+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Urgent Advice: UAE PCC on Old Passport

Neers

Jan 9, 2018
I have worked in UAE till April 2015 and then came back to India. In April 2017 I got new passport issued and I went to UAE again in May 2017 for 2 months, came back to India and went back to UAE in Dec 2017.

For Canada PR, I am getting the Dubai PCC mentioning my old passport and not the new one. My question is, will the Immigration consider this certificate as it has my Old passport ID and not the new one?

Neers

Jan 9, 2018
I have worked in UAE till April 2015 and then came back to India. In April 2017 I got new passport issued and I went to UAE again in May 2017 for 2 months, came back to India and went back to UAE in Dec 2017.

For Canada PR, I am getting the Dubai PCC mentioning my old passport and not the new one. My question is, will the Immigration consider this certificate as it has my Old passport ID and not the new one?

Can anyone please advice on this. Have to submit the doc by 16th Jan 2018.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Yes, that's fine. You can explain this in the letter of explanation and attach a copy of your old passport as well. Just make sure that the PCC covers all your visits to UAE up until your last visit in Dec. 2017. Good luck!

Reactions: fahad911

Neers

Jan 9, 2018
Yes, that's fine. You can explain this in the letter of explanation and attach a copy of your old passport as well. Just make sure that the PCC covers all your visits to UAE up until your last visit in Dec. 2017. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. This is how body of my PCC looks. Is this fine? The certificate has details like my name, passport number and issued date.

"General Department of Criminal Investigation certifies that the above mentioned
individual is of good conduct and behavior until the issuance date of this certificate.
This certificate is issued upon individual's request. The department is not liable towards any legal right of others"

Reactions: fahad911

Anoop85

Sep 7, 2019
Thanks for the reply. This is how body of my PCC looks. Is this fine? The certificate has details like my name, passport number and issued date.

"General Department of Criminal Investigation certifies that the above mentioned
individual is of good conduct and behavior until the issuance date of this certificate.
This certificate is issued upon individual's request. The department is not liable towards any legal right of others"
Could you update me wether cic accepted pcc with old passport number? I am in the same situation.

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
I am in the same situation too... Can you please help me out if cic accepted pcc with old passport number?
Yes it is acceptable. Just make sure you share the old passport in the passport documents section

tammy_z

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
I also recieved my police clearance certificate with the old passport number. Can someone share how they explained that in a letter to CIC?

m.chehab

Sep 25, 2021
I am in the same situation… Could you please update us whether ircc accepted PCC with old passport number? Or shall i contact Dubai police by email and request them to correct it for me?

m.chehab

Sep 25, 2021
Could you update me wether cic accepted pcc with old passport number? I am in the same situation.
any updates from your side? Im having the same situation now and im confused if i should email dubai police to correct it, or just upload my older passport along with it.