+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need your help....

gr8tpretender

Aug 2, 2008
i will be submitting my application in person at the canadian embassy, i am not in my home country.. my thinking was.. is there any possibilities that my WP application will be denied because i don't have any strong ties to my home country... my kids is with me. my job is under noc b and qualified for PNP...

gr8tpretender

Aug 2, 2008
work permit dates...

hi i have any question to ask....
based on my written contract with my employer my employment will start from the day i will show up to the company (i just got my lmo from them). and the duration is for one year based on the LMO. and the opinion expiracy is 6months (march 2010)
here is my inquiry to you please give me input please..
can i put the exact date on my application the date i wanted to go to canada.
or from what i gather here in the forum... i will put asap on my application and go to canada on march 2010 since at the poe they will give the papers to me...

please give me some advice on this... thanks you very much...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Re: work permit dates...

gr8tpretender said:
hi i have any question to ask....
based on my written contract with my employer my employment will start from the day i will show up to the company (i just got my lmo from them). and the duration is for one year based on the LMO. and the opinion expiracy is 6months (march 2010)
here is my inquiry to you please give me input please..
can i put the exact date on my application the date i wanted to go to canada.
or from what i gather here in the forum... i will put asap on my application and go to canada on march 2010 since at the poe they will give the papers to me...

please give me some advice on this... thanks you very much...
Since you don't know when your work permit will be approved, when you'll reach Canada etc, ASAP would be the appropriate entry for the start date of your employment, and after x years for the finish date.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
gr8tpretender said:
hi job_seeker, since my kids are with my application, are they going to have a medical too! tnx
Hmmm. since you're applying for a WP, I am not really sure if your kids will undergo medicals. Sometimes medicals may not be needed. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/work/work-faq12.asp Anyway, if you'll need medicals, then the Visa Officer at the embassy where you'll be submitting your application will give you the forms that you'll need to present to a DMP.

gr8tpretender

Aug 2, 2008
thanks again,
i have a follow up question, since i need a medical exam, who will forward the result to the embassy and you think how long it would be...

thanks again for any information.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
gr8tpretender said:
thanks again,
i have a follow up question, since i need a medical exam, who will forward the result to the embassy and you think how long it would be...

thanks again for any information.
The DMP will forward the results. Anyway the DMP will give you an acknowledgment letter as proof you have been for medicals. As to how soon the DMP forwards it I am not sure.

gr8tpretender

Aug 2, 2008
please give me some input about this concern i have...
i am on the process of getting a work permit, and on my LMO there is a timeframe, let say i go beyond my LMO timeframe and my work permit still on process what i must suppose to do....
thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
gr8tpretender said:
please give me some input about this concern i have...
i am on the process of getting a work permit, and on my LMO there is a timeframe, let say i go beyond my LMO timeframe and my work permit still on process what i must suppose to do....
thanks
As long as the job offer is valid and you have applied for your Work Permit before the expiration of your Labour Market Opinion, and you qualify for the job being offered, (barring other factors, e.g. ties with your country of origin, etc.), you're okay.