Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
30/04/2012
LANDED..........
hi all
initially i was planning to land in toronto but i have change my mind and now i want to land in calgary
but i've booked tickets already and confirmed it to toronto. there are no time to change it.
so my fist landing will be toronto then i have to get connect flight to calgary.

can i give the calgary address when i do my first landing in toronto?
or
should i give them toronto address? (is it must ?)

please some one clear my head

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not an issue at all! You'll provide the immigration officer in Toronto with your Calgary address - it's pretty common that you fly on from your POE (port of entry = your "first landing") to your destination where you are to settle down.

.... just allow for enough stopover time in Toronto before catching your connection flight to Calgary as you'll need to complete the whole landing procedure at your POE, in Toronto:

1. immigration procedure - "Confirmation of Permanent Residence" landing papers stamped, PR application, proof of funds as need be

2. customs - you'll need to check out your baggage for customs check & have lists of goods to follow and accompanying goods stamped as need be

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
qorax said:
Guys,

Lots of us have got the visa/s lately [2010]. And we are now having some doubt about our 'choice of landing', after being on this great forum & having surfed enough reg. various Canadian cities. Thus, the question, "Should I Land in the City mentioned in my Application/COPR, or can go to another Canadian city"?

Please be Clarified that:
As a federal skilled worker, we can chose any POE in Canada & complete our landing formalities, regardless of the destination mentionned in our Apps or the COPR, except Quebec* [details below].

Canada's immigration laws provide for a 2 step process for our visa applications:
>Step-1. The CIC/CHCs carry out stage One (read our apps processing system).
>Step-2. Carried out by an Immigration Officer at the POE.

Reg. step-1, we are already familiar. This is how we get our PR Visas. For the step-2 (at POE) however, landing is our "Right". Though not an 'automatic right', we must still satisfy the officer at the POE that our entry is permissible: A12(1), called the 'Verification of PR', outlined in Sections 19(1) & (2) of the Act. But, another thing is also involved in this step-2, called 'Completion of the Record of Landing' for admission into Canada, which is obligatory.

For this "Record of Landing", 'admissibility' is not affected by our choice of POE. All it's needed is to fill up certain forms, specifically the PR Card form (IMM 5444E), wherein we have to provide an address for card delivery. This can be anywhere, beyond the POE. This is how newcomers with COPR destination as Montreal-Quebec drive thru the POE of Sarnia, Bluewater Bridge. There are many other examples, but for brevity I just chose one.

*There is only 'one' catch though. For Quebec, although any FSW would be allowed to enter thru a Quebec POE, they cannot complete the 'Record of Landing' here. And would have to further drive/fly to another province (any) to report to its Immigration Officer for the 'completion' of record of landing. This is because Quebec needs the CSQ certificate to complete this procedure. Which only is for a Quebec PR applicant. (however, it is not vice-versa... a Quebec PR applicant can do all the formalities in any other Canadian POE).

End Note: Anyone of us FSWs can land in any Canadian POE, irrespective of what's written in our apps or the COPR.

Hope that's of some help.
Qorax.
Regards,
Spartan!

chandi2564

Star Member
Oct 14, 2008
colombo
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/01/2010
Doc's Request.
09/07/2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
IELTS Request
sent with full docs in 09/07/2010
Med's Request
12/01/2012
Med's Done....
29/01/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
30/04/2012
LANDED..........
banrad said:
Not an issue at all! You'll provide the immigration officer in Toronto with your Calgary address - it's pretty common that you fly on from your POE (port of entry = your "first landing") to your destination where you are to settle down.

.... just allow for enough stopover time in Toronto before catching your connection flight to Calgary as you'll need to complete the whole landing procedure at your POE, in Toronto:

1. immigration procedure - "Confirmation of Permanent Residence" landing papers stamped, PR application, proof of funds as need be

2. customs - you'll need to check out your baggage for customs check & have lists of goods to follow and accompanying goods stamped as need be
thanks mate for your quick reply
another thing that as you said, 3,4 hours enough for the whole process ????

thanks

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Although I didn't land through Toronto Pearson International Airport, in my humble opinion, 4 hours should do to complete your landing there:
- passport check
- baggage check-out
- immigration officer
- customs
- flight check-in & baggage drop-off for Calgary
- security check to enter departure & boarding area

Other forum members, with the experience of landing at Pearson Airport, might give their take, but I'm almost sure they would confirm 4 hours is enough. It goes by common sense, no-one can guarantee the exact time needed, but planning 4 hours should put your mind at ease, dude.

Enjoy your flight, good luck with your landing!

WELCOME TO CANADA ;)

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
No Problem in giving address of other provinces.
Do you have relatives/friends in Calgary?
I wonder what could be the reason for you to change you living city from Toronto to Calgary?

This page would help you a lot

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border-interview.asp

chandi2564

Star Member
Oct 14, 2008
colombo
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..