+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New CIC online Application temporary visitor visa

mac2000gh

Apr 7, 2010
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone got new information about CIC online TRV application? I have completed the application but I am yet to send it electronically. I am applying for myself (inside Canada) and my wife (outside Canada) in one application because after completing the questionnaire, I was given all the necessary forms and required documents to be submitted.
1. will the visa officers process both visas in Canada or outside Canada?
2. which processing time will apply (inside =94 days and outside Canada=7days)
2. I am not sure if I should state just one month stay for my wife application to enhance her chances of getting a visa or I should state the duration of my Post Graduate Work Permit which expires in 2015; my employment falls under O category.

Every reply will be appreciated. Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mac2000gh said:
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone got new information about CIC online TRV application? I have completed the application but I am yet to send it electronically. I am applying for myself (inside Canada) and my wife (outside Canada) in one application because after completing the questionnaire, I was given all the necessary forms and required documents to be submitted.
1. will the visa officers process both visas in Canada or outside Canada?
2. which processing time will apply (inside =94 days and outside Canada=7days)
2. I am not sure if I should state just one month stay for my wife application to enhance her chances of getting a visa or I should state the duration of my Post Graduate Work Permit which expires in 2015; my employment falls under O category.

Every reply will be appreciated. Thank you
1. You are confusing visitor permit extensions with TRVs in the processing time. You can only apply for a TRV to CPP-Ottawa if you are in Canada on a Study or Work permit. If you are, your application is sent to CPP-Ott. Your spouse would have file separately for a TRV overseas.
2. If you are not a Student/Work permit holder, then you both could apply together, but not to CPP-Ott.
3. Your spouse would need to submit a copy of your PGWP with her application.

mac2000gh

Apr 7, 2010
Thank you PMM.
Could you read more about the new e-app from CIC website? I tried to post the link here but it didn't allow me. just look for 'Operational Bulletin 486 - December 17, 2012' or 'Global Launch of Electronic Applications (e-Apps) for Temporary Residents'

mac2000gh

Apr 7, 2010
"With the deployment of the Global Case Management System (GCMS) Release 4.0 for e-Apps on December 15, 2012, applicants for Temporary Resident Visas, Visitor Extensions, Study and Work Permits, whether they are in Canada or abroad, will be able to submit their applications electronically. Applicants will be able to pay online, submit their applications online and upload their supporting documents. Applicants for other lines of business such as permanent residence, permanent resident travel documents and temporary resident permits, are not eligible to apply online at this time".

'E-Apps can support up to 6 family members in one MyCIC submission. Families of more than 6 persons should make two submissions or apply on paper'.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob486.asp

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mac2000gh said:
Thank you PMM.
Could you read more about the new e-app from CIC website? I tried to post the link here but it didn't allow me. just look for 'Operational Bulletin 486 - December 17, 2012' or 'Global Launch of Electronic Applications (e-Apps) for Temporary Residents'
It would appear from the OB that you can include your spouse in one application. Hopefully CIC will be able to sort it out, since she would have to send her passport to an overseas office, especially in those countries where it is illegal to mail passports in/out and you would have to send yours to CPP-Ott.

mac2000gh

Apr 7, 2010
my understanding is that the system is able to distribution applications to appropriate office around the globe. This means my application may be process in Canada since I am in Canada but spouse application may be process outside Canada.

Q: What happens if visa offices receive an unsolicited passport?

A: Applicants will be instructed during the processing of their application to NOT send in their passport until CIC requests them to send it in. Applicants will be instructed on the website where to send their passport and to print the letter instructing them to send it with their passport. Should a visa office receive an unsolicited passport, the passport should be returned to the applicant. The preferred method to return the passport will be for the client to prepay for the courier to send it back.

tatuka

Apr 1, 2014
hello I wanted to ask information for visitor visa from outside Canada I applied online and I have confermation of submit. I have the citizenship of Georgia but I live in Italy and I do not know if I should apply online or not and also some documents are in Italian because I thought that I would send embassy in Rome. Application state is open and now I'm interested if i can to apply paper for a visa in rome, or i must wait. thanks and sorry