+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need your advice!!!

LOVEUKYLE25

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
need your advice!!! my open work permit will expire this coming Oct. 6, I just got PPR this August 17 together with my dependents who are in the Philippines right now..My question is can I land with my open work permit already expired? coz I'm planning to get my family and land together in November...

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need a work permit to 'land' but if you are in Canada you need some status and you should stop working. :(

LOVEUKYLE25

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
thanks for your reply.. :) so I just need a visa to land? I'm planning to go home on third week of October and be back in Canada in November to land together with my family and by that time my open work permit has already expired..

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes, passport/visa/CoPR. You may be asked what your status was when you left Canada and if you worked after your work permit expired. Just be prepared with an answer. Congrats on your PR!

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
LOVEUKYLE25 said:
need your advice!!! my open work permit will expire this coming Oct. 6, I just got PPR this August 17 together with my dependents who are in the Philippines right now..My question is can I land with my open work permit already expired? coz I'm planning to get my family and land together in November...
My suggestion is to leave before your work permit expires and return with your family, that way there will be less complications and a clean case. Otherwise you maybe asked to explain why you overstayed beyond your work permit expiry.

LOVEUKYLE25

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
cartwright said:
My suggestion is to leave before your work permit expires and return with your family, that way there will be less complications and a clean case. Otherwise you maybe asked to explain why you overstayed beyond your work permit expiry.
so you suggest that I should leave before Oct. 6 and return with my family to land on November... Is that ok?