+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help to understand Biometric Procedure

Deepi_911

Apr 24, 2017
I am applying for my Mom Tourist Visa. I am PR over here and my mom is in india.

So i have all the doccuments ready. Now just need to check and need help on below:

1. I scan and upload all doccuments and make payment.
2. Is is then CIC after some days give letter for Biometric Instruction?
3. My mother goes to VFS office and complete the Biometric stuff.
4. Does my mom have to submit anything post that or the VFS people sends her instructions?
5. Do my mom only needs to wait to hear from CIC?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

GP_Canadian

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
cvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/nov/2014
Nomination.....
5/feb/2015
AOR Received.
16/mar/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
22/may/2015
Med's Done....
27/may/2015
I am applying for my Mom Tourist Visa. I am PR over here and my mom is in india.

So i have all the doccuments ready. Now just need to check and need help on below:

1. I scan and upload all doccuments and make payment.
2. Is is then CIC after some days give letter for Biometric Instruction?
3. My mother goes to VFS office and complete the Biometric stuff.
4. Does my mom have to submit anything post that or the VFS people sends her instructions?
5. Do my mom only needs to wait to hear from CIC?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Yes, after applying online and paying the visa and biometric fee. It may take upto 2-3 days to receive the biometric request letter.
Once you get that letter then your mom has to book an appointment at Nearest VFS and go for biometric (have to take passport and the biometric letter). Once that is done Biometric no. would be updated by itself in your application.
Then you wait for next step , hopefully to submit passport and again you have to go to VFS for that.

Note: book the biometric appointment in VFS in advance or as soon as you apply. Sometime it’s heavily booked. They just ask for phone and email.