+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help/advice to get my mom a visit visa

Chang06

Sep 14, 2017
We are a family of five and i understand that applying for or inviting your parents to visitcanada you have to pass all the requirementsthat includes the proof of income which is we are so far behind on the required annual income of said number of family members. I am the only one who is working and as a part time job only my husband is sick and he does receive some on his disabilty too. We wanted to apply a visit visa for my mom to help us out for my husband has to undergo kidney transplant and i am his potential donor early 2018(jan-feb) but we are hesitant to apply as we might get disapproved due to financial status. Can anyone give us any idea how to make it possible by chance? Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A TRV is more dependent on your mom's financial status, her ties to her home country and her travel history not your income like the supervisa and the parent/grandparent sponsorship program. You should attempt to apply including a medical note. No guarantees though.

Chang06

Sep 14, 2017
A TRV is more dependent on your mom's financial status, her ties to her home country and her travel history not your income like the supervisa and the parent/grandparent sponsorship program. You should attempt to apply including a medical note. No guarantees though.
When it come to my moms financial status i may say that she dont have that much to show we her children (my sister and brothers) back home support and provides their daily needs she doesnt even have her own bank accnt but my mom still have my dad and do have grandchildren that i dont think she can afford leave and stay here with us for good and yes medical note is one of our options too and i agree to you that its not a guarantee. Actually my mom been here already get a chance to stay here more than a year for she is holding a multiple visa that time but she went bsck home and her visa is now over. My husband is active during that time thats why its easy to get a visit visa for her. I will try ask a medical note and give it try. Thanks for the time and for sharing your ideas. God Bless

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry unless your mother is divorced I would consider your father and her assets together although sounds like she is not on any bank account or property records which could be a problem. I would submit your father's financial/property information. If you look in the visitor forum section you will find more advice. Best of luck.