+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need guidance reg Sponsorship for Spouse

Krish08

Jun 26, 2017
Hyderabad
Dear All,

I am married, yet to create my EE profile. As my spouse is conceived, I was suggested by some of our friends in this forum to mention spouse as non accompanying (as she is conceived, she can not clear medicals) and sponsor her once I am in Canada.

Now, if I sponsor her once I am in Canada with PR, how long will it take for my spouse to get PR (considering that she will be in India) ? I have seen in CIC website and scared to know that it takes 12 months :(

Also, once I applied sponsorship, can my spouse and child come to Canada on visitors Visa while the application is in progress ? If yes, what is the maximum tenure that they can stay on visitors Visa ?

Please help me. Thanks

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
You definitely must list your spouse on your EE application, otherwise you will not be able to sponsor her in the future, short of renouncing your PR and re-applying. If your spouse does not have very strong ties back to India, it will be very difficult for her to get a visitor's visa.

renji

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is your status in Canada ? Are you on (open) work permit ?? When does your current status in Canada expire ? How long you been in Canada ?
If you are employed full time in Canada its better to seek assistance / guidance from an immigration lawyer (check with your HR)

Krish08

Jun 26, 2017
Hyderabad
What is your status in Canada ? Are you on (open) work permit ?? When does your current status in Canada expire ? How long you been in Canada ?
If you are employed full time in Canada its better to seek assistance / guidance from an immigration lawyer (check with your HR)
Hi Renji,

I am in India and yet to create my EE profile

Krish08

Jun 26, 2017
Hyderabad
You definitely must list your spouse on your EE application, otherwise you will not be able to sponsor her in the future, short of renouncing your PR and re-applying. If your spouse does not have very strong ties back to India, it will be very difficult for her to get a visitor's visa.
HEllo,

I will list down my spouse and mention that she is not accompanying. Once I get PR and land in Canada, say after 6-8 months, if sponsor her, how long will it take to process the application ?

Also, can she come to canada on Visitor's visa ?

Please enlighten me. Thanks in advance

renji

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Renji,

I am in India and yet to create my EE profile
Oh !!! I presumed you are in Canada...
My understanding of the process
You must enlist wife as your family member / dependent and family members should take medical test if they are accompanying you or not !!
So as per your original question your spouse cannot undergo medicals :(
Link to official EE :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp
Look under
Medical exams
Section

BTW who told you that your pregnant spouse cannot undergo medicals ? I am just curious

Reactions: Krish08

Krish08

Jun 26, 2017
Hyderabad
Oh !!! I presumed you are in Canada...
My understanding of the process
You must enlist wife as your family member / dependent and family members should take medical test if they are accompanying you or not !!
So as per your original question your spouse cannot undergo medicals :(
Link to official EE :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp
Look under
Medical exams
Section

BTW who told you that your pregnant spouse cannot undergo medicals ? I am just curious
oh, one of our fellow forum member mentioned it Renji.

So what should I do now ? Shall I include her as Accompanying Member ? Any clue ?

renji

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HEllo,

I will list down my spouse and mention that she is not accompanying. Once I get PR and land in Canada, say after 6-8 months, if sponsor her, how long will it take to process the application ?

Also, can she come to canada on Visitor's visa ?

Please enlighten me. Thanks in advance
They will deny tourist visa if happened to me and to my friends who are PR in Canada !! So our only option is to sponsor PR for our spouse
The VO suspect spouse won't return to home country Stating there is weak ties :(
My personal advice will be to apply Pr together and land together

renji

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh, one of our fellow forum member mentioned it Renji.

So what should I do now ? Shall I include her as Accompanying Member ? Any clue ?
I will check with some of my friends and try to gather some insights !

Krish08

Jun 26, 2017
Hyderabad
They will deny tourist visa if happened to me and to my friends who are PR in Canada !! So our only option is to sponsor PR for our spouse
The VO suspect spouse won't return to home country Stating there is weak ties :(
My personal advice will be to apply Pr together and land together
Thank you Renji, will await for your answer. The only thing thats bothering me is that some ppl told that spouse may not pass medicals if she is carrying. :(

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thank you Renji, will await for your answer. The only thing thats bothering me is that some ppl told that spouse may not pass medicals if she is carrying. :(
They are not explaining properly. Part of the medical is x rays and you are not supposed to undergo x rays while pregnant.

Krish08

Jun 26, 2017
Hyderabad
They are not explaining properly. Part of the medical is x rays and you are not supposed to undergo x rays while pregnant.
so, is there any way for me to get PR when my spouse is pregnant (spouse is not accompanying and I have mentioned that in my profile) ?

Thanks in advance.

Pitt1234

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
There is no rule that prevents pregnant women from not clearing medicals or not getting a PR! Your friends have given you a wrong advice.

Medical exam will still be required but some exams can be postponed (for example XRAY can be postponed until she is 9 months pregnant, or she can do it with a protective shield). Nevertheless, medical, per se, are not an issue. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=987&top=4

My suggestion would be to prepare a joint application.

First, there is no guarantee that she will be a given a TRV visa after you get a PR. Even if she gets a TRV, the cost of medical insurance etc and uncertainty involving the whole process is just not worth it. Second, you might be better off with her being around when she gives birth. Also, depending on which state you get a PR for, you might even be able to get healthcare in Canada for your newborn child*.

*Some states will force you to wait for some time before your get healthcare (e.g., BC, Ontario). While in other states, you get immediate healthcare after landing (e.g., Alberta). If you have a job in Canada, your company may sponsor your healthcare immediately after joining.

Dear All,

I am married, yet to create my EE profile. As my spouse is conceived, I was suggested by some of our friends in this forum to mention spouse as non accompanying (as she is conceived, she can not clear medicals) and sponsor her once I am in Canada.

Now, if I sponsor her once I am in Canada with PR, how long will it take for my spouse to get PR (considering that she will be in India) ? I have seen in CIC website and scared to know that it takes 12 months :(

Also, once I applied sponsorship, can my spouse and child come to Canada on visitors Visa while the application is in progress ? If yes, what is the maximum tenure that they can stay on visitors Visa ?

Please help me. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Krish08 and renji

Krish08

Jun 26, 2017
Hyderabad
There is no rule that prevents pregnant women from not clearing medicals or not getting a PR! Your friends have given you a wrong advice.

Medical exam will still be required but some exams can be postponed (for example XRAY can be postponed until she is 9 months pregnant, or she can do it with a protective shield). Nevertheless, medical, per se, are not an issue. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=987&top=4

My suggestion would be to prepare a joint application.

First, there is no guarantee that she will be a given a TRV visa after you get a PR. Even if she gets a TRV, the cost of medical insurance etc and uncertainty involving the whole process is just not worth it. Second, you might be better off with her being around when she gives birth. Also, depending on which state you get a PR for, you might even be able to get healthcare in Canada for your newborn child*.

*Some states will force you to wait for some time before your get healthcare (e.g., BC, Ontario). While in other states, you get immediate healthcare after landing (e.g., Alberta). If you have a job in Canada, your company may sponsor your healthcare immediately after joining.
Thank you so much for your kind words :)

one doubt reg this, what is this protective shield ? I am not aware of this.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
My recommendation is to wait till your child is born and apply for PR together. Life will be easier then. Otherwise if you plan to sponsor her later, you will have to wait for at least 6 months to get the application to process. There can be delays from cic due to other reasons too. And granting of TRV is also not guaranteed if you plan to apply for a visitor visa for your wife and child.