+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need HELP !about correspondence from citizenships application

Bendanlim

Apr 25, 2018
Hi everyone,

Could someone can help me?

I got update about citizenships application.

1 We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 28, 2018.

2 We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 4, 2018.

3 We started processing your application on October 11, 2018.

4 We sent you correspondence on November 21, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Do they send letter about requirement information by email or letter?

Because of family issue, I am outside of Canada. What should I do?

I don’t remember whether I create my cic account or not.

Do they update information in my cic as well?

Help me out

Thanks in advance.

Ben

HFAMH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hi everyone,

Could someone can help me?

I got update about citizenships application.

1 We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 28, 2018.

2 We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 4, 2018.

3 We started processing your application on October 11, 2018.

4 We sent you correspondence on November 21, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Do they send letter about requirement information by email or letter?

Because of family issue, I am outside of Canada. What should I do?

I don’t remember whether I create my cic account or not.

Do they update information in my cic as well?

Help me out

Thanks in advance.

Ben

This usually means a fingerprint (FP) request or residency questioner(RQ). They usually send the letter by post. For the fingerprint they usually give 30 days to complete and for the other RQ around one month and half. If this is a FP request you should do it inside Canada, for the RQ you have to send it by post ( within Canada if I am not mistaken).

Gibe

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Hi,

First of all, please remove the duplicate threads. I see that you created 3 of them.

Concerning your question, IRCC usually send the requests by letter to the address you can find on your ECAS (online tracking). I'm not sure what you mean by CIC account.

The request is likely to be for Finger Prints as they seem to ask them for the majority of applications lately.

So the answer is that you should ask someone to check the mail for you to find out what they sent you. And as mentioned above, you should do it quickly to avoid issues. For the FP, they require to receive them within 30 days (December 21 in your case). But if you miss this deadline, they will send you a reminder with an additional 30 days delay. But afterwards they will cancel you application.

On an additional note, FP can be taken abroad. It is a bit more complicated though. You need to find a place to take them by ink then send them to an accredited finger print company in Canada. The company will digitalize them and forward them to RCMP.

Last edited:
Reactions: kidiica