+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Info...Getting PR Card staying in USA...Pls help!!!!

navya_123

Oct 21, 2011
I hope someone can help me with proper information.... Is it possible to give my friends's address who stays in Toronto to get my PR Card instead myself physically staying there until I get my PR Card????

Basically I have got some important project in Chicago, IL, USA and can not take break, so I'm planning to land in Buffalo and finish the landing formalities then giving my friend's address to send the PR Card. Once my friend gets my PR Card then they can mail the cards to my USA address.

But I'm not sure whethe it's legal to do so??? Because I do not want to loose my PR Card after all the efforts as well as putting my friends in problems!!!

As anyone has done this and got your PR Card to your USA Address???

Appreciate someone could help me....

Thanks in advance

Rgds
Navya

jinneebhat

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
What my attorney told me was that they are taking special note on the H1b stream people who are not utilising the PR. Thats the reason they stopped H1b stream post Aug 2010.
Even if some people would have tried that, there is a big risk for sure, esp if they do more checking for H1b stream

If you are not in H1b stream, it may be easier

navya_123

Oct 21, 2011
jinneebhat said:
What my attorney told me was that they are taking special note on the H1b stream people who are not utilising the PR. Thats the reason they stopped H1b stream post Aug 2010.
Even if some people would have tried that, there is a big risk for sure, esp if they do more checking for H1b stream

If you are not in H1b stream, it may be easier
Dear Jinnebhat,

Thanks for response. I think you didn't understand my question properly. Here the question is not related to H1 B stream but the question is can I give my friend's adress to get my PR Card as myself staying in USA?

The reason I'm doing this because as of now I do not have a job offer in Canada but got a good one in Chicago but to get PR Card I need to stay for minimum 6 to 8 weeks which is not possible as I'm engaged in good project, once I get a PR Card I'll be having some breathing time to search for a job in Canada staying in the present job.

I hope now I'm clear with much more details.

Navya

jinneebhat

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
navya_123 said:
Dear Jinnebhat,

Thanks for response. I think you didn't understand my question properly. Here the question is not related to H1 B stream but the question is can I give my friend's adress to get my PR Card as myself staying in USA?

The reason I'm doing this because as of now I do not have a job offer in Canada but got a good one in Chicago but to get PR Card I need to stay for minimum 6 to 8 weeks which is not possible as I'm engaged in good project, once I get a PR Card I'll be having some breathing time to search for a job in Canada staying in the present job.

I hope now I'm clear with much more details.

Navya
Dear Navya
When you do the landing, the officer would ask you questions. Your landing defines your intent to permanently immigrate to Canada along with your dependents
Now.. as long as you say the truth about your job and your plan to immigrate permanently at a later date, you are ok. But I am sure you wont do that. If you conceal your intentions of leaving the country immediately after landing for a foriegn job, its not what they expected.
And hence for them, its a process abuse.
In simple terms, you may be able to do things.. but have to accept the risks involved.

navya_123

Oct 21, 2011
jinneebhat said:
Dear Navya
When you do the landing, the officer would ask you questions. Your landing defines your intent to permanently immigrate to Canada along with your dependents
Now.. as long as you say the truth about your job and your plan to immigrate permanently at a later date, you are ok. But I am sure you wont do that. If you conceal your intentions of leaving the country immediately after landing for a foriegn job, its not what they expected.
And hence for them, its a process abuse.
In simple terms, you may be able to do things.. but have to accept the risks involved.

Dear Jineneebhat,

Thanks for such a quick response. Yes you are very much true that no country will accept the reason of mine ie getting their country's PR and staying out of it until I get a good job, that is the main reason they ask the immigrants to have sufficient bank balance so that it will help us to survive with out any problems.

But in realty situation differs :) we never know about future whatz going to happen, if allz well then I'll get a good job if not I'll be in big trouble by loosing the existing job!!! I feel it's always safe to get a Job first then immigrating later...

But as I said earlier I'm confused and scared because I do not know whether it's legal to give my Canadian Friend's address to get my PR Card as myself staying in USA!!!

I have heard People have done like this but not sure whether they faced any issues or was it went on smoothly????

Navya

NewHome_Alberta

Star Member
Jun 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
navya_123 said:
Dear Jineneebhat,

Thanks for such a quick response. Yes you are very much true that no country will accept the reason of mine ie getting their country's PR and staying out of it until I get a good job, that is the main reason they ask the immigrants to have sufficient bank balance so that it will help us to survive with out any problems.

But in realty situation differs :) we never know about future whatz going to happen, if allz well then I'll get a good job if not I'll be in big trouble by loosing the existing job!!! I feel it's always safe to get a Job first then immigrating later...

But as I said earlier I'm confused and scared because I do not know whether it's legal to give my Canadian Friend's address to get my PR Card as myself staying in USA!!!

I have heard People have done like this but not sure whether they faced any issues or was it went on smoothly????

Navya
Read through this thread you should have u r ans. There are so many people have done that. "AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities." Here is the link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ainp-srs-h1b-landing-experience-and-post-landing-related-activities-t46784.330.html

navya_123

Oct 21, 2011
NewHome_Alberta said:
Read through this thread you should have u r ans. There are so many people have done that. "AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities." Here is the link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ainp-srs-h1b-landing-experience-and-post-landing-related-activities-t46784.330.html
Dear Newhome_Alberta,

Thanks so much for the link, I couldn't go through entire post but was able to read some. Yes most of them have done it like what I'm planning to do, but however not sure is it ok to get PR Cards getting mailed or couriered???

Anyways let me dig in much more detail to get more info.... Thanks again!!!