+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP WITH SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION AND PROCEDURE.

Ka101

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am an Indian citizen and my wife is Canadian and we recently got married (Sep,2014) in India and we want to apply for Spousal sponsorship but i don't know how to apply for it and what is the exact order.

We only know that i have to send few original filled application to my wife and then she will forward it to Ottawa but i have questions Do i also need to apply to New Delhi for PR separately? How much time it will take for our application stage 1 and stage 2 to complete? I haven't made my passport yet so do i have to send my passport too to my wife or New Delhi and if yes then when?

I hope anyone can help with much detailed information.

turntopage47

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
First off, congratulations
Second, everything you need to get your application filled out is on the CIC website
I'm guessing you are applying from outside Canada.
If so, your checklist and forms are here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp#immigrate

And here is your additional checklist:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3904E.pdf

There is a VERY detailed guide that walks you through, and of course you can do a search or ask questions here about anything you're not sure about.

It took us about 4 months to put our application and proof together and it really seems to have paid off. It's so much better to take the time now and possibly shave a few months off the processing time.

Bookmark this page:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

New Delhi is showing 15 months, and it takes an additional 2 months to approve the sponsorship at the beginning. I am pretty sure there are some New Delhi threads on here where you can ask more specific questions and also make some friends to wait with (it is fun to cheer each other on as you move through the stages)

And as you can see at the top, it is showing how long it took to process 80% of the cases over the last year at each of those offices. Some take longer, some take just a few months. Every case is unique. You only submit one application package as a couple.

There is a great thread that we used to put everything together. It is worth reading the entire thing.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html

I hope this gets you started at least.

Ka101

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanx man :)
and one more question how to get Id number at the top right corner of the forms?

turntopage47

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
If you haven't dealt with CIC in the past, you won't have an ID number
Leave that space blank on the forms if you don't have a number

If you are sending in extra information (some questions require additional sheets of paper) make sure you have your full name and birthday on the top of each page. Sometimes papers get set aside or knocked over, it's an added security to make sure nothing gets misplaced or lost from your file.

When CIC receives the application your file will get a number. You can use that for any further communication until they give you an ID# (your sponsor will get one when she is approved to sponsor)

Another tip: Make sure you write your email address on the form and put *@cic.gc.ca (including the *) in your email safe list to ensure no important emails get sent to junk mail

Ka101

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thnx once again bro :)
And is it very important to provide letter as a proof since we have marriage certificate, the problem is we didn inform her parents about marriage and want to wait few years.

narwal

Oct 4, 2014
How to do Back Ground Checks in India Canadian Embassy in India waiting for that she Provided with Letter from SSP Still wants Back ground checks

turntopage47

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Ka101 said:
Thnx once again bro :)
And is it very important to provide letter as a proof since we have marriage certificate, the problem is we didn inform her parents about marriage and want to wait few years.
You each write a letter. You don't need one from her parents necessarily, but if you have letters from other family or friends that you can submit as proof that you are in a genuine on-going relationship these things will only help your case.

It might be wise to disclose the fact that you haven't told her parents if either or both of you have cultural backgrounds where the parents are normally highly involved in the marriage. These visa officers are quite aware of typical cultural practices and will want to know why you were going against the grain. The same goes for age, religion, financial, and language differences. You can do a search here on "red flags" and find out more.

Ka101

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What about financial requirement, like how much fund we have to show?
My wife didn't work as she is currently studying and she get money from her parents but she also have her savings.

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
I don't think there are financial requirements that must be met; however, in the Sponsor Approval stage, they will want to see evidence to show how your Sponsor supports herself and will support you eventually. You should go through the guides on CIC's website, it outlines the requirements (if any) pretty clearly.