+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help: Filling out application for Express Entry - skilled workers

justin188

Apr 10, 2024
Belgium
Hi,

I have received an invitation to apply for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) category, and I am in the process of filling out my application, but I have some questions regarding the requested information:

1. I am asked for my travel history over the last 10 years and I remember going to France twice (I am Belgian) for short periods, but I can't remember the exact dates. Should I mention them and, if so, how can I find these departure and return dates?
  2. I also need to choose the province and city where I want to settle: once these steps are completed, am I obliged to settle in the chosen province and city?
  3. In the part that concerns my educational background, both before and after university: I have changed institutions and types of studies quite often (in total, I must have attended between 10 and 15 different institutions). Do I need to list all of them? Even those where I failed and therefore did not complete?

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
Hi,

I have received an invitation to apply for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) category, and I am in the process of filling out my application, but I have some questions regarding the requested information:

1. I am asked for my travel history over the last 10 years and I remember going to France twice (I am Belgian) for short periods, but I can't remember the exact dates. Should I mention them and, if so, how can I find these departure and return dates?
  2. I also need to choose the province and city where I want to settle: once these steps are completed, am I obliged to settle in the chosen province and city?
  3. In the part that concerns my educational background, both before and after university: I have changed institutions and types of studies quite often (in total, I must have attended between 10 and 15 different institutions). Do I need to list all of them? Even those where I failed and therefore did not complete?
For Schengen visits, you don't need to mention them as they do not stamp passeports. so basically no way to know if you have visited the country or not.
If you still want to mention them, add an approximate date and write a letter of explanation at the end

Reactions: justin188

justin188

Apr 10, 2024
Belgium
For Schengen visits, you don't need to mention them as they do not stamp passeports. so basically no way to know if you have visited the country or not.
If you still want to mention them, add an approximate date and write a letter of explanation at the end
Thanks for answering one of my questions :)

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
Thanks for answering one of my questions :)
No prob. I myself travelled around Europe for multiple reasons so I know what's this is :D
For the 2nd question, As long as it's not the PNP program, you are not obliged to reside in the city of destination. You can put anything you want and you have the liberty to reside or nor in that City. Of course you must not choose a City in Quebec as this province has it's own immigration system.

Reactions: justin188

justin188

Apr 10, 2024
Belgium
No prob. I myself travelled around Europe for multiple reasons so I know what's this is :D
For the 2nd question, As long as it's not the PNP program, you are not obliged to reside in the city of destination. You can put anything you want and you have the liberty to reside or nor in that City. Of course you must not choose a City in Quebec as this province has it's own immigration system.
Thanks again for your help and for answered these questions so fast :)
Do you known if the city and province I choose have a repercussion on my chance to be accepted ?