+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** Need to sponsor my sister for a 3 months visit in Canada ***

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
Hello,

Can anyone guide me, what's the procedure to invite my sister for 3 months visit to Canada.

She lives in Dubai and she will be the only one visiting me.

Also what's the normal processing time to get the visitor visa?

Many Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Procedure: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

Processing time: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vedette said:
Hello,

Can anyone guide me, what's the procedure to invite my sister for 3 months visit to Canada.

She lives in Dubai and she will be the only one visiting me.

Also what's the normal processing time to get the visitor visa?

Many Thanks
to make sure she is not refused, her links to outside Canada should be more than her links to Canada
1. send her invitation letter (get a good sample by searching this forum), do not invite her for 3 months, no employed person gets 3 months leave, reduce your request for 15 days or a month, and also give your bio-data in it, also include your employment letter, bank statements for last six months, assets in your name and your NOA (not mandatory for TRV but to make application strong)
2. she on her part should present her employment letter, letter of leave from her employer, her bank statements, proof of assets in country of residence and country of citizenship, her blood relations outside Canada, she should tell in her covering letter why she wants to visit and what is her plan and why she would return back to dubai (her prestigious employment/connection to relatives/assets in Dubai and home country etc). You also send a health insurance policy for three months (must be refundable to you in case of no visa no travel),
3. travel history what ever
Summary: VO decision depends on how much your sister is attached to outside Canada, these attachments are her employment, savings and assets, her relatives (if she is married and leaving behind husband and kids, this is a big attachment back home). Wishing good luck.