+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Need help] LOE - Immigration History

es114

Apr 3, 2019
I have answered "Yes" to the question: Have you applied for PR before, and I am writing an letter of explanation for it. Can someone please review it and let me know if I need to add more details?
Or do I even need to write an LOE since I have already provided the file number in my application ?

Many thanks for your help!!

-------
Subject: Letter of Explanation – Immigration History

Dear Officer,

In my application for Permanent Residence, I have answered "Yes" to the question “Has XXX applied for Permanent Residence (PR) before” because of the following situation:

In YEAR, my mother has submitted an “APPLICATION NAME” form to apply for Permanent Residence in Canada. I was a minor at that time and was listed as an accompanying dependent in my mother’s application under the Family Members section. She received a letter dated DDMMYYYY confirming her application have been received, and the file number provided in this letter is: 00000000. The program that she applied to was terminated several years later, and neither my mother nor I have received Permanent Residence status in Canada. Based on this situation, I have answered “Yes” to the above-mentioned question, and provided the file number in my application.

Thank you for your time.

Yours sincerely,

NAME

immihelper

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Good Day, this looks like a pretty good LOE. It is great that you have decided to send this letter because hey would have known either way.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Sweet and straight forward.

Although you shouldn't have answered Yes to that question at the first place, simply beacuse you where a minor at the time and hence had no legal capacity to directly apply nor does your consent to that application hold any significance to IRCC.

es114

Apr 3, 2019
Sweet and straight forward.

Although you shouldn't have answered Yes to that question at the first place, simply beacuse you where a minor at the time and hence had no legal capacity to directly apply nor does your consent to that application hold any significance to IRCC.
Thanks for your reply. I was wondering the same questions at first, however in another thread (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/has-xxx-applied-for-permanent-residence-pr-before.620042/) where I asked if I need to answer Yes to this question both suggestions are Yes.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019