+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help on new PR Card Renewal application (June 2022), point 3.5 Have you ever been issued any of the following?

Apr 22, 2017
I need help in filling out PR Card Renewal application form, IRCC has just published new PR Card Renewal application form yesterday (June 15, 2022), there is one confusing question under:
3. Immigration History
3.5 Have you ever been issued any of the following?
Options are:
Travel Document
PRTD

Do I skip this question or just say Travel Document, as PR Card is also a Travel Document?
This is a very new question, never saw this before, so need help with this question.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I need help in filling out PR Card Renewal application form, IRCC has just published new PR Card Renewal application form yesterday (June 15, 2022), there is one confusing question under:
3. Immigration History
Options are:
Travel Document
PRTD

Do I skip this question or just say Travel Document, as PR Card is also a Travel Document?
This is a very new question, never saw this before, so need help with this question.
1. PR Card is not a travel document. It is asking you if you ever had a TD such as a Refugee Travel document or a PR Travel Document. You would know if you had them.

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
On a related topic, I wish to seek a clarification in the same new Form IMM5444:

The table in the last section of page 4 asks for info on the place, country, province, etc. If one is applying for a PRTD, but has a Canadian as well as overseas address, which one should be mentioned ?

Is it a logic that, since the applicant for PRTD will be obviously outside Canada, it should be the overseas address ?
Or is it OK to mention the Canadian address, since there is a place of address for the applicant in Canada ?

Would be very thankful for a help with a clear response.

Thanks.
Chellamani

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
3. Immigration History
Options are:
Travel Document
PRTD

Agree with PMM. The PR card is not a Travel Document.

Note: this is a new form. Best to pay particular attention to the instructions. That, however, is currently difficult since the guide for the new form is still, so to speak, under construction and clearly needs many changes. Checklists, for example, refer to parts of the Guide that do not currently exist.

On a related topic, I wish to seek a clarification in the same new Form IMM5444:

The table in the last section of page 4 asks for info on the place, country, province, etc. If one is applying for a PRTD, but has a Canadian as well as overseas address, which one should be mentioned ?

Is it a logic that, since the applicant for PRTD will be obviously outside Canada, it should be the overseas address ?
Or is it OK to mention the Canadian address, since there is a place of address for the applicant in Canada ?

Would be very thankful for a help with a clear response.

Thanks.
Chellamani
Instructions are under construction. This is a new form.

Generally a signature box including space to enter address information is asking for the location where the person signing the document is. Note, for example, this does not ask for full address, not any street address for example, just city and country, or also, "if this applies," province/district/state, and the latter only allows for Canadian province or territory options. So, despite the absence of a specific instruction for this item, it "clearly" is asking the applicant to identify city and country (at the least) where they are when signing the form.

PR TD applicant must also give full residential address abroad in question 2.8

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Might consider changing your username here, removing your email address for privacy reasons.