+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*Need Urgent Guidance* : Shipping car from US to Canada

gnosticman

Sep 25, 2017
I need to ship my car from US to Canada and I'm stuck in a loop!

1. The financing / shipping company states that I need to have Canadian Auto insurance before providing me with a letter to ship the car from US to Canada.

2. The Canadian Auto Insurance says I need to have Canadian License and Registration to give me an insurance for which I and the car need to be IN the country.

Help!!

gnosticman

Sep 25, 2017
Actually for (1) - the requirement is from the financing company for providing a no-objection letter allowing the car to leave US.

gnosticman

Sep 25, 2017
This is the loop..

1) To ship the car, I need document from the Bank that financed it.
2) To get the document, I need Ontario car insurance in place.
3) To get the Ontario car insurance, I need to have Ontario registration and Ontario license.
4) To get the Ontario registration and license - I and my car need to be in Ontario physically.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
This is the loop..

1) To ship the car, I need document from the Bank that financed it.
2) To get the document, I need Ontario car insurance in place.
3) To get the Ontario car insurance, I need to have Ontario registration and Ontario license.
4) To get the Ontario registration and license - I and my car need to be in Ontario physically.

Can't you drive over? It may be a long drive but maybe the work around.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Can't you drive over? It may be a long drive but maybe the work around.
Main issue here is that Car financier wants Ontario car insurance before they release a No Objection Certificate to move car from USA to Canada. Car cannot be moved to Canada without Car financier permission as Car Title is still with Car financier.