+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with Explanation of Backlogs in VISA SOP

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
Hi Guys

I have been admitted into a Master of Science in Computer Science program and I have to apply for the study permit ASAP.

I am unable to understand how can I explain about the backlogs that I had during my undergraduate (Btech in Computer Science with total aggregate of 62%).

The backlogs were 8 in total in the following subjects:-
Mechanical Engineering 1st sem
Physics 2nd sem
Maths-2 2nd sem
Electrical Engineering 2nd sem
Electronics Engineering 2nd sem
Data Structures Using C 3rd sem
Theory of Automata 4th sem
Advance Computer Architecture 8th sem

Can anyone please suggest how I can explain about these to the VO, just so it doesn't create a problem.

Thank you very much

VIKASBAGLE

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Gujarat India
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/07/16
kool.keith said:
Hi Guys

I have been admitted into a Master of Science in Computer Science program and I have to apply for the study permit ASAP.

I am unable to understand how can I explain about the backlogs that I had during my undergraduate (Btech in Computer Science with total aggregate of 62%).

The backlogs were 8 in total in the following subjects:-
Mechanical Engineering 1st sem
Physics 2nd sem
Maths-2 2nd sem
Electrical Engineering 2nd sem
Electronics Engineering 2nd sem
Data Structures Using C 3rd sem
Theory of Automata 4th sem
Advance Computer Architecture 8th sem

Can anyone please suggest how I can explain about these to the VO, just so it doesn't create a problem.

Thank you very much

Thank you for posting this I have the same issue please respond.

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
Hi

Can anyone please suggest on the above inquiry.

Thanks,

Also could you please tell that with the visa application do we need to include all the marksheets (including the one with backlogs) or just the ones with all papers cleared ?
P.S. My university first provides a marksheet with backlog after the result and after clearing the backlog they provide a new marksheet.

rajveer14

Feb 18, 2015
in SOP it is not a good practise to explain or emphasise your negative points.it is a sure recipe for disaster. instead focus on your positive reasons for choosing canada, how you tend to benefit from it, what you intend to do after returning from canada, why you have chosen your current course and college.
even if you want to give explanation what reason you will give for not clearing your backlogs and not studying?please don't get me wrong but it will only make you appear in bad light in front of VO because in a way you are giving excuses for not performing in your studies.
and don't by mistake try giving backlog certificate or something like that.it is only for colleges/universities. it is not required by CIC not does it demand it. umpteen students visa have been rejected because of ignorant immigration consultants who make you do all such things. be aware and choose your each step wisely while filling your application.

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
rajveer14 said:
in SOP it is not a good practise to explain or emphasise your negative points.it is a sure recipe for disaster. instead focus on your positive reasons for choosing canada, how you tend to benefit from it, what you intend to do after returning from canada, why you have chosen your current course and college.
even if you want to give explanation what reason you will give for not clearing your backlogs and not studying?please don't get me wrong but it will only make you appear in bad light in front of VO because in a way you are giving excuses for not performing in your studies.
and don't by mistake try giving backlog certificate or something like that.it is only for colleges/universities. it is not required by CIC not does it demand it. umpteen students visa have been rejected because of ignorant immigration consultants who make you do all such things. be aware and choose your each step wisely while filling your application.
Yes, I agree
Thanks for your views on this

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
rajveer14 said:
Also can you tell me one more thing, Do I need to attack the marksheets showing the backlogs and the session 2007-08 or the marksheets showing all papers passed but it has session 2010-11, like I passed my 2nd sem back papers in my 8th sem hence the session is 2010-11 in the new marksheet.

rajveer14

Feb 18, 2015
only attach the markheets, which shows you passed.the one with session 2010-11. the one with backlogs will be of no use in your file, it will only make matters complex. VO don't need your backlog marksheet, they can know that by looking at the month/year in which you passed, if they will look at all, see they have other important things to look into, than in which session you passed your exams.
happy to help you anytime.

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
rajveer14 said:
only attach the markheets, which shows you passed.the one with session 2010-11. the one with backlogs will be of no use in your file, it will only make matters complex. VO don't need your backlog marksheet, they can know that by looking at the month/year in which you passed, if they will look at all, see they have other important things to look into, than in which session you passed your exams.
happy to help you anytime.
Okay
Thanks again

messi94

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
i got 10 backlogs in btech(mechanical).
12th--76%
10th--81%
btech--64%
am i eligible for any university for masters?
i am asking here because your profile is somewhat similar to my profile..
and one more question how they can know about my exact backlogs as my university also not provide any kind of backlog in marksheets.

sidkrishna

Jul 18, 2016
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2016
data structures and Computer architecture are the ones thats related to cs among the eight.

nagdewani

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have 6 backlogs in B.Tech(Electrical) from which 2 are in 7th sem which means i have completed my bachelors in 4.5 years.
B.Tech - 69.00%
12th - 68.00%
10th - 79.50%
IELTS 6.5 overall (L-6.5, R-7.0, W-6.0, S-6.5)
i have 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech
I want to do advanced diploma in Power Engineering Technology.
Will I get student visa...??
what are chances of rejection..??