+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help about FSW experiance

huh001

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
hey all,

i am working as an accountant now as i have diploma in accounting from Canada and but have less then one year experience as an accountant. i also have degree in business from Ireland and my other job was a chef/cook for 3 year , when i was in school in ireland ....does it give me enough experience to be eligible for skilled worker class as accountant as you need at least one year experience .....even tho they are two different field . does it matter ?

oh just to clerifiy i want to apply as an accountant not as a chef . do i have to have 1 year as a accountant ?

please help .

thanks

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
huh001 said:
hey all,

i am working as an accountant now as i have diploma in accounting from Canada and i have less then one year experience i also have degree in business from Ireland and my other job was a chef/cook for 3 year , when i was in ireland ....does it give me enough experience to be eligible for skilled worker class as you need at least one year experience .....even tho they are two different field . does it matter ?

please help .

thanks
Since you have an experience as a Chef for three years, you are eligible to apply in FSW Program. Chef is included in the present 29 NOC list. You just need at least a year (minimum) of work experience under this NOC list. Your other experience will be considered to acquire the maximum points under Work Experience. :)

I'm not sure about being a Chef but have an education in accounting will be a problem. But as I know, what really matters is your work experience.

huh001

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
oh just to mention i want to apply as an accountant not as a chef ? does it change the situation ?

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
huh001 said:
oh just to mention i want to apply as an accountant not as a chef ? does it change the situation ?
Under FSW, there's no accountant related NOC in the present 29 NOC occupation list. You're not eligible to apply if it's not in the list.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp