+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help on Super Visa Eligibility

mgala

Dec 28, 2013
Hi Friends,
I am just wondering if someone can help me out on my query regarding super visa.
Actually, I want to apply super visa for my mum and she is here on visitor visa. I have started full time job in Nursing field This month and as well as my wife, but we did not work too much in the year of 2013 and therefore, notice of assessment will show low income.

We are wondering how immigration calculate the minimum income for super visa application. Will Immigration look into previous tax year or immigration will consider our full time jobs (we will earn $5000/month excluding Tax as a full time worker)

There is no information on this topic on Immigration website except only the table and according to the table, we must meet $43,942 to be eligible for Super Visa.
any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mgala said:
Hi Friends,
I am just wondering if someone can help me out on my query regarding super visa.
Actually, I want to apply super visa for my mum and she is here on visitor visa. I have started full time job in Nursing field This month and as well as my wife, but we did not work too much in the year of 2013 and therefore, notice of assessment will show low income.

We are wondering how immigration calculate the minimum income for super visa application. Will Immigration look into previous tax year or immigration will consider our full time jobs (we will earn $5000/month excluding Tax as a full time worker)

There is no information on this topic on Immigration website except only the table and according to the table, we must meet $43,942 to be eligible for Super Visa.
Thanks.
you have to prove that you have earned the $44K in the year prior to submitting the application. If you don't it will be refused, CIC will not take into consideration future possible earnings.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
mgala said:
Hi Friends,

Thanks.
Since she is already here on Visit visa, just apply for regular extension but if you intend to get the 2 year extension ( just like Supervisa **you cannot apply Supervisa within Canada, only extension** ) then you need to satisfy the LICO. So you can request 6 months with current job , then again 6 months, then she can go back to home country. By next year your LICO will be ample and she can then apply for proper supervisa from home country with LICO

mnpr

Feb 11, 2014
My mom is on her 3rd regular visitor visa extension to expire this August. I spoke to a CIC agent who clearly explained that that if we want my mom to stay further in Canada and desires to have a visa that would enable her to make other trips abroad other than Canada, a super visa is the proper application and that she can mail the same to the visa post (Philippines in our case) without having to leave Canada. But make sure that her previous authority has not expired or will not expire while awaiting the decision on the super visa application because there will be no implied status if the visitor status shall have expired. As far as I know, the income requirement for the host for both the regular visitor extension and the super visa is the same.

I suggest that you submit the last year's proof of income and employment certificate to reflect the current income you are receiving as well.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
mnpr said:
My mom is on her 3rd regular visitor visa extension to expire this August. I spoke to a CIC agent who clearly explained that that if we want my mom to stay further in Canada and desires to have a visa that would enable her to make other trips abroad other than Canada, a super visa is the proper application and that she can mail the same to the visa post (Philippines in our case) without having to leave Canada. But make sure that her previous authority has not expired or will not expire while awaiting the decision on the super visa application because there will be no implied status if the visitor status shall have expired. As far as I know, the income requirement for the host for both the regular visitor extension and the super visa is the same.

I suggest that you submit the last year's proof of income and employment certificate to reflect the current income you are receiving as well.
The visa app is still from home country ( offcourse she can stay here still regular visit visa runs out ), you can then re-enter via USA
There is no advertised income for regular visa, it's subjective but for supervisa it has to meet LICO figures

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
mnpr said:

Hi, mnpr,

I'm wondering how to successfully extend parents TRV in Canada? My mum is here with me in Canada. I want her to stay as long as possible. She holds a multi entry TRV.

It takes how long to get the extension approved?

Did you fill in the representative form?

Can I show my bank statement as proof of support?

What reason did you write in the letter? Can you share with us?

Did you asking for 1 year extension in the letter?

Please help to answer. I really want my mum stay with me. I keep worry about her extension.

Sincerely,
kidrobot