+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help regarding posting on GCKey Portal for ADR

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
Could someone please clarify whether the document needs to be signed by the applicant or the sponsor in order to be posted on the IRCC portal? My wife is my representative, and she has a GCKey account. The applicant's (My) document was required by IRCC, and we uploaded it via GCKey portal, signed by the principal applicant (me) before posting. Please let us know whether we made a mistake or if including the applicant's signature was acceptable regardless of who owns the GCkey account.

Thanks

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Could someone please clarify whether the document needs to be signed by the applicant or the sponsor in order to be posted on the IRCC portal? My wife is my representative, and she has a GCKey account. The applicant's (My) document was required by IRCC, and we uploaded it via GCKey portal, signed by the principal applicant (me) before posting. Please let us know whether we made a mistake or if including the applicant's signature was acceptable regardless of who owns the GCkey account.

Thanks
I would log in through the PR Tracker (Sign in to your status tracker (cic.gc.ca) ) Then use the webform to attach the document to your immigration application.

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
I would log in through the PR Tracker (Sign in to your status tracker (cic.gc.ca) ) Then use the webform to attach the document to your immigration application.
Thank you for sharing your perspective on this. I think you're not getting my point, let me explain, I already linked my application to the GCkey account, IRCC sent me an email with a letter to provide an additional document providing 2 links to upload my document, one is GCkey or the other one is Webform.

Since webforms take time to sort out, I prefer to submit my document through IRCC Portal which is GCKey. Because I received a copy of the same letter on my Gckey account as well, Everything was shown there in the upload section, including the applicant's name, the name of the desired document, and the upload option.

After uploading the requested document, there is a section to enter the signature (first and last name). Since they didn't specify, I want to know whether it has to be the applicant's name or the name of the sponsor before posting the document. As I said in my last message that my spouse is my representative, and she has a GCKey account. We uploaded the additional document and as it belonged to me, I wrote my name as an applicant in the signature section. Was that the best course of action or not?

Anyway, I appreciate your comment and thank you for it. If you have any insight into this as well, kindly share it with me!