+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP!IMM5710-SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

meegee

Mar 12, 2016
Hello! Everyone!
My status in Canada is PGWP which will be expired in Sept. this year and we are going to submit the sponsorship application this month.

I got some questions abt IMM5710.

1.I would like to extend my Work permit, what should I choose "Apply for A WORK PERMIT WITH THE SAME EMPLOYER" OR "RESTORATION OF YOUR STATUS AS WORKER" (I might change to the other company later)

2.CURRENT COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE:if the status I filled is WORKER,which date should I fill? The date that I got my Study Permit or the date I got my Post-Graduation Work Permit?

3.WHAT TYPE OR WORK PERMIT ARE YOU APPLYING? should I choose "OPEN WORK PERMIT" "OR OTHER :EXTEND WORK PERMIT"

4.DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA. Actually I am employed a company and my manager can provide me a employment letter. How should I fill this area?

5.BACKGROUND INFORMATION: 2c. HAVE YOU PREVIOUS APPLIED TO ENTER OR REMAIN IN CANADA?
I came to Canada for study and after graduate I applied for the PGWP. Should I choose 'YES' and explain it?

Thanks you!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can't extend a PGWP.

If you are submitting an Inland sponsorship application, you can get a new OWP. It takes ~ 4 months to receive it.
Don't list your current employer (say unknown), because this is an Open Work Permit, meaning you can work [almost] anywhere.

Make sure you pay the full amount of $255 ($155 for the OWP + $100 for the `holder' fee).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
meegee said:
1.I would like to extend my Work permit, what should I choose "Apply for A WORK PERMIT WITH THE SAME EMPLOYER" OR "RESTORATION OF YOUR STATUS AS WORKER" (I might change to the other company later)

2.CURRENT COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE:if the status I filled is WORKER,which date should I fill? The date that I got my Study Permit or the date I got my Post-Graduation Work Permit?

3.WHAT TYPE OR WORK PERMIT ARE YOU APPLYING? should I choose "OPEN WORK PERMIT" "OR OTHER :EXTEND WORK PERMIT"

4.DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA. Actually I am employed a company and my manager can provide me a employment letter. How should I fill this area?

5.BACKGROUND INFORMATION: 2c. HAVE YOU PREVIOUS APPLIED TO ENTER OR REMAIN IN CANADA?
I came to Canada for study and after graduate I applied for the PGWP. Should I choose 'YES' and explain it?
1. Select "An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer".

2. The date you got your work permit.

3. Open Work Permit.

4. Put N/A in all employment sections.

5. Yes and explain.

Visalakshi

Oct 24, 2017
Hi,
I will come to Canada on a Visitor Visa soon. I will apply for Inland spousal sponsorship along with OWP. I have a question regarding the same.

Do we need to mention 'To' date for current activity/occupation? Can I be on leave from work for a foreign employer when I file the application and mention that as current activity/occupation? Any help would be really appreciated..

Also do we have any link or document which says person who is applying for OWP should not hold any current employment?

aravindsriram

Mar 16, 2020
Even i have the same question. Someone can help here. I am applying open work permit for my wife and she is currently in sabbatical leave and still tagged with the Indian employer. What must be filled in "Current activity/Occupation"?