Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Is anyone here applied under the new policy for the caregivers? Did you take CELPIP or IELTS? Thanks

keser1974

Dec 12, 2014
hi thats what I'm trying to do not sure if i have to get a job first though to apply for an open work permit help

Edson2013

Sep 6, 2014
FOR THE NEW RULE:

You need to take Canadian Language Benchmark Test and pass the level 5. That is different from IELTS and CELPIP.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Edson2013 said:
FOR THE NEW RULE:

You need to take Canadian Language Benchmark Test and pass the level 5. That is different from IELTS and CELPIP.
It's not actually. IELTS and CELPIP are the only tests accepted and the result is converted into CLB grades

Star Member
May 3, 2011
keser1974 said:
hi thats what I'm trying to do not sure if i have to get a job first though to apply for an open work permit help
The new program requirements is for applying for PR not for WP. There is no specific WP for the new caregiver program. Live in caregiver program (old program) and new caregiver program is completely different. There was WP for Live in caregiver program (LCP). Once you get LCP WP and work for two years or 3900 hours under LCP, you can get PR. However, the new program you need to get a regular WP which is Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP). After you work for two years and if you met the requirements of caregiver program, you can apply for PR. but CIC accepts only up to 5,500 applicants (plus family members) for PR per year. So if you worked for two year, you don't know you can get PR or not.

First thing you have to do is finding a employer (sponsor) for your WP. Next step is the employer apply for LMIA. http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/caregiver//index.shtml If your employer receive a letter confirming the approval of the LMIA application, you can apply for WP.

gingersnap

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
02020202 said:
The new program requirements is for applying for PR not for WP. There is no specific WP for the new caregiver program. Live in caregiver program (old program) and new caregiver program is completely different. There was WP for Live in caregiver program (LCP). Once you get LCP WP and work for two years or 3900 hours under LCP, you can get PR. However, the new program you need to get a regular WP which is Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP). After you work for two years and if you met the requirements of caregiver program, you can apply for PR. but CIC accepts only up to 5,500 applicants (plus family members) for PR per year. So if you worked for two year, you don't know you can get PR or not.

First thing you have to do is finding a employer (sponsor) for your WP. Next step is the employer apply for LMIA. http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/caregiver//index.shtml If your employer receive a letter confirming the approval of the LMIA application, you can apply for WP.
hi! i am working under live in caregiver program what if i want to change employer, would i be automatically under the new pathway or still under old rule since i entered canada under the live in caregiver program (old rule). thanks

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
How about if ur applying under the new caregiver program. Do u need ielts and celpip?

Star Member
May 3, 2011
gingersnap said:
hi! i am working under live in caregiver program what if i want to change employer, would i be automatically under the new pathway or still under old rule since i entered canada under the live in caregiver program (old rule). thanks
If you change employer, your future employer needs to apply for LMIA. After November 30, 2014 a positive LMIA is not accepted by CIC under the requirements of the LCP. So you will get a regular WP, but you won't be automatically under the new pathway. There is no specific WP for new program. You won't be under the new pathway until you apply for PR under the new pathway. If you will meet all new caregiver program requirements, you can apply for PR.

I recommend that you don't change employer.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
gingersnap said:
Hi, did your filed your application already for Pr? Thanks

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
gingersnap said:
yes, if you're have an LMO or LMIA issued before nov 30 2014, you have the option to file under the live in caregiver (old rule) or the new pathway. I will be filing this aug under the new pathway, how about you? Thanks.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
espasol said:
yes, if you're have an LMO or LMIA issued before nov 30 2014, you have the option to file under the live in caregiver (old rule) or the new pathway. I will be filing this aug under the new pathway, how about you? Thanks.
but if you change to a new employer, then you will apply for another LMIA and work permit, so you will fall under the new rule because your work permit will be temporary foreign worker permit and not anymore live in caregiver work permit, when you file for PR it will be under the new pathway.

Rasine

Jan 20, 2018
Hi can anyone share his/her experience applying for PR? I am currently live in caregiver program, planning to apply my PR next year as soon as i get my 2years..how’s the processing for the new pathway i heard need celpip or ielts?which one is better and easy? Thanks

Kryzsco89

Jan 11, 2018
Hi, I'm under new program and I landed here july2016 & it will expire on july2018. But I started my work in Aug2016. Im wondering if I could apply OWP w/out PR instead of applying for renewal of my LMIA and applying for EWP? Thanks

Dimdim03

Feb 2, 2018
Hi! I arrived June 17 2016 and my work permit expires on June 16 2018. My question is my employer took a vacation outside Canada for 3 weeks with me. Will that be an issue for applying for permanent residence? If not, do I apply for pr right away before my work permit Expires or do I have to apply for a new lmia? The thing is I won't be working as a caregiver anymore after my contract and would like a different job. Do I still need to have a new lmia? My current employer is not willing to apply and pay for a new lmia just for my pr application as they are not exempted on the new policy of lmia fees.