NEED HELP AT LAST MOMENT crossing us to canada

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Dear Respected all members,

My Friend have told me if in future i got approved my Asylum case, even after ( PR or Citizenship) i cannot go back to my home land country where i have fear of life is that true ? I cannot even visit ? please do share your experience please.

Yes that is true. You cannot go back to your home country if you got PR under approved refugee claim. Going back means that you are safe in your home country and you lied getting PR and CIC have the right to revoked PR and even citizenship.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Once you gain citizenship, I believe you can travel back to your country of origin, although as someone who has applied for protection from such a country I don’t understand why you would go back. As a refugee or PR, you can still travel back, but there is a very significant risk that the government of Canada will revoke you refugee or PR status (and deny you citizenship) if you travel home. That includes using the passport of your original country to travel anywhere or applying for a new one. This is one of the conditions of receiving assylum. Read up on “re- availment and cessation”.

http://www.unhcr.org/419dbce54.pdf

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Once you gain citizenship, I believe you can travel back to your country of origin, although as someone who has applied for protection from such a country I don’t understand why you would go back. As a refugee or PR, you can still travel back, but there is a very significant risk that the government of Canada will revoke you refugee or PR status (and deny you citizenship) if you travel home. That includes using the passport of your original country to travel anywhere or applying for a new one. This is one of the conditions of receiving assylum. Read up on “re- availment and cessation”.

http://www.unhcr.org/419dbce54.pdf
As far as I know, even the after obtaining the citizenship, it could be revoked if you are found to be misrepresented in the refugee/PR application.

Reactions: Buletruck