+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need guidance regarding Proof of funds.

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
I need guidance regarding POF. I have taken funds from my father and got them transferred to my bank account and the amount is in my bank for more than 6 months now. Do I need to show it as a gift deed when I get ITA or just a bank statement would suffice?

Kindly need guidance regarding this.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Since the funds have been in your account for over 6 months it should be fine.

There are two approaches to situations like this when it comes to your application:
1. Provide only what you're required to provide - it makes your application more straightforward to process but there's a possibility you may get an ADR.
2. Provide every possible document you think your case officer may ask for - chances of ADR are close to zero but it will take you longer to gather the documents and will make processing potentially a little bit longer as there will be more documents to go through.

I opted for option number 1 and everything was fine. Can't promise this will be the same in every case.

Reactions: Fasih Khan

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
I need guidance regarding POF. I have taken funds from my father and got them transferred to my bank account and the amount is in my bank for more than 6 months now. Do I need to show it as a gift deed when I get ITA or just a bank statement would suffice?

A letter from your bank which should have current balance and balance after end of each month for last 6 months.

Preferably converted into current value Canadian dollars

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015

You are fine nothing to do or worry about if worse they can ask for the source but that is rare.

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
Thank you for the guidance. One more thing I want to ask. Recently, there has been a lot of currency devaluation in my country. And I have added some money to maintain the minimum cut-off. Will this have any effect on the 6 months period, is this a big issue? Should I worry about it?

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Thank you for the guidance. One more thing I want to ask. Recently, there has been a lot of currency devaluation in my country. And I have added some money to maintain the minimum cut-off. Will this have any effect on the 6 months period, is this a big issue? Should I worry about it?
It really should not, you don't need to worry