+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need your advice

dxb2canada

Aug 28, 2008
I had applied for an immigrant visa in 2005. I had recd a letter in 2007 to send updated details which I did. I hadn’t heard from them eversince. In may 08 I had a baby and send his birth certificate etc. in sept 08 , I happened to chk the website and noticed there was an update showing decision made. My consultant told me it is nothing, I will probably get a letter from them to update details, so I waited . this month , I went on the website and sent a query to the immigration officials and they replied saying they had sent me a letter in feb 08 to update my details , which I did not receive and hence didn’t send them any update. Now they say since they did not hear from me, my case is closed and rejected. On reading the email, I noticed that they had sent the letter to a wrong post box number in the uae, and hence I hadn’t received the letter . please advice what I shld do ?

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
i think you shud recheck the permanent adress which you provided them and then if its rite n they sent it at some rong address then thats their fault n for this i guess youll hav to send an application to your local cic office complaining about this... they'll help you furthur..... its better to consult a lawyer for this....

KGB

Nov 15, 2008
I am a law student and you might have a case against your lawyer for professional mal practice for his advise “to do nothing” when you received notification that the decision had been made. I agree see a lawyer…

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
well dx,very sorry to hear tht.I think this thing shows sheer negligence of your IMMIGRATION LAWYER when u had paid money to him so tht the process shd run smoothly,why didnt he follow up the case in 2008 when u send ur docs.in 2007 as it normally takes 6 mnths for CIC to respond.I will highly recommend u to hire a genuine n competent lawyer ,who can prove the mistake of CIC.I m not sure abt the fate of ur application but if u r still interested in Canadian Immigration n spending some more money ,why not give it a try.all my best wishes r for u. Good Luck this time.

dxb2canada

Aug 28, 2008
i have asked my immigration agent to make a case to reopn my file howeve they do not sound interested at all .. can i cancel this agent and try my case thru another lawyer

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Obviously! u shd ve done it before.Get rid of tht non professional one n try to get a reputed ,professional lawyer if possible hire a one who has got previous knowledge of successful appealing.U ve got a genuine reason but u need a competent lawyer to prove it.Take help of the forum members n post a question abt a Good immigration lawyer.I hope u ll be able to find one.good luck once again.

ghiaskhan

dxb2canada said:
i have asked my immigration agent to make a case to reopn my file howeve they do not sound interested at all .. can i cancel this agent and try my case thru another lawyer

You must have spent a lot by getting the sevices of an agent. Well they have grabed what they could ! .Surely they feel the cannot extract more cream. If you can read write and understand "English", do it yourself. If you donot feel confident get services of a qualified lawyer registered to practise in this profession. Vist the lawyers office, see for your self his status,say what you have to say and listen to what he says. If you feel he is capable of serving you, hire his services after an agreement about his fees and detail of the work he will do it for you. Donot get traped by unqualified "Thugs"