+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help

Nikita14

Mar 8, 2018
Hi All,
I came here few years ago and applied for student visa . I have two siblings- one sister and one brother and at the time of visa my parents went through a consultant and she added my sister's information but didnt add my brother's information in the student visa application, and I didnt find this out until I was applying for the PR two years back and I told my parents, they are not aware of such things and immigration so they asked me not to put my brother's information otherwise they might cancel my visa or something and we didnt have enough money to go through lawyers and all for such information that time, so I have submitted my PR with that information and got my PR.
Right now on my PR my only sibling is my sister, now I want to apply for citizenship this year and I dont want the same thing and not put my brother's information in the details while applying for citizenship. I want to put both my siblings in the family details, how can I do it without hampering anything for me here and for them in future ?

Please help me.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
you need to be careful as leaving out a sibling is serious. Please get some advice from someone who is credible.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Right now on my PR my only sibling is my sister, now I want to apply for citizenship this year and I dont want the same thing and not put my brother's information in the details while applying for citizenship. I want to put both my siblings in the family details, how can I do it without hampering anything for me here and for them in future ?
Not mentioning about your brother could be viewed as misrepresentation.

Additionally, you won't be able to help him to immigrate to Canada in the future should he chose to do so (i.e. he won't get any points for having a Canadian sibling).

If he applies to visit he would have to declare that he is your brother in the Family Information form else he risks a ban for misrepresentation. Basically, in one way or the other i.e. through the TRV/any other visa applications of your sister or parents, your brother would be listed as your family member.

I would recommend you inform IRCC about this unintentional oversight. You must also include any proofs of relationship to your brother when you inform IRCC