+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to change school. Please help!

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Hi everyone, I had applied for Humber and Flemming college. I got acceptance from Flemming college and paid the fees through wire transfer. I also have given my medical tests and GIC deposit has been made. Everything was good till I heard back from Humber college indicating that my ielts score was low. I had re-appeared for IELTS in the meantime and had improved scores.

I'm prefering Humber because it has a 2 year program which would get me a 3 year work permit (ample time to gain work experience and apply for PR) as opposed to the 1 year program at Flemming which would give me a 1 year work permit.

Humber has asked me to re-apply from scratch.

1. If I ask for a refund from flemming college what are the repurcussions? Medical exam used flemming college offer letter, GIC deposit and it takes 4-8 weeks to get a refund from flemming college.
2. If I came down and completed sem1 at flemming college and transferred to humber from sem2 which seems to be a grey area.

Program at Humber - Global Business Management
Program at Flemming - International Business Management.

Please help guys! I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

dhillon1990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 nov 2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
VISA ISSUED...
7 nov 2012
Come to Canada and change the program from here would be much easier.

dhillon1990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 nov 2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
VISA ISSUED...
7 nov 2012
There will be lot of people who can help you here.

fazeel

Jan 26, 2011
Pakistan
faiyaz.ally said:
Hi everyone, I had applied for Humber and Flemming college. I got acceptance from Flemming college and paid the fees through wire transfer. I also have given my medical tests and GIC deposit has been made. Everything was good till I heard back from Humber college indicating that my ielts score was low. I had re-appeared for IELTS in the meantime and had improved scores.

I'm prefering Humber because it has a 2 year program which would get me a 3 year work permit (ample time to gain work experience and apply for PR) as opposed to the 1 year program at Flemming which would give me a 1 year work permit.

Humber has asked me to re-apply from scratch.

1. If I ask for a refund from flemming college what are the repurcussions? Medical exam used flemming college offer letter, GIC deposit and it takes 4-8 weeks to get a refund from flemming college.
2. If I came down and completed sem1 at flemming college and transferred to humber from sem2 which seems to be a grey area.

Program at Humber - Global Business Management
Program at Flemming - International Business Management.

Please help guys! I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance.
Have you got visa or it is in process?