+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help please.. thank you

cassandra10

Star Member
May 10, 2017
hi,
Sorry if i posted this again.. i just need help with these questions

Me and my husband are reviewing our spousal sponsorship application forms and documents. I have questions again with the forms before we submit it. For those who are done and submitted their spousal sponsorship application please help us with our concerns.

1. IMM5533 Document checklist
For the principal applicant, question 6. Medical examination - Do we need to check this? even if there's no upfront medical exam yet. And it says here, Do not complete a medical examination at this time.

2. IMM5406 Additional Family Information and IMM5669 Schedule A Background / Declaration
My husband has a son from his previous marriage who is now 21 years of age. He will not accompany his son to Canada because his son prefers staying and living in our home country. My question is: since his son is his dependent and not coming to Canada, are we going to fill out a separate 5406 and 5669 forms for his son? because my husband already specified and declared his son on these two forms. I just wanted to be sure.

3. Lastly, once my husband received a medical request, is it only the principal applicant are required for medical request or including his son who will not coming to Canada?
(if yes, this will be our problem because my husband's ex-wife will not allow her son that's why we did not pushed through my spouse's application last year)

Thanks in advance.

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
1) You have the option of doing an upfront medical exam. If you choose to do it, and include it in your application, check that item on the checklist. if you don't include it, don't check it off.

2) Only the principal applicant needs to fill out IMM 5669 and 5406

3) Dependents are required to undergo the medical exam, even if they are non-accompanying.

cassandra10

Star Member
May 10, 2017
1) You have the option of doing an upfront medical exam. If you choose to do it, and include it in your application, check that item on the checklist. if you don't include it, don't check it off.

2) Only the principal applicant needs to fill out IMM 5669 and 5406

3) Dependents are required to undergo the medical exam, even if they are non-accompanying.
Thank you so much adt83. I appreciate your immediate reply and helpful advice..

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
My husband has a son from his previous marriage who is now 21 years of age. He will not accompany his son to Canada because his son prefers staying and living in our home country. My question is: since his son is his dependent and not coming to Canada, are we going to fill out a separate 5406 and 5669 forms for his son? because my husband already specified and declared his son on these two forms. I just wanted to be sure.
No, his son is NOT a dependent for immigration purposes. "Dependents" are only those that meet the IRCC definition of dependent (as of today that is aged 18 and under).

The son should not go on any forms except "Additional Family Info" IMM5645E one (along with siblings), and does not need to do medical exam or police checks.

Reactions: mel2017 and adt83

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
No, his son is NOT a dependent for immigration purposes. "Dependents" are only those that meet the IRCC definition of dependent (as of today that is aged 18 and under).

The son should not go on any forms except "Additional Family Info" IMM5645E one (along with siblings), and does not need to do medical exam or police checks.
Correct. I assumed she was speaking of a different dependent than the 21 year old in the 2nd question. As of today, he is NOT a dependent.

However, Cassandra10, please be sure to keep an eye on updates in the near future. As the Government of Canada has published regulatory changes to increase the maximum age of a dependent child, to the age of 22, on October 24th, 2017. I'm not sure how this will affect applications already in process.

cassandra10

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Correct. I assumed she was speaking of a different dependent than the 21 year old in the 2nd question. As of today, he is NOT a dependent.

However, Cassandra10, please be sure to keep an eye on updates in the near future. As the Government of Canada has published regulatory changes to increase the maximum age of a dependent child, to the age of 22, on October 24th, 2017. I'm not sure how this will affect applications already in process.
Thank you adt83 and Rob_To for your replies..Since my husband's son is already 21 years old we will not include him in IMM 0008 Generic application form, we'll just include him in "Additional Family Info form" instead.

We're going to submit our application on the 2nd week of September we will check again if there's any update..

Thanks again...

cassandra10

Star Member
May 10, 2017

Hi again,

So we remove my husband's son in IMM0008 Generic application. Now I am checking 5669 Schedule A background/declaration.. it says in application guide and in the instructions in IMM5669form"all dependent children aged 18yrs or older listed in the application must complete their own copy of this form".
Is IRCC pertains to those dependent who is 18yrs or older that has been financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition? Because they classify two types of dependent in spousal application guide:

Type 1
The dependent is under the age of 19 and single (not married and not in a common-law relationship).
Type 2

The dependent is 19 years of age or older, has been financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition.

I am so confused with their application guide regarding dependent.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi again,

So we remove my husband's son in IMM0008 Generic application. Now I am checking 5669 Schedule A background/declaration.. it says in application guide and in the instructions in IMM5669form"all dependent children aged 18yrs or older listed in the application must complete their own copy of this form".
Is IRCC pertains to those dependent who is 18yrs or older that has been financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition? Because they classify two types of dependent in spousal application guide:

Type 1
The dependent is under the age of 19 and single (not married and not in a common-law relationship).
Type 2

The dependent is 19 years of age or older, has been financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition.

I am so confused with their application guide regarding dependent.
Does his son have some disability?

If not, then the answer is very clear and same as above. He is NOT a dependent so should not be listed as one on any form.

Reactions: mel2017

cassandra10

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Does his son have some disability?

If not, then the answer is very clear and same as above. He is NOT a dependent so should not be listed as one on any form.
His son does not have any mental or physical condition. He is a medical student in our home country.

Thanks again Rob_TO for your quick response and helpful advice.