+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Urgent Information on details of sending passport

subhrnsupani

Mar 27, 2013
Myself and My wife are currently resident of California, USA. We have applied for Canada Visitor VISA online. We were asked to send the passports. Wanted few clarification on the same.

1- Do I need to send my old passport or just the current passport. My current passport doesn't have any travel history all travel history is present in the old passport. We have Indian Passports.

2- Because we applied together, can we both send our passport in one envelope or do we need to send two different envelopes

3- Also I am assuming I need to send it to LA consulate right??

I have to travel on Apr 18th so cant afford to do any mistake at this point. Your guidance is very much appreciated.

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
1) On the website it says that they require the current passport, so send that one, the VO already reviewed your application.

2) Not sure, lets wait for another member to comment on this.

3) Seems the most logical, so yes

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
2. Send them in one envelope (you applied together)
3. Send to visa office that requested it - should be stated in your instructions you received.

subhrnsupani

Mar 27, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
2. Send them in one envelope (you applied together)
3. Send to visa office that requested it - should be stated in your instructions you received.
Thank you so much for respodnsing. There is no clear guidance on where to send. However This is how the letter reads. Please suggest

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport.
To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: www.cic.gc.ca/submit .
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The website you provided says,

"To determine where to send your passport, you will need to refer to the answers you provided to questions 7 and 9 on your application form with regards to your country of residence and your country of application. "

So refer to your answers the questions above and that should tell you which visa office.

subhrnsupani

Mar 27, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
The website you provided says,

"To determine where to send your passport, you will need to refer to the answers you provided to questions 7 and 9 on your application form with regards to your country of residence and your country of application. "

So refer to your answers the questions above and that should tell you which visa office.
Yes I did that. Since my for both Question 7 & 9 the answer is United States I clicked on the link provided for USA and it says Mail in address as A) New York B) Los Angeles. So I am guessing its upto me to pick which one.

jds2013

Apr 5, 2013
I got the same message. I believe you can send your passport to either LA or NYC. I am in the East coast, so I sent it to NYC. But I've been reading here that the LA office processing time is better. It seems like people get their passport back in 3-4 days.
I submitted mine to NYC last Tuesday, and still no answer

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017