fill up any forms?
4. What documents should I carry with me?

Kindly advise.

Thank you
1.You may be asked to show you have the funds for settlement. It can either be in cash, or bank statements to show you have access to them.
2.Not sure what you mean by clearance, but make sure you have all the necessary visas for your travel itinerary.
3.You need to do your list of goods to follow if you're planning on bringing stuff with you later in Canada. If not, then no need. Forms B186 and B186A.
4.CoPR, Passport, B186/B186A Forms, Bank Statements, and have an address ready to provide for PR Card. That's it.

My landing experience in Toronto if you wanna know more.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landing-experience-in-yyz-toronto-pearson-intl-april-2019.625378/

Aug 25, 2017
Thanks, Peacekeeper.

1. Can I show the proof of funding from my Indian Bank account to an immigration officer? I am planning to transfer my money from Indian account (HDFC / ICICI Bank) to Canadian Bank account once I opened the Canadian Bank account.

2. I will be landing in Toronto on Saturday, so I will have to collect my SIN from a service center on Monday (Thanks for sharing your experience with me). So, I've got a question regarding currency conversion, If I am carrying the Indian currency in Canada to get converted into the Canadian Dollar on the airport (I want to do it just for fun, it would be a small amount...most likely 15,000 or so), can I do it on Saturday (asking since it's a weekend)?

3. Last time when I had posted a thread, I wanted to know if I need to provide any kind of security clearance. I work as a financial analyst in an investment bank and handle some sensitive client information.

Thank you

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks, Peacekeeper.

1. Can I show the proof of funding from my Indian Bank account to an immigration officer? I am planning to transfer my money from Indian account (HDFC / ICICI Bank) to Canadian Bank account once I opened the Canadian Bank account.

2. I will be landing in Toronto on Saturday, so I will have to collect my SIN from a service center on Monday (Thanks for sharing your experience with me). So, I've got a question regarding currency conversion, If I am carrying the Indian currency in Canada to get converted into the Canadian Dollar on the airport (I want to do it just for fun, it would be a small amount...most likely 15,000 or so), can I do it on Saturday (asking since it's a weekend)?

3. Last time when I had posted a thread, I wanted to know if I need to provide any kind of security clearance. I work as a financial analyst in an investment bank and handle some sensitive client information.

Thank you
1. In the unlikely event that you'll be asked to show statements, yes you can show Indian bank statements .
2.Yes you can. They are open most of the time. Do check that your currency can be freely converted abroad. Not all currencies are traded.
3.No you don't. All the proof and evidence will have been provided to IRCC during your application. So as long as you're approved and have your CoPR and visa, that's all you really need.

lavemanv10

Jun 15, 2018
Hi Peacekeeper and other members..I have few queries regarding GTA and GTF List (Goods to accompany and Goods to Follow List)...Can someone please calrify?

1. Is the picture only a requirement for Jewellery and other valuable items or it is necessary in case the goods in other categories also are valuable (for eg : If we declare clothing and personal effect worth 2000 CAD and Medicines worth 1000 CAD)..Pictures necessary in that case or only for Jewellery?

2. In the 8 rows for the Form B186, do we declare only broad categories like clothing, electronics and each item detailed (like 10 jeans and 10 shirts etc) in the excel sheet or only broad categories in 8 rows in Form B186 shall work?

3. For the Medicines, if we put the value as 2000 CAD as we might be taking certain kid related medicines and other OTC medicines and might bring later on as well. ..is that acceptable to customs officer that medicines worth 2000 CAD can be carried without any issue?. and also is it mandatory to carry all bills for medicines?

4. If we are planning to leave Canada in 12 days and will come back after 1 month or so..How are we supposed to make the GTA list as we will take all the stuff back and bring it back in our next visit or is it advisable to put all the stuff in the GTF list?

Last edited: