+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help regarding admission in Lambton college sarnia campus

nvgajera37@gmail.com

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
I am going to apply for computer software and database development course in Lambton college sarnia campus.
Please give me reviews about this college and this course.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I don't have first hand knowledge about the college as I didn't study here. But I've been living-working in Sarnia for past 6 years and my wife goes to Lambton for Nursing (she is a MBBS doctor from Bangladesh).

From what I hear, Lambton is an average college. It has a very high percentage of Indian students. Since Sarnia is a small city whose economy largely relies on Oil-Chemical companies established here; any trade directly related to Oil-Gas-Chemical is a good choice to study.

If you have further questions re: Sarnia/Lambton, let me know.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
[quote author=nvgajera37@gmail.com]
Hello,
I am going to apply in computer software and database development course in Lambton college sarnia campus. So I want to know about this college. Is this worth it? And is there in sarnia easy to get part time job?[/quote]

I cannot really say if it's worth it or not. But I can give you a background of Sarnia which may help you to choose:

Sarnia has only 75,000 population whose economy is all big petro-chemical-gas companies (Nova, Petro-Canada, Suncor, Imperial Oil, Shell, Lanxess, Enbridge, Union Gas etc.). For these large customers, it has some energy market (TransAlta, Solar) as well. Sarnia is the largest solar power producer in the province. Since it's a border city, people travel to US for various reasons (work, shop) on daily basis. This actually impacts the city in a negative way to some extent resulting fewer infrastructure (shops, malls, chain stores etc.). Sarnia doesn't have big IT firms, corporate offices of large banks or other institutions. It has 1 college (no university), 1 shopping mall, 1 cineplex, 1 bestbuy (electronic chain store). But we have most well known chain stores, local shops and govt. services. And that's it!

I hope this helps you to think how such city can land you a job in Computer Software & DB Development. But obviously you can venture more after you graduate. Toronto (GTA), Waterloo, Ottawa - will be the best cities to get a job in your field. But you will have hard competition with thousands of students passing from colleges/universities close to those places.

Re: part-time jobs, I've seen lot of Indian students work in gas stations, convenient stores, Walmart & mall kiosks. So, it might be easy for you.

gakintan

May 17, 2016
Rossei,

Wow. I guess u are well settled in Sarnia. i am about to apply to Lambton College and with the little you have written, I feel Sarnia maybe the right place to come. Let me secure my permit first and will like to ask more questions.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
gakintan said:
Rossei,

Wow. I guess u are well settled in Sarnia. i am about to apply to Lambton College and with the little you have written, I feel Sarnia maybe the right place to come. Let me secure my permit first and will like to ask more questions.
I guess you can say that. Out of my 11 years in Canada, I lived for almost last 6 years in Sarnia. I pretty much lived/worked all over Southern Ontario.

himel420

Jul 18, 2016
nvgajera37@gmail.com said:
I am going to apply for computer software and database development course in Lambton college sarnia campus.
Please give me reviews about this college and this course.
Hello in which semester did you apply in lambton ? I am trying to apply in the same subject (computer software and database development) but in the application field they are showing the program is closed. It's not even available in January 2017 as well.. Any idea what I can do ?