+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need suggestion for SOP!!

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
My old SOP, got rejection :-

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

Please suggest!!

I, XX am applying my study permit application for Canada. I have secured my admission for the postgraduate course in Computer Software and Database Development which is commencing from XX at Lambton College, Canada. I have attached all the required documents as per the visa checklist.

Academic and work experience :

Talking about my academics, I completed my grade 10 from XX And Higher Secondary Education Board with 85.23 % and my grade 12 from the same school scoring around 69.28% with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as majors in 2010 and 2012 respectively. My dad brought me an old computer back when I was small. I have been a tech enthusiast since then. I continuously experimented with various things and kept learning about computers on my own. Being a keen learner in the field of computers, I decided to go with a Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology from XX , finished with a CGPA of 6.70.

My undergraduate study gave me wide-ranging exposure and a great platform to develop a strong conceptual understanding of the core areas of information technology along with analytical thinking. I studied different information technology subjects like Database Management Systems, Applied Operating Systems, Computer Programming in languages like C/C++ and Core Java, Data Structure and Algorithm, Microprocessor Architectures, and Computer Networking. As of my language proficiency, I appeared for the IELTS test and scored an overall band 7.0 in August 2019.

Later, I got an opportunity for an internship at the renowned information technology company, XX , from December 2015 to April 2016. Within the same company from May 2016- August 2018 I worked as an Associate Software Engineer. Looking at my work performance I got promoted as Software Engineer from September 2018 to date. I have been working at XX Pvt. Ltd. for 3 years now. I have been working as a backend developer in XX for more than 3 years now. I have worked on different technologies, frameworks and different modules of project planning. I have developed REST/SOAP API for web applications in PHP using the YII2 framework. I have also worked on project deployment on a cloud server using AWS. I have actively contributed to updating our existing system with new approaches and technologies as per market standards to grow business profit. Additionally, I was a key member of the project for client communication and requirement understanding. I was involved in constant support to end-users for their queries and technical issues. I was also worked on documentation of project, application design and flow charts.

Why this Course?

Since I was working as a back end developer and to fulfil my goal to become a full-stack developer with very advanced technical knowledge, I will have to keep myself updated with new emerging technologies introduced in the information technology world due to constant development and innovations. Moreover, a full-stack developer is one of the fastest-growing jobs in India according to job statistics for the upcoming years. So, after consideration of my deep interest in information technology, thirst for learning new technologies, and future opportunities present in India, I have slowly and gradually concretized my decision for opting Computer Software and Database Development at Lambton College as part of my graduation course. This course will enrich my knowledge in the latest and updated technology, which will ultimately help

me to develop the level of technical and engineering competence in the very fast-growing world of information technology in India.

Program Outcomes:

The program Computer Software and Database Development at Lambton College will give me an excellent opportunity to learn cutting edge front-end & back-end technologies and latest software frameworks. It will ultimately help me to kick start my career as a full-stack software developer. So, this program will help me to study subjects that will give me exposure to new technologies like MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express, Angular, Node), .NET framework, latest and cutting-edge MVC frameworks, C# Programming, Python Programming, and Android Mobile Applications Development. Additionally, it also allows me to strengthen my skills such as HTML, CSS, AJAX, JavaScript, jQuery, PHP and Database Programming.

On the management side, the course will give me exposure to Project Management where I will learn various methods and models used to manage complex projects in the information technology domain. Additionally, this course will provide me the co-op program in my last semester that will allow me to apply technical skills learned in my course work to real-world projects.

Why Canada?

Canadian Colleges colleges deliver practical & career-oriented education and training which have eminent significance and reputation across the globe. Canada's technical education has a well-structured approach and keen focus on the overall development of students to prepare them to face real-world challenges.

Future Plans:

After completion of the proposed course, I intend to return to India to start my career as a full-stack developer. Full-stack development has been in the limelight in recent years in India. Companies in India have been explicitly hiring full-stack developers. In the past few years, the demand for full-stack developers has been increased by approximately 20% and it is expected to rise in the coming years as well. Full-stack developers offer ample of benefits to organizations. By pursuing this program, I firmly believe that the worldwide recognized and valued qualification from Canada will help me reach the acme of my career within a very short period and I will also be able to grab exciting opportunities as a full-stack developer in multinational companies in India. My father is a self-made businessman owning the business of XX for the last 15 years and my mother is a teacher teaching XX for more than 20 years. I have an elder brother, who is working as a Data Analyst in an information technology company in Dallas, Texas, USA.

My parents are sponsoring me for my education in Canada and they have paid my first-year tuition fees in advance and the staying expenses in the form of GIC which is $10000.

In case of any query or requirement of further information, please feel free to contact me on the below details.

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
SOP reads like something copied from a template with small changes here and there.
thanks for your response. As my consultant (Edwise) suggested, I made the changes.
If you have any suggestion then please let me know.