+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

new born Baby's PR

Material

Feb 16, 2011
kins4u2 said:
My wife and I received our passport back on 31st March 2011 with visa stamped. I'm so happy that no words to have express feelings. Visa has been granted till end of June (validity of medical)

On 4th April, We've baby girl born.

NEED ADVISE OR SUGGESTION:

Till PR visa has been issued, I've not told Buffalo / LA consulate regarding my wife pregnancy. Now I've baby born and visa received with CORP. In welcoming paper, they have mentioned that if any case family composition has been changed, you must inform us before leaving for canada. I was under impression that baby will have US citizenship so she will not have any issue.

In that matter, What should I do? and what will be the outcomes? Please advise seniors ASAP. Someone in this forum have as same case as I've? Visa has been granted till end of JUNE.

Thanks,
You would have to inform the visa office right away , since your app is finalised but you havent landed yet so Im assuming they may add her to your app but this will maybe need more time . You may be able to bring the child into Canada before processing is finalized as a visitor- because she is visa-exempt - but there are no guarantees. It will be up to the officer at the Canadian port of entry whether to allow her to enter - they could always refuse. But Im not sure if you can still use those visas

Good luck

kins4u2

Star Member
Mar 20, 2009
Hi rjessome,
If I inform them now, will they cancel my visa and start with new application? What will be their outcomes?
Thanks,

rjessome said:
Those visas are no longer valid as your family composition has changed. You need to advise the issuing visa post (Buffalo?) ASAP of the change in your family and apply to have your child added to your application. If you try to land without doing that, you are misrepresenting yourself to CIC and will NEVER be able to sponsor the child and may jeopardize your own PR.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should have told them that your wife was pregnant and asked them to wait with the visa until the baby was born, even if it would have meant having to repeat your medicals. They should have sent you something to that effect as they requested your passports.

The only thing you can do now is notify them immediately that you have a new born baby and ask them what to do. Landing without telling them would be misrepresentation and would mean that you could never sponsor your baby in the future and might even lose your own PR.

US citizens do not have the right to live in Canada without immigrating. Your baby can travel with you to Canada as a visitor but if you can not sponsor her, she would be illegal in Canada.

kins4u2

Star Member
Mar 20, 2009
Hi Leon, Thanks for advice.

I've been waiting for PR for almost 2 1/2 years. I don't want to loose this opportunity any case. If I would tell them now, I don't know what will be there reaction? Do you have any idea, does same thing happen to someone in past? Since you're most senior member in the group, you may know and understand situation.

Thanks,

Leon said:
You should have told them that your wife was pregnant and asked them to wait with the visa until the baby was born, even if it would have meant having to repeat your medicals. They should have sent you something to that effect as they requested your passports.

The only thing you can do now is notify them immediately that you have a new born baby and ask them what to do. Landing without telling them would be misrepresentation and would mean that you could never sponsor your baby in the future and might even lose your own PR.

US citizens do not have the right to live in Canada without immigrating. Your baby can travel with you to Canada as a visitor but if you can not sponsor her, she would be illegal in Canada.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kins4u2 said:
Hi Leon, Thanks for advice.

I've been waiting for PR for almost 2 1/2 years. I don't want to loose this opportunity any case. If I would tell them now, I don't know what will be there reaction? Do you have any idea, does same thing happen to someone in past? Since you're most senior member in the group, you may know and understand situation.

Thanks,
You don't really have that much of a choice, you need to tell them now.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baloo is right, you have no choice but to inform them. According to the manual ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf section 7.7 on page 40 ) , you are supposed to be able to add a dependent as long as you have not landed but I remember a recent case (can however not find that post at the moment) where a couple in a similar situation was told to apply from scratch based on not having read the information sent to them for the PPR. They had sent the passports in 2 weeks before the baby was born and then took some time to receive the visa before they decided to notify Buffalo about the baby. I have not seen them come back to say if they tried to appeal that or what.

In any case, notify them asap that you have a new baby and want to add it to your application, you should also ask if you can re-do your medicals so they will not expire before the baby has been added to your file. Your PR visas are now invalid because you have a new family member. If you use them, you will have gained your PR based on misrepresentation which means you will be looking over your shoulder for the next umpteen years and your child will be illegal in Canada. Not a very bright future if you try to do that.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
aam08 said:
Hi,

My wife and I got our PR on 4th September, 2010 and we came back to our home country on 8th Oct,2010. We are expecting a baby in February. Could you please guide me what would be the status of our baby's Visa as we are PR of Canada.

Do we need to do all the PR process for the baby and how much time does it take get the baby's PR.

Secondly if we move now to Canada NOW and if baby is born in Canada, what is baby's VISA status then.

I think we might not be covered by health insurance, if we move to Canada now.

