+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help for education history

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have completed my diploma (3 years) from India and it is only equivalent to the 12th grade in India and it is equivalent to the secondary diploma (high school) in Canada. I don't have WES report for this. I am hesitating to add my diploma under education history because I have slightly different name in my Indian diploma. I did same name affidavit while applying for the study permit. I don't want to make my PR application complicated for my self or officer and that is the reason I want to avoid adding it under education history. I have studied diploma (2 years program from Canada so I meet post secondary education requirement for CEC). My questions are as below

1. Do I need to add this under education history? I am not claiming any points and I already have ITA.

2. I already added this under personal history section just to let the officer know that I have done this diploma which is equivalent to the high school and I am not hiding anything and also not claiming any points. So in this case officer can charge with me with misrepresentation?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone,

I have completed my diploma (3 years) from India and it is only equivalent to the 12th grade in India and it is equivalent to the secondary diploma (high school) in Canada. I don't have WES report for this. I am hesitating to add my diploma under education history because I have slightly different name in my Indian diploma. I did same name affidavit while applying for the study permit. I don't want to make my PR application complicated for my self or officer and that is the reason I want to avoid adding it under education history. I have studied diploma (2 years program from Canada so I meet post secondary education requirement for CEC). My questions are as below

1. Do I need to add this under education history? I am not claiming any points and I already have ITA.

2. I already added this under personal history section just to let the officer know that I have done this diploma which is equivalent to the high school and I am not hiding anything and also not claiming any points. So in this case officer can charge with me with misrepresentation?
You do not, just list it in personal history.

Reactions: itspossible9

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
I have one more question. I already submitted my application and I only included my foreign education in personal history as I am not claiming any points. I didn't upload my foreign degree while submitting application. I think I should be good right? I am little worried about this. Please help me.

R10 completeness check says

• obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed.

Please help me experts @legalfalcon @DelPiero07 @NOC98

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have one more question. I already submitted my application and I only included my foreign education in personal history as I am not claiming any points. I didn't upload my foreign degree while submitting application. I think I should be good right? I am little worried about this. Please help me.

R10 completeness check says

• obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed.

Please help me experts @legalfalcon @DelPiero07 @NOC98
In your personal history you have to list all your education history whether you got to assessed or not.

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
I already did that but my question is if I didn't include my foreign education in education history and just in personal history so do I need to provide foreign diploma certificate? I didn't upload my foreign diploma certificate while submitting my application.

Thank you once again for your help!

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I already did that but my question is if I didn't include my foreign education in education history and just in personal history so do I need to provide foreign diploma certificate? I didn't upload my foreign diploma certificate while submitting my application.

Thank you once again for your help!
No need. The educational documents placeholder is only for the education you be claimed points for — so upload the diploma and ECA (if you have one).

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Thank you very much @NOC98 and @legalfalcon for your help. I didn't claim points and I also didn't mention my foreign education in education history. I don't have ECA either that's why I didn't provide my foreign education diploma while submitting my documents. I was worrying a lot about this.

Take care and stay safe!

vittga1

Jun 24, 2016
Hi @itspossible9 I have the same question as you as I also have high school from back home and 2 year diploma in Canada. I think it’s fine just mentioning in personal history. I haven’t submitted my documents yet and I don’t know if I should translate my high school diploma and attach to the application at at. Did you do it?

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
@vittga1 I only submitted my canadian diploma credentials as I didn't claim points for my foreign education. I only mentioned my foreign education in personal history. You should do the same so this way you don't need to translate your foreign education credentials and submit it.

I hope this helps :)

Thank you,

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
@vittga1 I only submitted my canadian diploma credentials as I didn't claim points for my foreign education. I only mentioned my foreign education in personal history. You should do the same so this way you don't need to translate your foreign education credentials and submit it.

I hope this helps :)

Thank you,

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Hello..i am on the same boat. .but on the other way around. I only put my foreign degree and claimed points for that..but i did not put my canadian degree and di not claim points..i did not include it since i cannot get the diploma before the expiration of the submission of application.i just put it in my history. Will o be good?