+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help on skilled worker PR

Vinny001

Feb 25, 2009
Hi All
This forum is very good source of information for Canadian Immigration.
Want to apply PR under skilled immigrant as soon as possible. I know there is lot of information www.cic.gc.ca but expert advice is always beneficial. Below is my information and questions

About Me:
Working as Sr. Software Engineer in US for almost 2+ years (Full time emoployee, not a consultant). Finished my master in 2001 in computer science and have 8 years experience. Also worked 1 year in South Korea and 1.5 years in Malaysia. Total 19 years of education. I am on H1B visa and my wife also on H1B visa.

Questions:
1.Which immigration category I fall into or best suites for my case.
2.Where do I have to send the application
3.Fee for me and my wife as dependent.
4.Is Check from Bank of America is fine.
5.Is there any benefit apply through Immigration lawyer or apply directly.
6.We live in rented home and may not stay in same home through the application process time. Can we give permanent address of friends or can change address later if we move
7. Do I have to submit all my offer letter of previous employers with experience letters or just the experience letters will do.
8.Do I have to write ILTES
9.What are the documents needed for initial application
10.Do I need to submit from my current employer

Thank you for your time and appreciate your help

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
my friend

you really must read the guidelines provided by CIC, nearly all of your questions are answered there

one thing you may not realise from reading the official information is that the address you provide should be your adress, not a friend's, later on these addresses may be used to conduct a security check and maybe, just maybe, the friend you choose has something unusual in his background you do not know about

there's no problem in later changing addresses

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
You qualify under the alberta AINP,You dont even need a job offer,Why dont you join the exodus of thousands of H-1 visa holders moving to Alberta under the Strategic Recruitment Stream btw Provinces are allowed to make their own immigration laws valid only under that province unlike the US with One Immigration law in the whole country Canada has federal immigration law applying to the whole country except Quebec which is a nation within a united Canada and each province is allowed under the Canadian Constitution to make its own Immigration law valid for that Province,You qualify under AINP and can be a Permanent Resident there in about ten months to a year