/aam
I have an idea. Do you have a Canadian health card from the province where you reside in Canada?
If the baby is born in Canada he/she is Canadian and will receive a health card almost immediately after birth(at least thats what happens in quebec)
If you have a canadian health card from your province come back to Canada and have the baby in canada, i don't think you need the 3 month period wait because you have been a resident for much more than that even if you were not in the country all this time. just don't mention that you were away for so long. in quebec legally you have to reside 183 days in a solar year(from januray to december) to get health coverage and yes there is a 3 month waiting period for most of the classes but they give you health assistance unless you tell them that you were away for more than that. of course if later they enquire and they discovered this they could bill you for the cures received...do you already have a health card? if you dont come to canada and get one. february is still time away.....if you want your kid to be born outside of Canada then it is another story. where are you from?

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Inlandappl said:
I have an idea. Do you have a Canadian health card from the province where you reside in Canada?
If the baby is born in Canada he/she is Canadian and will receive a health card almost immediately after birth(at least thats what happens in quebec)
If you have a canadian health card from your province come back to Canada and have the baby in canada, i don't think you need the 3 month period wait because you have been a resident for much more than that even if you were not in the country all this time. just don't mention that you were away for so long. in quebec legally you have to reside 183 days in a solar year(from januray to december) to get health coverage and yes there is a 3 month waiting period for most of the classes but they give you health assistance unless you tell them that you were away for more than that. of course if later they enquire and they discovered this they could bill you for the cures received...do you already have a health card? if you dont come to canada and get one. february is still time away.....if you want your kid to be born outside of Canada then it is another story. where are you from?
Hate to tell you this but the baby was born two months ago !! :) :) :) LOL

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Material said:
sorry i didn't realize it was an old post ::)!! well congratulations for the baby to the parents then!!!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It happens a lot and I guarantee will not be the last old post that gets a reply :)

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[glow=RED,2,300]145+ Days & counting... since Med's[/glow][br]
LANDED..........
Not Yet, but <br>Expected Date.: inshallah very soon!!!
This was the funniest thing happened on this forums!!!!

DNT2003

Material said:

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
I did notice that this was an old thread before responding, but I did learn one item that might help future parents understand health coverage for children.

We arrived in early January. In preparation for the three month waiting period to expire, I submitted applications for OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance) at the end of Febuary. To my happy surprise, I was given an insurance number for my son immediately. It seems that the children of citizens are eligible for health insurance as soon as they arrive (I asked the age limit and IIRC it was something like 16). I don't know if this applies to families with no citizen parents. It's worth a call to Service Ontario, I reckon.

(This may well apply to OP if we ever hear from them again....) 8^)

rayan123

Jan 30, 2009
I too along with my wife and son landed in toronto, canada on 25 september 2008, soon after a month I left canada and went back to the origin where i came from as i had a permanent job and then in September 2009, i got my new baby (second child) and i applied for his PR in september 2010, since then I have no information from immigration. my case is handled by a counsel in canada and he says that by the time (sep 2011) when i will return back to canada, before that i will get my new baby PR. is it true. I am paying the counsel 500 dollars for his job. pls advise.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayan123 said:
I too along with my wife and son landed in toronto, canada on 25 september 2008, soon after a month I left canada and went back to the origin where i came from as i had a permanent job and then in September 2009, i got my new baby (second child) and i applied for his PR in september 2010, since then I have no information from immigration. my case is handled by a counsel in canada and he says that by the time (sep 2011) when i will return back to canada, before that i will get my new baby PR. is it true. I am paying the counsel 500 dollars for his job. pls advise.
As a PR, you can not sponsor when you yourself are living outside Canada. This is a headache for all PR's from visa exempt countries that have babies outside Canada. You can not sponsor from outside so you want to take the baby with you to Canada and sponsor from inside. Then you apply for a TRV for the baby, may be denied because your intention is for the baby to live in Canada, not stay temporarily. Maybe you can get a TRP for the baby, a special permit for people who are generally inadmissible for a TRV but have good reason to be in Canada anyway. If you can't get that either, your only choice is to leave the family behind and go to Canada to sponsor by yourself. If you and your family are tight on the residency requirements, that could mean that your wife and other child will have lost their PR by the time you are ready to go back. That is why it is a headache. I do not know what your council is planning to do. There is no way for a PR to sponsor the baby while not living in Canada. Your council can try to fake the paperwork but when immigration finds out you are not in Canada, they will deny.

If you want to finish a work contract where you are, you could send your wife to Canada earlier with the older child and you keep the baby with you. Your wife could sponsor the baby and hopefully you would have it through before you want to go yourself. You can also ask the embassy where you are if it is possible to get a TRV or TRP for the baby.