waived up to now
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2010
LANDED..........
Some time next year
Guys! Need help;

I got the PR visa almost like a year ago and the visa is expiring on Sept 10th of this year. I already did the landing and returned back to USA but my spouse needs to do the landing before her visa expires. Her relatives are in toronto but toronto is too far for us. The plan is to drive to winnipeg or some closer canadian border from the state of Minnesota to do the landing and come back again to USA.

Question
Does my spouse need to show the bank balance or proof of funds as i have already done at my landing and had shown it before?

Can she goes to winnipeg/Mantioba and tell the immigration officer that she is doing the landing and her destination is Toronto?(The only known physical address in Canada is in Toronto and we want her PR card to be mailed there?

My relatives have already received my PR card but i do not have it with me here in US. Can i come with my spouse to do her landing without the PR card? or what will be my basis to land in Canada alongside her? I know telling my relatives to mail the card should be the primary way but my plan is to drive there either today or tomorrow.

Thanks

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sagarmatha said:
Guys! Need help;

I got the PR visa almost like a year ago and the visa is expiring on Sept 10th of this year. I already did the landing and returned back to USA but my spouse needs to do the landing before her visa expires. Her relatives are in toronto but toronto is too far for us. The plan is to drive to winnipeg or some closer canadian border from the state of Minnesota to do the landing and come back again to USA.

Question
Does my spouse need to show the bank balance or proof of funds as i have already done at my landing and had shown it before?NO

Can she goes to winnipeg/Mantioba and tell the immigration officer that she is doing the landing and her destination is Toronto?(The only known physical address in Canada is in Toronto and we want her PR card to be mailed there?

Please cross Pembina,ND / Emerson.MB border as its a big facility and not far from Minnesota(Take I-29 North in North Dakota).Winnipeg,MB is about 70/80 miles from border.You can travel with your wife if you fulfilling the requirements as .

If you do not present your card when you return to Canada, you may be asked to show one of the following documents:

a completed Confirmation of Permanent Residence form;
the original Record of Landing (if it is dated 1973 or later);
a passport stamped with the date you were granted permanent residence (if your Record of Landing is dated 1972 or earlier);
a certified true copy of a Record of Landing document issued by CIC National Headquarters; or
a letter issued by CIC National Headquarters attesting to your permanent resident status.

The border services officer may also need to confirm your permanent resident status by asking you questions and checking information systems.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/pr-card/pr-card-faq12.asp

Notify the Immigration Officer the address for your wife PR to be mailed. PM your contact number so I can explain you in detail

My relatives have already received my PR card but i do not have it with me here in US. Can i come with my spouse to do her landing without the PR card? or what will be my basis to land in Canada alongside her? I know telling my relatives to mail the card should be the primary way but my plan is to drive there either today or tomorrow.

Thanks

sagarmatha

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-04-2010
Med's Request
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
13-09-2010
Interview........
waived up to now
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2010
LANDED..........
Some time next year
Hello
Kanamen

Thank you.

Heading there tomorrow morning.

Thanks

sagarmatha

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
Doc's Request.
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-04-2010
Med's Request
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
13-09-2010
Interview........
waived up to now
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2010
LANDED..........
Some time next year
Hello
Kanamen

Thanks for your help. I did the landing process and it was very very smooth. Took 15 mins at the most. I gave the address of my relatives to immigration officer and i was told that PR card will be mailed there.
Problem: I found out mistake in the address that i gave it to them? In addition; I am already back into the state... What should i do to correct the address?

Thanks