+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need urgent advice on Inland PR application process

sanpen

Jun 5, 2008
Hi,
I (an Indian) recently married my boyfriend who is a permanent resident of Canada in India. Now I am goin to Canada on a tourist visa and planning on doing the inland immigration process. Few questions:
1. Should I hire a lawyer? Pls give me an idea of how expensive it is? and any good reference of lawyers?
2. Also, is it better to hire a lawyer or a paid representative?
3. My husband is still studying. He lives with his parents and siblings in Canada. I know that if one is sponsoring a spouse one is exempt frm financial requirements? But how much does it weaken our case: the fact that he's still studying and I have left my job in India and going there without a job. Will his parents income help in showing proof of funds?
4. After I land in Canada and start the immigration process, how long before I can start working?
Anxiously waiting for replies......pls help

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Sanpen

1) There is no need to hire a lawyer - it costs a lot of money and does NOT speed up your case in any way. If your case is straightforward (which it appears to be) all you have to do is read the CIC application guides carefully, post any questions you may have here on the forum and you will be fine.

2) As above - waste of money.

3) Correct, there are no financial requirements for sponsoring a spouse and it does not weaken your case - many people are in the same situation so don't worry about that. As long as your husband is not on social assistance or bankrupt you will be fine (please note: student loans are not considered to be social assistance).

4) Impossible to answer accurately - you would need to submit an application for an Open Work Permit when you apply for PR. Mark that application as "not to be processed until AIP" (Approval in Principle = First Stage Approval). This is the first step in Inland PR and means that your husband has been approved to sponsor you and also that you are eligible to be sponsored (your relationship satisfies the requirements of the class under which you applied). This could take up to 6 months but it could be more or less than that too.

Hope that helps.

Princess2014

Jun 7, 2014
Urgent advise for inland applicant

Dear friends

On behalf my friend in canada, I would like to asked several question

Last year she lost her mother who died during her process of PR inland in here
This week she got news that her father only survive for 1 month
She already lost her mom, and now wish second chance to see her father

Is there any ways for her back home to her country without withdraw her application for PR?
(She and her previous kids on process for step 1 PR)