+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help - Visitor visa for Mother in Law

mht.dsm

Jan 15, 2017
Hi ,

Need help in applying Canada Visitor Visa for my mother in law: My wife & I both are Canadian citizens, we are applying visitor my mother in law (homemaker) visitor visa. She possessed a Canadian Visitor visa, which got expired as her Indian passport got expired. We created an account on new IRCC Portal. In the invitation letter we both are inviting her to visit Canada. My father in law already possess Canadian visitor visa and both of them plan to visit us soon. I have few questions for which i need help.

Question 1 : What option should we select for " Why do we need Visa?"
  1. To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling, or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
  2. To visit other family who are not listed above or friends or less than 6 months
If I select option 1. and proceed - It does not give me the option to upload an Invitation Letter.
If I select option 2. and proceed - I get the option to provide an Invitation Letter.

Question 2 : She possessed a Canadian Visitor visa, which got expired as her Indian passport got expired. Now she has a new Indian passport. Should we attach the old Indian passport in Additional documents (Letter of Explanation) ?

Question 3: As my father in law would be travelling with her, should we only attach documents like Bank statements, ID documents, ITR for my mother in law? Please suggest which documents should we attach for both?

Please feel free to provide any suggestions.

Thanks

arsr7171

Jun 23, 2021
Hello
Question 1: need to select option 2 , To visit other family who are not listed above or friends or less than 6 month
Question 2: you can attach her Canadian visa in old passport in additional doc.
question 3: I don’t think much documents are needed as she already had canadain visa previously ,you can show fund proofs bankstaments