Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Can I show a Land Property in my name for the POF along with some cash ( Might just touch the limit for 2 ). Does New Delhi Visa office recognize the Land Property as POF ? if Yes then while writing the POF I can include the Land Property worth in the first application.

shantiseema

Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Hi All,

Could anyone please help me about the amount I should write in the first application. Should I include the Land property in the amount or just the cash I have ? I am opting for New Delhi as my Visa office.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shantiseema said:
Can I show a Land Property in my name for the POF along with some cash ( Might just touch the limit for 2 ). Does New Delhi Visa office recognize the Land Property as POF ? if Yes then while writing the POF I can include the Land Property worth in the first application.
Strict No. They will not accept it.

shantiseema

Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
So I should write only the cash I have with me ?

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shantiseema said:
So I should write only the cash I have with me ?
You can show,

Provide proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible
currency available for settlement in Canada (for you and your family members):
• current bank certification letter; or
• evidence of savings balance; or
• fixed or time deposit statements

Source : New Delhi Checklist.

and

Email from New Delhi CHC
This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

The amount of funds you need to have in order to settle in Canada depends on the size of your family. The funds must be available to you and transferable to Canada. They must be unencumbered by debts or other obligations.

Number of family members
Funds required

1 $11,086

2 $13,801

3 $16,967

4 $20,599

5 $23,364

6 $26,350

7 or more $29,337

Acceptable proof of funds are:

-bank accounts in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;

-cashable investments in your name or the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner;

-cashable fixed deposits in your name of the name of your accompanying spouse/common-law partner.

Not acceptable are:

-bank accounts in someone else's name;

-bank accounts which are joint in your name and someone else (other than your accompanying spouse/common-law partner);

-bank accounts in the name of your spouse who is not accompanying you to Canada;

-property valuations;

-vehicle valuations;

-jewellery valuations.

You are not required to carry your funds in cash when you arrive in Canada. You are, however, required to show documentary evidence that you have the funds available (in bank accounts or cashable investments), and that they can be transferred to Canada.

A port of entry officer in Canada may seek to confirm these funds before granting you permanent residence along with your dependants.

If you have arranged employment in Canada, you do not have to meet these financial requirements. Arranged employment means that you have an offer of indeterminate employment from an employer in Canada. You must be either currently working in that employment on a work permit in Canada, or have been issued a labour market opinion has must have been provided by the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC). In order to be exempt from the minimum funds requirement, the offer of employment must be genuine, the employment must not part-time or seasonal, the wages offered must be consistent with the prevailing wage rate for the occupation, and the working conditions must meet generally accepted Canadian standards.

Hope it helps

shantiseema

Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
thanks for the clarification.

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
Does jewelry certificate suffice !!! We gave a certificate that we have jewelry worth of 413-14k as POF.
Even though, we have applied with AEO , we were adviced to show POF by our consultant ..